Why no 2x raising?

l4m3r

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Friday, October 13, 2017 at 5:25 PM, Dreadnaught said:

My 2 cents after raising many dinos on legacy without the 2x you are all whining about all while working a full time job and a side business.  Manage your time better, none of the larger babies require constant attention like you sitting at their side feeding them the whole time.  Past a certain point they carry enough that you can leave or do other tasks in your base, you know good old fashioned multi-tasking!  Like Rancor said they baby system is not meant for everyone to easily have fully imprinted stat mutated super dinos, only those with the most dedication, time management or just extra free time will achieve that.

Sure. You say manage yor time better, and that large tames dont take constant attention? 28 hr baby gigas sound low maintenace, right? 12 hrs in and u cant leave more than 70 mins without food depleted. Have a life or have a giga, let alone imprints over the 2 week period

30 minutes ago, Rofelo said:

Because servers are hitting dino caps and this is the only way they know how to slow it down.

this is not true this wil help nothing only wil cause the tribes moving to other servers to use as vaults for their dino or they wil create alts and make alliances.

if it would have been the only way they should have stopped transfers of dinos to and from full server. THis is their way to control 'lag' created by the hordes of dinos on a single piece of area. You probalby wil or have noticed it when flying through a big base with alot of dinos. but did not help on legacy servers and wil not help on the official servers. 

Blaming x2 for lag is not true either ways servers with less then 25 players lag aswel in the weekends. 

16 hours ago, LittleRedReaper said:

There is literally no quick fix to this. But someone in this thread mentioned something that made a lot of sense. If official rates were boosted ALL the time, people would get rid of dinos more. If you aren't spending as much time into these things, you wouldn't hold on as much. If it didn't take a million hours to raise something, you wouldn't pop 50 wyverns on 2x breeding, because you would know you could hatch what you want, when you want, without sacrificing [family time, work time, school time, sleep time, --whatever time]. I remember my tribemate and I saying "well, we better hatch all these gigas, all these rexes and everything else this weekend"... because that's the only time the two of us together can spare the time. I guarantee boosted rates a first would be hell, people would go over the top, but as time went by and the urgency died down, people would calm themselves.

To speak to PVE-- we have a 500 dino cap. If the devs didn't want us to use that, then it should have stayed lower. I have only ever had max 150 dinos, but if I want 500, that option is there. They need a kibble rework, and to really really rethink their official rates. I played on original rates-- it was agonizing and I ended up spending less time with my ex-husband and had to say---- this tame will be done in [insert hours upon hours]. The fact is some people can play ALL day, and they do. Some can't and our experience with the game shouldn't suffer as such.

October 25th can't come soon enough. Unofficial is looking really good for xbox.

Except this is entirely dependant on players being mature, responsible, and respectful of others and only taming what they need.

This does not sound like Ark.

3 hours ago, BeckahTee said:

2x breeding during evolution events was never the norm. You've come to expect it now but before August the only breeding event there ever was was on Valentine's Day. Once a month or whatever is fine by me, that's way more often than what I'm used to.

we are not saying it is the norm.  right now, this whole thing started with someone requesting it to BE the norm. after that a lot of reasons in pro and againt it where named.

and yes surely people would be fine if no event was ever placed, if it was roll back to the original timers  even.  where people could only have a end game experience when they live 24 /7 inside the game. and their dinos and effort would be nerfed down or blown down to pieces every couple of months. either by an exploit, a bug, or the devs themselves

everyone with a real life job would have to admit this is not the game for them. or have to move to unofficial with multipliers. but then again that would leave out everyone who is not able to pay for a private server.

3 hours ago, LadyofHats said:

we are not saying it is the norm.  right now, this whole thing started with someone requesting it to BE the norm. after that a lot of reasons in pro and againt it where named.

and yes surely people would be fine if no event was ever placed, if it was roll back to the original timers  even.  where people could only have a end game experience when they live 24 /7 inside the game. and their dinos and effort would be nerfed down or blown down to pieces every couple of months. either by an exploit, a bug, or the devs themselves

everyone with a real life job would have to admit this is not the game for them. or have to move to unofficial with multipliers. but then again that would leave out everyone who is not able to pay for a private server.

When the  "game is not for them", wc loses money. So I say it makes sense to speed things up a little bit. If not, people will get wiped and as they do they will quit ark and move to other games. All of us still playing ark have seen it happen already. A 14 hr baby giga is still a challenge to feed, etc. So it's  not like they'd  just be giving us free dinos.

personaly i would love 2 times breeding it takes so long to do it for a person with kids job work around the house  things have to be done  please think about it and reconsider not having the times 2 breeding  let me deside what dinos to get rid of i can work with the cap  i just want to breed my  dinos  my kid loves seeing the different dino colors thanks a lot for your time

Legacy has been dealing with the weekend breeding boosts for a long time. Any damage those boosts cause was done a long time ago but thanks to the people of Wildcard helpfully doing everything they can to drive players away the tame limits aren't that much of a problem anymore in the veteran cluster.

In other words there is absolutely no reason for legacy to not have breeding boosts during evolution events. I think one of them mentioned that evolution events are tied across platforms and clusters though. 10 bucks says they don't know how to untie them. Another 10 says that even if they did they still wouldn't bother. :D

Guest BubbaCrawfish
On 10/14/2017 at 1:55 AM, l4m3r said:

make Ark make less Work and more Fun and thats wath 2x Breeding is for.

Actually it's to encourage you to get ready for things such as new bosses, and new dinos, so people aren't so scared to be losing their primary dinos, to something that they will always underestimate, then want it replaced as they didn't prepare enough...

What i mean is that the fact that you cant let your Baby Dino alone for more then 2hours  is SICK!!!! because it means you get no Sleep you get no Freetime and that for more then one Day(GIGA/MOSA/SQUID)....  Because of that i want 2x Weekends or better 2x Breeding as Standart. Or make a tek machine that can feed babys or something...

Guest BubbaCrawfish

That's why you prepare and make tribes... So they can share the workload of harvesting, and you don't need to do much to get things together to imprint...

After all, it's only imprinting that should cause you to lose sleep, as anyone can simply chuck food in.

Most players in a tribe need to get sleep aswel and go to work. Being in a tribe has its benefits. Bu it is not a good argument to say you have to be in a tribe to get the pressue of. There are alot of 1-2 man tribes that have difficulties to be online 24/7.

If all this meant to be tribe only then wc should remove the breeding from small tribes and implement that you need to be in a tribe of + 3 to be able to breed.  Weird thing is from the servers legacy to official i did not ever hear someone cry or complain about the events. Players that do not like it seem to be only at the forums.

They need to change the breeding system they should have done it before releasing the game. What again they ignored like the kibble rework.

Archived