Why no 2x raising?

l4m3r

trust me a lot i want times 2 breeding i want it really badly  but if you think of it  there is i belive a 5000 dino tame cap  everyone wants times 2 breeding but people dont want to get rid of there old dinos so what can you do     let me say it this way  my tribe has 8 people in it tech more  but i am not counting cashuals    we culled 100 dinos ez in 20 mins so we could bring a smaller tribe with us  things happen and there is a 500 dino cap i think the cap should be 500 then 100 more for each person over 5  that would make sence   mabe even 50 more per person over 5 but somthing like that would help a lot for tribes with a lot of people

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, X111 said:

breeding isn't difficult as per the above its the amount of time required.

if you wanted to make it difficult then do away with kibble on the predators for example and have their imprints associated to a type of animal to feed them.

imagine raising a giga and the imprint requests a giga carcass, or a titan carcass or a sauropod vertebra OR AN ALPHA CLAW

the same for herbs and Omni's, a certain berry, plant, seed, soup etc

halve the time it takes to raise and think outside of the box for imprinting.

the same with imprinting, personally, tribe imprinting on PVE should be allowed, not so much PVP. but how about a 30 second window when the creature is born or hatched that tribe members need to provide an above said item (not only kibble) to the newly hatched to obtain multiple imprint inputs from the tribe. for example, it will require a basic "click to imprint" for the first tribe member, then the next will require a compy egg, the next some rex kibble, the next a fish so on and so forth.

I digress though. the x2 is beneficial and detrimental to the game, if x2 was every weekend us workers would be able to get the animals we want bred and raised to obtain that sense of accomplishment that all "no-lifers" obtain by escaping into a digital world (sad true fact). Detrimental due to server gaining server cap as people are reluctant to get rid of unused dino's for some reason.

you have no right to tell anyone to play single player because that would be beneficial to them because its not, its cutting them out of I would say 75% of all that can be had on Ark and its community. dare I say it, segregation comes to mind, very distasteful and in fact I went onto a retailers website that advertises the game...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ARK-Survival-Evolved-Xbox-One/dp/B072N865DQ

...which states:

"Start a tribe with hundreds of other players to survive and dominate competing tribes...and ultimately discover ARK's true purpose"

no warnings on actual length of times or life commitments to the game. Doesn't mention anything about single player actually, the game has been geared towards multiplayer but does not stipulate any sacrifices by the player. as a matter of fact, I don't think I have seen anything on twitter or otherwise describing the amount of time you will have to commit to the game anywhere.

so basically, we are told that we can craft, build, explore, tame, breed etc which any reasonable person would think "I can spare an hour or two a night" but are then completely awestruck with 9 hour tames, 18 if you find a golem or the endless grind for kibble specific animals.

the golem for example:

only tameable by knocking out, the most efficient way is by cannonball, but you have to grind out the materials for, meaning you need a good Anky, Doedec and carry animal. but for the good ank, doedec and carry animal (lets say quetz). you need 2 dilo females and a male, to speed things up and ovi which you would need 400+ dodo eggs and a ton of narc.

we all no how that is obtained so moving on.

you get your dilo eggs, make the kibble, knock out some high level ankys and doedecs, then realise you cant get carry them without your quetz, need a rex for that kibble, need a scrorp for that rex, need 3 scorps for that rex. make the jerky, get the kibble, knock out a rex, tame it, need another 2 because you got a male, knock out two, get the eggs, get the jerky, turn into kibble....damn need a flyer, pteras are bad, argys are meh, hey griffons can be shot from whilst in the drivers seat. get the allos, harvest the eggs, get the prime, make the kibble, get the griffon, tranque the quetz, feed the kibble...damn...saddle at WHAT LEVEL!? fly the anky out, fly the anky back, fly the doedec out, fly the doedec back (stupid flyer nerf).

fly out on griffon, raid some drops, do the ice cave (extra trousers required)...wait what was I wanting? oh yeah! the golem. redo the ice 60 TIMES! because mantis require deathworm horns....

...dress my bleeding figers and cramp from holding the controller for 2 months in between RL commitments and time set aside for Ark because NOBODY told me what kind of efforts you will have to go through...

get the mantis eggs, run out to get obsidian, finally, ready with my kibble to get Golem.

keeping in mind the above has to take place in between fighting off people in PVE who try to block in your location with Dinos and pillars which WC have still not rectified. building a base of operations, getting the chem bench, forge, fabby, greenhouse with crop plots, oil, gas, pearls, dung beetle, chitin, fibre, wood, thatch, stone, metal ore, metal ings, crystal, cementing paste and a few other things I may be forgetting.

yeah I think breeding timers need to be reduced and removing the kibble tree for more hard to obtain imprinting items.

sorry about the essay but I am at work thinking about Ark

Sounds like a lot fun. If you happened to get this game in EA for $20, sounds like you got a steal. That is an awful lot of content. 

Content wise it is very hard to find fault with this game outside of personal preferences (ie; raising and taming times). You want one of the best dino's in the game? It should require a bit of devotion. 

You guys want to complain about the terrible server's I am behind you one hundred percent but if you want to complain about the methodology and call people no-lifer's because they choose to devote their free time to Ark because it brings them joy, get bent.

(This part is for everybody)

I'll reiterate to all the, "I have a life", "I have a job" complainers. I work 12 hour shifts 4 days a week. I've beaten Alpha Manticore and Alpha Broodmother. I had the dino's to beat Alpha Monkey and quite possibly Alpha Dragon but I decided to leave the legacy server before completing those tasks and start anew on Official's. I am in a tribe with one other guy and we work roughly the same hours but we budget our times. I happen to work Saturday's, he does not. I have off Monday and Tuesday, he does not, so we work within that time frame with Sunday being the day we crush it. Our raised dino's all finish above 80% imprint including 100% imprints on Giga's on legacy and several of our Boss rex's. More likely we settle at 90% imprint but we don't complain that that is all we get. if we wanted a 100%, we'd set our alarms to get it.

You are responsible for that decision not WC. You either want it or you don't. Nothing further to add there. 

I don't understand why so many people think everybody deserve's the same things. No they don't. The people who put in more time or are better at budgeting their time or have more skills deserve better stuff. Better dino's, better weaponry, better bases. It's a Survival game. It says it in the title. If it's too much like work then it is no longer a game and you need to put it down and go find something else to play or something else to do.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PLAY THIS GAME!!!

I hate having to use cap locks but some people seem to forget that playing Ark is 100% a choice that you can stop at any moment. 

Finally, to the people belittling someone for deciding to devote most of their time to Ark because that is what they want to do, you can stop there. What amazing things are you doing or would you being doing in your life that makes your life and your choices more important and better? Nothing is the correct answer. Ark isn't keeping you from achieving the cure to cancer. Ark isn't preventing you from solving conflicts across the world. Ark is a game. it's a game that requires a certain amount of time invested to reap its biggest rewards. if you can't devote your time to that, that is on you not WC.

Grow up and accept that or finally be responsible and put down the controller and go do that important thing Ark is preventing.

13 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Sounds like a lot fun. If you happened to get this game in EA for $20, sounds like you got a steal. That is an awful lot of content. 

Content wise it is very hard to find fault with this game outside of personal preferences (ie; raising and taming times). You want one of the best dino's in the game? It should require a bit of devotion. 

You guys want to complain about the terrible server's I am behind you one hundred percent but if you want to complain about the methodology and call people no-lifer's because they choose to devote their free time to Ark because it brings them joy, get bent.

(This part is for everybody)

I'll reiterate to all the, "I have a life", "I have a job" complainers. I work 12 hour shifts 4 days a week. I've beaten Alpha Manticore and Alpha Broodmother. I had the dino's to beat Alpha Monkey and quite possibly Alpha Dragon but I decided to leave the legacy server before completing those tasks and start anew on Official's. I am in a tribe with one other guy and we work roughly the same hours but we budget our times. I happen to work Saturday's, he does not. I have off Monday and Tuesday, he does not, so we work within that time frame with Sunday being the day we crush it. Our raised dino's all finish above 80% imprint including 100% imprints on Giga's on legacy and several of our Boss rex's. More likely we settle at 90% imprint but we don't complain that that is all we get. if we wanted a 100%, we'd set our alarms to get it.

You are responsible for that decision not WC. You either want it or you don't. Nothing further to add there. 

I don't understand why so many people think everybody deserve's the same things. No they don't. The people who put in more time or are better at budgeting their time or have more skills deserve better stuff. Better dino's, better weaponry, better bases. It's a Survival game. It says it in the title. If it's too much like work then it is no longer a game and you need to put it down and go find something else to play or something else to do.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PLAY THIS GAME!!!

I hate having to use cap locks but some people seem to forget that playing Ark is 100% a choice that you can stop at any moment. 

Finally, to the people belittling someone for deciding to devote most of their time to Ark because that is what they want to do, you can stop there. What amazing things are you doing or would you being doing in your life that makes your life and your choices more important and better? Nothing is the correct answer. Ark isn't keeping you from achieving the cure to cancer. Ark isn't preventing you from solving conflicts across the world. Ark is a game. it's a game that requires a certain amount of time invested to reap its biggest rewards. if you can't devote your time to that, that is on you not WC.

Grow up and accept that or finally be responsible and put down the controller and go do that important thing Ark is preventing.

So people who work eat sleep ark are the only people who should play this game... 

I dint think you got the idea of increased difficulty and decreased time

Again if you work your 48 hrs in 4 days then you're fortunate and do have time for everything, but when you work 9-5 10-6 11-8 shifts including Saturday and Sundays as well as renovating your home in prep for a new born or allowing more important things to take precedence then we as RL are being duped out of exploring the game as it's supposed to be and mislead into the game purchase.

I'm legacy from the start, I only managed to do boss fights a week before release, I was in a 2 man team, it was hell. 

Thankfully I'm aware of best dinos for what purpose and am breeding boss animals on 2 hours a night which is all I have time for so stop preaching

i want 2x breeding, becouse it is not fun, becouse it is not playing.. none of the mechanics of breeding in the game are playing at all, they do not depend on knoledge or skill . they are a bunch of counters ticking down. 

like it was mention before if it would take time (same time like now with 2 weeks of growing up or even more) but young animals had to be played with, taken out, taught how to hunt, or what the heck even a tetris minigame would do. when you can be more flexible how much time you give them. having wild statts if you just let them grow and complete imprint if you spend certain % of their growth playing with them.  IF it was a system more flexible and interactive. then sure , let it last.

but it is a series of click, wait, click ,wait... where actually not clicking on time means you are punished as a player.  you can say a lot about needing biger tribes, or pvp, or whatever. the truth is the mechanical core of breething that is broken.  heck! before you had to guess with colorfull bars, now the game even shows you the numbers ticking down.. so long to next click... and in between?

2 minutes ago, razvandb said:

I really hope we will not have x2 breeding for the near future ... already too many servers reached the dino cap limit ...

this has been mention before. slowing down server cap wont solve the problem, and it has been said before too that it may even help solve it.. people would be more willing to kill some of their dinos if they knew it wouldnt take that long to get them back. a main reason why people dont kill dinos is becouse it took them so long to get them!

if only there was a mechanic where a female creature only has X amount of times it can be bred.

females, 3 eggs or 3 births and then that's it. once its laid its first egg it then has a 30 day count down to death. done deal, makes breeding selective and prevents lines of creatures into the unrendered distance.

and make the tech DNA rep only produce sterile creatures

1 hour ago, X111 said:

if only there was a mechanic where a female creature only has X amount of times it can be bred.

females, 3 eggs or 3 births and then that's it. once its laid its first egg it then has a 30 day count down to death. done deal, makes breeding selective and mass produce and prevents lines of creatures into the unrendered distance.

and make the tech DNA rep only produce sterile creatures

this wouldnt work since it would mean keeping more animals, and becouse of server cap you want to aboid even more mechanics that mean having more animals.

9 minutes ago, LadyofHats said:

this wouldnt work since it would mean keeping more animals, and becouse of server cap you want to aboid even more mechanics that mean having more animals.

how does it keep more animals?

if you have a male and female, the female dies within 30 days of the first egg, 3 eggs maximum from one female. it doesn't stem the tide but it prevents 1 female from producing thousands of fert eggs.

you would have less animals because as soon as you start breeding the female will then die, you will only have 30 days to get the remaining 2 eggs out of the female...I don't get how you would have more animals?

if you're talking about tamed animals then tame away and never appreciate the breeding aspect of the game.

1 minute ago, X111 said:

how does it keep more animals?

if you have a male and female, the female dies within 30 days of the first egg, 3 eggs maximum from one female. it doesn't stem the tide but it prevents 1 female from producing thousands of fert eggs.

you would have less animals because as soon as you start breeding the female then will die, for every 3 eggs the female dies...I don't get how you would have more animals?

if you're talking about tamed animals then tame away and never appreciate the breeding aspect of the game.

becouse if i am breeding and this one female has the statt ( or statts)  i need to pass to next generation.  it may be perfeclty posible than in 3 eggs it wont  do it. think each statt has 50% to pass and there are 6 of them. so is often so that even after 3 eggs you dont get the statts to convine as you wish. If this was the case whenever i had twins or triplets i would keep them all (instead of only one) becouse that efectively multiplies my chances to convinve those statts further. surely each individual would die faster, but in order to breed i would have many more individuals to cover of the posible loss of genes

2 minutes ago, LadyofHats said:

becouse if i am breeding and this one female has the statt ( or statts)  i need to pass to next generation.  it may be perfeclty posible than in 3 eggs it wont  do it. think each statt has 50% to pass and there are 6 of them. so is often so that even after 3 eggs you dont get the statts to convine as you wish. If this was the case whenever i had twins or triplets i would keep them all (instead of only one) becouse that efectively multiplies my chances to convinve those statts further. surely each individual would die faster, but in order to breed i would have many more individuals to cover of the posible loss of genes

thus making breeding more difficult to attain the targeted stat instead of saturating the server with lines and lines of blood lines. it would make taming a thing again. it would make breeding more risky because you have to be extremely selective.

lets make it 50% fair and say that males will not die after mating so that you have a prize bull and you obtain 6 eggs from each female to obtain a possible stat you're after. the whole point is to survive and evolve.

couple this with the reduced time taken to raise and add in specific items or dino carcasses or dino drops as a imprinting tool instead of kibble and possible tribe imprints as mentioned somewhere on here and you will have more fun breeding than the rinse repeat option currently

6 minutes ago, X111 said:

thus making breeding more difficult to attain the targeted stat instead of saturating the server with lines and lines of blood lines. it would make taming a thing again. it would make breeding more risky because you have to be extremely selective.

lets make it 50% fair and say that males will not die after mating so that you have a prize bull and you obtain 6 eggs from each female to obtain a possible stat you're after. the whole point is to survive and evolve.

couple this with the reduced time taken to raise and add in specific items or dino carcasses or dino drops as a imprinting tool instead of kibble and possible tribe imprints as mentioned somewhere on here and you will have more fun breeding than the rinse repeat option currently

if what you wish is to make breeding dificult to obtain you can simply do it by reducing the chances of getting a statt pass to the next generation.

dont take me wrong, i do think that a natural death cycle for dinosarus is a wonderfull idea and i would implement it independetly of breeding. but if your animals will die after 3 months of playing then you better make obtaining animals far easier or faster. otherwise you will have a lot of complains of players.

how does making males not die makes it fair? independently of all sexual implications it would mean people would get dozens of females in order to produce breedable males, then keep such males as gene safe keepers and have even more females to be sure the male can produce such child. that would again increase the amount of animals you can produce.

Think of breeding as dice rolling, you need to trow 6 on 6 diferent dice all at the same time. the number of animals you have is the number of dice sets you can trow, the number of babies you can produce is how many times you can roll such sets. when having parents that have same statt you can efectively freeze one of the dice in place.  with game mechanics you can either afect how many times a player can roll, how many sets it can hold .  as an example egg layers allow more rolls per set saving time. but mammals have better chances to create triplets by default helping create more sets.

making animals cheaper to obtain ( cheaper being less time, since time is the only factor you can acount as real cost) increases the amount of rolls. if by the same token you reduce the sets then you achieve balance.  but only decreasing sets would force people to try (inside their best of posibilities) to increase number of rolls

1 hour ago, LadyofHats said:

if what you wish is to make breeding dificult to obtain you can simply do it by reducing the chances of getting a statt pass to the next generation.

dont take me wrong, i do think that a natural death cycle for dinosarus is a wonderfull idea and i would implement it independetly of breeding. but if your animals will die after 3 months of playing then you better make obtaining animals far easier or faster. otherwise you will have a lot of complains of players.

how does making males not die makes it fair? independently of all sexual implications it would mean people would get dozens of females in order to produce breedable males, then keep such males as gene safe keepers and have even more females to be sure the male can produce such child. that would again increase the amount of animals you can produce.

Think of breeding as dice rolling, you need to trow 6 on 6 diferent dice all at the same time. the number of animals you have is the number of dice sets you can trow, the number of babies you can produce is how many times you can roll such sets. when having parents that have same statt you can efectively freeze one of the dice in place.  with game mechanics you can either afect how many times a player can roll, how many sets it can hold .  as an example egg layers allow more rolls per set saving time. but mammals have better chances to create triplets by default helping create more sets.

making animals cheaper to obtain ( cheaper being less time, since time is the only factor you can acount as real cost) increases the amount of rolls. if by the same token you reduce the sets then you achieve balance.  but only decreasing sets would force people to try (inside their best of posibilities) to increase number of rolls

the problem is that EVERYTHING is down to chance with breeding.

if it could work with the fish fin example:

you have a tank full of Fish, you want the super fin gene (V V) associated to a single male, you would remove all other males from the tank and have that male fertilise the eggs. you'd then separate the offspring with V V and have the V V females mate with the V V male again to lock in the V V gene.

you then notice one of you V V males has a particular super fin shape, you then mate said mutated V V with the locked in V V females, from that breeding you separate the V V mutated females and breed again with the V V mutated male to lock in the gene.

then you notice from one of your separated males a particularly fetching colour, you then take your mutated V V females and mate...you get the idea.

any respectable breeder would then kill of the inactive stock of males and of course the females have (in Ark's case) died off leaving a pure gene locked mutated line.

players should clean up their own house in relation to removing all except a male and female of the stats they've bred.

our tribe uses the above but obviously kill off the left overs once we have our best lines.

currently we have 3 of each creature, 1 male 2 females, with preferable stats ready to mate but, as per OP, we haven't got time to breed due to time constraints without x2 as we are all 8-4, 9-5, 10-6 or 12-8 shifts plus RL requirements as previously mentioned

sorry for derailing the thread a bit

23 hours ago, X111 said:

breeding isn't difficult as per the above its the amount of time required.

if you wanted to make it difficult then do away with kibble on the predators for example and have their imprints associated to a type of animal to feed them.

imagine raising a giga and the imprint requests a giga carcass, or a titan carcass or a sauropod vertebra OR AN ALPHA CLAW

the same for herbs and Omni's, a certain berry, plant, seed, soup etc

halve the time it takes to raise and think outside of the box for imprinting.

this would work and be more fun ^^^^^^

5 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

you want 2 x breeding to not hurt the dino cap????? then do away with kibble dinos and the easy imprint methods requiring time to sit and click. Kibble dinos are the main reason for dino cap not 2x breeding.

I fail to understand how NOT having 2x breeding will NOT let servers get dino capped.
NOT having 2x breeding will prevent the inevitable only for so long.

The 2x breeding is for people that go to work on weekdays and won't have time to raise proper imprinted dinos. Because 2x or not, i raise the same amount of dinos every week, lol.

As mentioned before a few times, every issue with breeding we be solved with simple making babies stop progressing and just freeze if the one who is imprinting is offline. I can't see how that would be hard to do if they can make offline raid protection surely they can code in a offline baby protection. Just stop it from maturing and let people mature it at thier own pace.

On 10/15/2017 at 3:48 AM, Aguyonadino said:

Sure. You say manage yor time better, and that large tames dont take constant attention? 28 hr baby gigas sound low maintenace, right? 12 hrs in and u cant leave more than 70 mins without food depleted. Have a life or have a giga, let alone imprints over the 2 week period

The giga is a challenge yes, its also the single most powerful dino you can get in the game so maybe they made it the hardest to get on purpose......  Seems you missed the point of what i said in that its not meant for everyone to have imprinted super dinos.  Gigas are pretty important on PVP but if your playing on PVE and trying to get that you are wasting your time on something that will never see its intended use which is raiding.  

On 10/13/2017 at 6:45 PM, Rancor said:

Only since they have "Officially" launched, but a recent Q&A about it in the Digest Jeremy was saying they are supposed to be for special occasions and updates. 

x2 Does increase lag as more players only play then or for more hours.

And server cap only is an issue on highly populated PvE servers which should force players into deciding what tames to clear out instead of hording every last one. 

Kibble update desperately needed..........

And listening to people trying to defend wildcard it's making my brain bleed all they want to do is make it where we can't have a life while trying to breed and raise babies.......

On Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 12:12 PM, ranger1presents said:

You misunderstand.  I have absolutely no problem with imprinting mechanics being made more difficult or creative.  However I also recognize the time component is there for an obvious reason... to require group cooperation to have a realistic chance of achieving perfection (in the case of taming), or in the case of perfect imprinting  for it to remain a rare thing.

Of course people get irritated by that, just as you do when any in game goal might be  out of reach if you don't cooperate with other players, but folks trying to make a case that the mechanic is broken either don't understand the why of it, or purposely choose not to.

Cooperation with other players goes beyond simple "cooperation " when you have to share your login to have tribe gelp get that great imprint... tribe imps in official or some kind of reworking would b cool.

Archived