Why no 2x raising?

l4m3r

7 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

meet on dinos too. they survived til morning. just not enough time to completely refill it at that point and i knew i wouldnt be able to sustain 12 til the next break i had to refill again. Which is why i killed off 8 of the 12 to make it enough that i could potentially have enough time to get enough meat to sustain til i can get back online. Getting on to refill that much meat is feasible on a weekend when i dont have to go to work for 8 hours straight. Center spoiltime on say fish which is longer is what 30ish mins per so ur talking 16 of your stack is spoiled by the time i get home to refill. not to mention the consumption rate. 40ish stacks consumption for 8 hours, maybe per rex. So in 8 hours 5 stacks of meat equates to 1 stack of consumable meat after accounting for spoilage............. so to successfully feed a baby rex and defeat the spoil timer plus consumption that would be something like 200 stacks of meat per rex..........This is actually leniant since it is based off fish which has lower food value and higher spoil time. Raising stuff dont require "skill" as u mentioned. it requires having time.... just time.

Tek troughs my dude

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the tek troughs you need to breed /boss first so the step before is to have enough troughs for feeding and keep in mind the spoil time i believe 1 trough lasts 8h without eating yust spoil. For 12 12 rexes about 11 if im not wrong the xtra meat does not hurt.  And restack whenever you can and add meat.

But a tek troughs is a nice  comment keep in mind tek is not accesable for everyone... so saying to someone to get and tek item and think everyhing is resolved is not the solution. Seems alot of player having difficulties understanding that. 

2 hours ago, Avaraxius said:

For the tek troughs you need to breed /boss first so the step before is to have enough troughs for feeding and keep in mind the spoil time i believe 1 trough lasts 8h without eating yust spoil. For 12 12 rexes about 11 if im not wrong the xtra meat does not hurt.  And restack whenever you can and add meat.

But a tek troughs is a nice  comment keep in mind tek is not accesable for everyone... so saying to someone to get and tek item and think everyhing is resolved is not the solution. Seems alot of player having difficulties understanding that. 

Find a bigger tribe. Strength in numbers. Its the key to the game. Maybe more troughs n fridges are needed. Idk.  Try raising a few rexes @ a time and youll have enough for a boss fight in no time. I'd  just find or form a bigger tribe

3 hours ago, Aguyonadino said:

Find a bigger tribe. Strength in numbers. Its the key to the game. Maybe more troughs n fridges are needed. Idk.  Try raising a few rexes @ a time and youll have enough for a boss fight in no time. I'd  just find or form a bigger tribe

I really do not want to be in a big tribe (pve official) i managed to raise 4 gigas with 80+ imprint en 2 with 100 imprint and enough rexes to go to boss fights and other dinos. The trick is the timing for all of them and having enough food ready. Will probably not do gigas anymore atleast not the imprint that high but this was all on legacy.

i wasted alot of time doing this but I had the luxury to do this at the time, and this does not mean they do not need change the breeding timers. It is really unhealty trying to raise something that takes you 2 weeks or even 9 days, it realy pushes the boundries of your relationsship and social live. Imprint is not forced but it is there and the difference is to big..

A game should not be this much demanding of their players it is not a mobile game you can check everytime or anywhere. Maybe they should make a mobile app aswel for the imprinting and even for the feeding.

They need to change/rework the maturation of all dinos. Spoil timers in troughs need to have higher timers or even a new troughs that runs on electricity not so good as tek but better then the current one.

Some parts of the game is still not balanced correctly.

6 hours ago, Avaraxius said:

Some parts of the game is still not balanced correctly.

Hmmm, I suppose that depends.  If the goal is to make the more difficult tames almost require a group effort, instead of being easily doable solo, perhaps their balance is spot on.  And if they would like perfect imprinting to be a likewise rare thing to attain, what most other games refer to as a high difficulty achievement, then their goal would seem to have been accomplished.

If you want to attain the more difficult tames in the game easily while playing solo, or likewise be able to achieve perfect imprinting on a timetable convenient to you, there is single player mode... or private servers with modified rates.

If you want to play with a high degree of difficulty, where the demanding conditions almost require that people work together if they want a chance (not a guarantee) to experience all that the game has to offer, then stick to official servers.  Just be aware that perfect imprinting in that environment is intended to be much more difficult and, as a result, rare.

Difficult tames, perfect tames, perfect imprinting... none of these things are a guaranteed part of your gaming experience.  Nor is it desirable for everyone to be able to always attain them.  A promise for every player to be able to fully experience all aspects of a game is fine for a game where the experience is linear, where the game play is on rails and the creativity needed to be successful is limited to knowing where the power switch is on the computer.  Obviously ARK is not that kind of game... thank god.

@ranger1presents i did not know official servers where hardcore mode, this promoting an unhealthy play stil. I never had issues with taming anything in ark actually. Maybe there should be a big warning when loging into offical servers that it is more difficult to play. 

There is a big difference between taming and breeding, taming is not 1day, 2day or 2 weeks. Ark does not have to be easy but als not *** hard adjusting timers does not mean that the game will loose its touch. We are not in alpha or beta anymore the game is open for a larger crowd like kids that gets these games as presents. THere was alot of noise regarding breeding before the release of the game.

And  i will never fully experince ll aspects of the game, i wil never ascend and maybe even do bosses, but i dont care much about that. Maybe by then ill will already have lost interested to this game becasue it is to much time consuming.

Asking to changing the breeding time is not meaning to overhaul the game, it means the mechanic is broken and not correct for the most players. We can argue if singleplayr, unofficial or official but it wil not add anything to this issue . Because all these players are mostly on official servers.

14 hours ago, Aguyonadino said:

Tek troughs my dude

I saw the writing on the wall and my little 4 man tribe worked out tails off to defeat the Manticore on official servers before they buffed it again. Tek may not be available for a while for those who have not already received it. Fortunately we were able to defeat Manticore on all 3 difficulties the day before the buff and now have our tek troughs.

Un-Nerf the therizino gathering. I’d be fine with 1x raising if I didn’t have to spend hours on meat runs to fill troughs and fridges. Those were the good days on legacy when I could run a therizino for 20min with a bear on follow and fill 5-7 fridges.  And lower the spoil timer on raw meat.  

Rexes, gigas, wyverns are ok to gather meat on 2x, but insanely inefficient on 1x, too slow, or awkward in regards to mobility. 

If tame limits are truly the concern, then lower the number, reduce the amount of people per server, and fix the horrendous frame rates on official PVE PS4 Ragnarok maps. 

1 hour ago, Avaraxius said:

Asking to changing the breeding time is not meaning to overhaul the game, it means the mechanic is broken and not correct for the most players. We can argue if singleplayr, unofficial or official but it wil not add anything to this issue . Because all these players are mostly on official servers.

The point you are choosing to overlook is that there are already remedies in place for those that find official game play too time consuming.  You simply don't want to go the route of single player or private server, you instead would rather alter the play experience (and frankly make it less time time consuming) for everyone.  You wish to change the baseline difficulty and commitment level involved in breeding to make it something more convenient for you, instead of simply using the options already at your disposal for achieving the same result. 

You seem to find that perfectly acceptable.  I do not.

The phrase you are looking for is not "this mechanic is broken" (because it clearly isn't), instead for you to be accurate you need the phrase "this mechanic is inconvenient for me so I'd like to change it for everyone instead of choosing a more appropriate game mode".

1 hour ago, Avaraxius said:

i did not know official servers where hardcore mode, this promoting an unhealthy play stil. I never had issues with taming anything in ark actually. Maybe there should be a big warning when loging into offical servers that it is more difficult to play. 

Being purposefully obtuse doesn't serve your point of view well.  Much of this thread also discussed taming times, which I'm sure you are well aware of (but choosing to ignore).  As for a warning sign on official (lol), I'm fairly certain most people understand exactly what experience official ARK entails... just as they are aware of the options available in single player or on private servers. 

Official servers are not intended to be easy, and are not intended to be convenient (time wise) for a solo player.  Official servers are intended to provide a baseline for competitive multiplayer game play.  A difficult, challenging, time intensive experience that purposefully encourages group play to succeed.  If that's not your cup of tea you have plenty of other options available.

12 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

Official servers are not intended to be easy, and are not intended to be convenient (time wise) for a solo player. 

I'm not saying you are incorrect, I'm just wondering where that is coming from.  

Was it on the release box (which I don't have)? 

I don't remember ever seeing a tweet directing us not to play official.

26 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

Much of this thread also discussed taming times, which I'm sure you are well aware of (but choosing to ignore).  As for a warning

The topic says raising i am replying on that and to other topics related i do not ignore anything.  I am curious how you manage to think official servers  is not for me or the other players that are posting here and those that are not.

If you want answer for taming times i choose the x2 mostly to tame because i am already spending insane time in this game. For someone with a full time job and kids thats what i choose to do  and  i like to community that plays on official i am not playing for the company that developed the game.

35 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

The phrase you are looking for is not "this mechanic is broken" (because it clearly isn't), instead for you to be accurate you need the phrase "this mechanic is inconvenient for me so I'd like to change it for everyone instead of choosing a more appropriate game mode".

2 hours ago, Avaraxius said:

do you read the forums often this is not what i am (only) thinking and this was also before the  'release' of the game.

22 minutes ago, Lexi said:

I'm not saying you are incorrect, I'm just wondering where that is coming from.  

Was it on the release box (which I don't have)? 

would like to know this aswel

2 hours ago, ranger1presents said:

Hmmm, I suppose that depends.  If the goal is to make the more difficult tames almost require a group effort, instead of being easily doable solo, perhaps their balance is spot on.  And if they would like perfect imprinting to be a likewise rare thing to attain, what most other games refer to as a high difficulty achievement, then their goal would seem to have been accomplished.

If you want to attain the more difficult tames in the game easily while playing solo, or likewise be able to achieve perfect imprinting on a timetable convenient to you, there is single player mode... or private servers with modified rates.

If you want to play with a high degree of difficulty, where the demanding conditions almost require that people work together if they want a chance (not a guarantee) to experience all that the game has to offer, then stick to official servers.  Just be aware that perfect imprinting in that environment is intended to be much more difficult and, as a result, rare.

Difficult tames, perfect tames, perfect imprinting... none of these things are a guaranteed part of your gaming experience.  Nor is it desirable for everyone to be able to always attain them.  A promise for every player to be able to fully experience all aspects of a game is fine for a game where the experience is linear, where the game play is on rails and the creativity needed to be successful is limited to knowing where the power switch is on the computer.  Obviously ARK is not that kind of game... thank god.

Bud you are very mistaken here.... it is absolutely NOT "Higher difficulty" for good imprints or rare tames even. all it really is is more TIME. It is easy as heck to get a 100% imprint on a giga even if you dont work and all you have to do is get up and log on and imprint/feed dino. That is my biggest grief is the whole misconception of "better players" or "more difficult" bc is absolutely zero to do with being better players or more difficult and 100% more to do with having enough free time to do it. I guarantee i can keep up with difficult game tasks and mechanics with most any of these "better players" who have all day to imprint dinos. You want it to be more "difficult" then add difficult mechanics not time constraints. Make it less kibble and open time frame but make it be kibble from killing a certain difficult dino, or a source in a cave. then you would be making it more difficult and not just a time constraint.

2 minutes ago, Avaraxius said:

If you want answer for taming times i choose the x2 mostly to tame because i am already spending insane time in this game. For someone with a full time job and kids thats what i choose to do  and  i like to community that plays on official i am not playing for the company that developed the game.

Join the club my friend, many ARK players have children and a job, which is precisely why you have the option to play less time intensive game modes.  You simply choose not to do so, which is entirely on you.

5 minutes ago, Avaraxius said:

do you read the forums often this is not what i am (only) thinking and this was also before the  'release' of the game.

LOL, ummm, yeah, you could say I read the forums.  That would also include the huge volume of posts that indicate many people feel that speeding up breeding on official servers is not desirable.  Unlike some, I tend to look at all of the posts... not just the ones that happen to agree with my particular point of view.  You should try it sometime.

9 minutes ago, Avaraxius said:

Because you won't find it, obviously.  What you will find are descriptions of what official play entails, and that the game was specifically designed to provide other options for you in the form of private servers if official game play was not conducive to your play style or personal schedule.  Again, being deliberately obtuse only serves to undermine any point you might otherwise have had.

15 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

Bud you are very mistaken here.... it is absolutely NOT "Higher difficulty" for good imprints or rare tames even. all it really is is more TIME. It is easy as heck to get a 100% imprint on a giga even if you dont work and all you have to do is get up and log on and imprint/feed dino. That is my biggest grief is the whole misconception of "better players" or "more difficult" bc is absolutely zero to do with being better players or more difficult and 100% more to do with having enough free time to do it. I guarantee i can keep up with difficult game tasks and mechanics with most any of these "better players" who have all day to imprint dinos. You want it to be more "difficult" then add difficult mechanics not time constraints. Make it less kibble and open time frame but make it be kibble from killing a certain difficult dino, or a source in a cave. then you would be making it more difficult and not just a time constraint.

You misunderstand.  I have absolutely no problem with imprinting mechanics being made more difficult or creative.  However I also recognize the time component is there for an obvious reason... to require group cooperation to have a realistic chance of achieving perfection (in the case of taming), or in the case of perfect imprinting  for it to remain a rare thing.

Of course people get irritated by that, just as you do when any in game goal might be  out of reach if you don't cooperate with other players, but folks trying to make a case that the mechanic is broken either don't understand the why of it, or purposely choose not to.

1 hour ago, ranger1presents said:

You misunderstand.  I have absolutely no problem with imprinting mechanics being made more difficult or creative.  However I also recognize the time component is there for an obvious reason... to require group cooperation to have a realistic chance of achieving perfection (in the case of taming), or in the case of perfect imprinting  for it to remain a rare thing.

Of course people get irritated by that, just as you do when any in game goal might be  out of reach if you don't cooperate with other players, but folks trying to make a case that the mechanic is broken either don't understand the why of it, or purposely choose not to.

most of my tribe is working class 9-5ers. it aint an issue of not working together it is simply time and it is given a benefit to those who can simply log on more frequently bc they dont have other places to be. Make it hard enough that time is not the constraint. But many will oppose this mainly those who have it easy right now bc it is ONLY a time issue and not a difficulty issue. It should be well within reason for a group of ppl to do it if they can pass the difficulty threshhold without having to log in ever 3 hours. Do the imprint in a 4-6 hour window with a task involved that a GROUP is needed to do. then you raise the difficulty, u make it doable by ppl who are not the nolifer class, and you still limit it from being an easy happens all the time thing.  It is broken bc for nolifers it is an EASY task but for working class who cant log on every 3 hours it is. So this is biased and thus broken. Maybe an alternative would be certain things imprint better than others so a group can get on in their limited time organize and get what is needed to imprint more quickly, or on the same time you could use the being on all the dang time as ur so called difficult mechanic to get a better imprint.

To be clear the time component absolutely does not "require group cooperation" just requires nothing else to go do and sit around and play. no skill, no difficulty, best chance of doing it is..... being unemployed

2 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

most of my tribe is working class 9-5ers. it aint an issue of not working together it is simply time and it is given a benefit to those who can simply log on more frequently bc they dont have other places to be. Make it hard enough that time is not the constraint. But many will oppose this mainly those who have it easy right now bc it is ONLY a time issue and not a difficulty issue. It should be well within reason for a group of ppl to do it if they can pass the difficulty threshhold without having to log in ever 3 hours. Do the imprint in a 4-6 hour window with a task involved that a GROUP is needed to do. then you raise the difficulty, u make it doable by ppl who are not the nolifer class, and you still limit it from being an easy happens all the time thing.  It is broken bc for nolifers it is an EASY task but for working class who cant log on every 3 hours it is. So this is biased and thus broken. Maybe an alternative would be certain things imprint better than others so a group can get on in their limited time organize and get what is needed to imprint more quickly, or on the same time you could use the being on all the dang time as ur so called difficult mechanic to get a better imprint.

To be clear the time component absolutely does not "require group cooperation" just requires nothing else to go do and sit around and play. no skill, no difficulty, best chance of doing it is..... being unemployed

I agree, ideally the time investment should stay steep (to keep it unlikely that 9 to 5ers will achieve perfect imprinting often)... and the difficulty of the process itself would be raised as well (to make it much more difficult for "no lifers" to achieve a perfect imprint).

A perfect imprint should be exceptionally rare on official servers, and should be highly valuable as a result.  This would swiftly dispel the false assumption that perfect imprinting is something that anyone should be easily able to attain.

15 hours ago, ranger1presents said:

I agree, ideally the time investment should stay steep (to keep it unlikely that 9 to 5ers will achieve perfect imprinting often)... and the difficulty of the process itself would be raised as well (to make it much more difficult for "no lifers" to achieve a perfect imprint).

A perfect imprint should be exceptionally rare on official servers, and should be highly valuable as a result.  This would swiftly dispel the false assumption that perfect imprinting is something that anyone should be easily able to attain.

difficult to obtain sure..... impossible in some case is retarded. For example it is virtually impossible for a 9-5 er to do a 100% imprint on a a giga or squid without taking off work and relying on a good long 2x breeding event. I play about as often as possible around my job including morning before work and lunch breaks and even with a 2x weekend i was only able to get a 91% imprint. that was an alarm on the dot every dang 3ish hours and zero missed imprints during the entire 2x weekend. then imprints as absolutely fast as possible on the morning and lunch breaks. Is it fair that if i was a no lifer i could simple do the 2x weekend as the 9-5ers get then i have one week and easily get 100%. Heck i was ahead of maturation by the time the weekend hit. Same thing for quetz, Giga, basi, ect. And you cant just have a tribemate imprint for you so this is not a "need a group" event.

Ohh and then wc lost my char in a transfer and all that extra work and effort on that squid went poof.

Just now, bigfishrob said:

difficult to obtain sure..... impossible in some case is retarded. For example it is virtually impossible for a 9-5 er to do a 100% imprint on a a giga or squid without taking off work and relying on a good long 2x breeding event. I play about as often as possible around my job including morning before work and lunch breaks and even with a 2x weekend i was only able to get a 91% imprint. that was an alarm on the dot every dang 3ish hours and zero missed imprints during the entire 2x weekend. then imprints as absolutely fast as possible on the morning and lunch breaks. Is it fair that if i was a no lifer i could simple do the 2x weekend as the 9-5ers get then i have one week and easily get 100%. Heck i was ahead of maturation by the time the weekend hit. Same thing for quetz, Giga, basi, ect. And you cant just have a tribemate imprint for you so this is not a "need a group" event.

On 10/16/2017 at 2:54 PM, Del said:

Um Server cap has already been reached on Rag 196 game over, game broken, expansion coming more game broken no fix - Rinse repeat

server cap is bc wc wants to be cheap as heck and not provide adequate amounts of servers for the player base they have.

14 minutes ago, Hydrokane said:

Absolutely need x2 breeding and maturation I currently play on the new official servers and I for one don't want to raise simply becuase of the time and effort it takes and it's somthing I'm missing out on so yeah x2 breeding is needed for the people that want to get involved with stuff like that 

The no lifers want breeding to be only for them bc they have the time all week to do it... then they can say "you have to be more dedicated" or " you have to be a better player for more "difficult" stuff like breeding"

25 minutes ago, Hydrokane said:

Absolutely need x2 breeding and maturation I currently play on the new official servers and I for one don't want to raise simply becuase of the time and effort it takes and it's somthing I'm missing out on so yeah x2 breeding is needed for the people that want to get involved with stuff like that 

Think if you scroll up to my posts that got quoted you will have your answer. Play singleplayer or unofficial seems official servers need to be hard.. and not meant to be “easy”.

5 minutes ago, Avaraxius said:

Think if you scroll up to my posts that got quoted you will have your answer. Play singleplayer or unofficial seems official servers need to be hard.. and not meant to be “easy”.

not "hard"...lol time consuming for ppl with nothing else to do. there is the whole misconception ppl want to think it is "HARD" bc it takes time. Im already farming med manticore, med brood, med monkey, but i cant get good imprints bc i have a day job.... tell me again how it is "hard" to sit on a pc all day to make imprints with kibble from 16 sets of dinos which u are always on so u get lots of eggs. Let em shorten the imprint cycle so it takes less time and put the kibble in the hard water cave or ice cave... see how many ppl get good imprints then... i bet i could then bc i can do the actual "HARD" content.

LOL then some these nolifers would be going to single player bc they cant do caves ect.

breeding isn't difficult as per the above its the amount of time required.

if you wanted to make it difficult then do away with kibble on the predators for example and have their imprints associated to a type of animal to feed them.

imagine raising a giga and the imprint requests a giga carcass, or a titan carcass or a sauropod vertebra OR AN ALPHA CLAW

the same for herbs and Omni's, a certain berry, plant, seed, soup etc

halve the time it takes to raise and think outside of the box for imprinting.

the same with imprinting, personally, tribe imprinting on PVE should be allowed, not so much PVP. but how about a 30 second window when the creature is born or hatched that tribe members need to provide an above said item (not only kibble) to the newly hatched to obtain multiple imprint inputs from the tribe. for example, it will require a basic "click to imprint" for the first tribe member, then the next will require a compy egg, the next some rex kibble, the next a fish so on and so forth.

I digress though. the x2 is beneficial and detrimental to the game, if x2 was every weekend us workers would be able to get the animals we want bred and raised to obtain that sense of accomplishment that all "no-lifers" obtain by escaping into a digital world (sad true fact). Detrimental due to server gaining server cap as people are reluctant to get rid of unused dino's for some reason.

you have no right to tell anyone to play single player because that would be beneficial to them because its not, its cutting them out of I would say 75% of all that can be had on Ark and its community. dare I say it, segregation comes to mind, very distasteful and in fact I went onto a retailers website that advertises the game...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ARK-Survival-Evolved-Xbox-One/dp/B072N865DQ

...which states:

"Start a tribe with hundreds of other players to survive and dominate competing tribes...and ultimately discover ARK's true purpose"

no warnings on actual length of times or life commitments to the game. Doesn't mention anything about single player actually, the game has been geared towards multiplayer but does not stipulate any sacrifices by the player. as a matter of fact, I don't think I have seen anything on twitter or otherwise describing the amount of time you will have to commit to the game anywhere.

so basically, we are told that we can craft, build, explore, tame, breed etc which any reasonable person would think "I can spare an hour or two a night" but are then completely awestruck with 9 hour tames, 18 if you find a golem or the endless grind for kibble specific animals.

the golem for example:

only tameable by knocking out, the most efficient way is by cannonball, but you have to grind out the materials for, meaning you need a good Anky, Doedec and carry animal. but for the good ank, doedec and carry animal (lets say quetz). you need 2 dilo females and a male, to speed things up and ovi which you would need 400+ dodo eggs and a ton of narc.

we all no how that is obtained so moving on.

you get your dilo eggs, make the kibble, knock out some high level ankys and doedecs, then realise you cant get carry them without your quetz, need a rex for that kibble, need a scrorp for that rex, need 3 scorps for that rex. make the jerky, get the kibble, knock out a rex, tame it, need another 2 because you got a male, knock out two, get the eggs, get the jerky, turn into kibble....damn need a flyer, pteras are bad, argys are meh, hey griffons can be shot from whilst in the drivers seat. get the allos, harvest the eggs, get the prime, make the kibble, get the griffon, tranque the quetz, feed the kibble...damn...saddle at WHAT LEVEL!? fly the anky out, fly the anky back, fly the doedec out, fly the doedec back (stupid flyer nerf).

fly out on griffon, raid some drops, do the ice cave (extra trousers required)...wait what was I wanting? oh yeah! the golem. redo the ice 60 TIMES! because mantis require deathworm horns....

...dress my bleeding figers and cramp from holding the controller for 2 months in between RL commitments and time set aside for Ark because NOBODY told me what kind of efforts you will have to go through...

get the mantis eggs, run out to get obsidian, finally, ready with my kibble to get Golem.

keeping in mind the above has to take place in between fighting off people in PVE who try to block in your location with Dinos and pillars which WC have still not rectified. building a base of operations, getting the chem bench, forge, fabby, greenhouse with crop plots, oil, gas, pearls, dung beetle, chitin, fibre, wood, thatch, stone, metal ore, metal ings, crystal, cementing paste and a few other things I may be forgetting.

yeah I think breeding timers need to be reduced and removing the kibble tree for more hard to obtain imprinting items.

sorry about the essay but I am at work thinking about Ark

Archived