Why no 2x raising?

l4m3r

12 hours ago, Jezzie said:

Ok so this is the new thing? Not adding breeding event anymore?
I have played this game since it came out and I got absolutely NOTHING to do anymore but breed stuff..
I have no need in taming dinos, an i cant gain more xp since im already lvl 100..
Why is it like this all the time?! First u give people events and poop and then out of nowhere u take some of the parts back...

This game isnt like it once was!
I will stop playing cause this is riddicolous..!!!
God forbid players having fun while playing this game!

This game is NOTHING like it once was. I remember the first V-Day event. 

Plenty of action on the server, fights, raids, sneaky stuff plenty of PVP.

All of that stopped on V-Day. Two days before the event, the Alpha put out that anyone raiding or attacking anyone during the event would get wiped.

There was this one idiot that did not believe them.

And everyone helped remove that idiot.

This was after they disabled server transfer the first time. And before they reenabled it. So dude lost a lot. Over two trike babies a guy was collecting berries for on one of the babies' parents. Not even good trikes.

Now, compare that to the current meta.

Yeah, it has changed.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, ducttapefixeseverything said:

Ouch. Words from someone who never had to play on original harder rates begging for it to be easier still. 

Really? Lol im from legacy bought the game back in 2016. And how am i begging? Im simply stating that you shouldnt refer to it as 4x, you dont see it being refered to 4x in the menu when you log in do you? And yes i think the breeding timers should be 2x who with a sane mind wants to feed dinos all day lol. Rest of your quote is way offtopic from what i even said so im not going to bother with it.

x2 taming, xp and harvesting is always brilliant to have on the weekend.Everyone saying its not an event is wrong because an event is something which is not the normal for the majority of time. In this case a 2x event on xp, harvesting and taming. yes there may be a debate about calling the overall name a 2x weekend as it seems to be taking place every weekend. These events are defiantly in demand for every type of tribe, big or small and are very beneficial for progress of any type e.g raids, taming crafting, building. My personal view is that they are amazing and i love them and i would love nothing more than a 2x breeding as well. Plus it gives me something to look forward to on the weekend.But as there is so much criticism around having a x2 weekend for xp, harvesting and taming. i do believe maybe they should have a weekend with just x2 breeding as the event and nothing else and continue the other event of xp,harvesting and taming as usual on the alternative weekends. everyone has different views however but we all need to take into account others opinions as there is no correct answer. But being a hypocrite as i am (lol) don't understand the people that say stop it completely or telling the people that like these events to not play pvp servers? because the ark creators have generated these events on pvp. therefore they are fit for the pvp purpose however often they are dispatched. and if ypu have this "NO EVENT VIEW" have you ever thought maybe you should go to a non pvp server that suits your anti event culture ? ;)  ha

It was completely relevant. And if you are unable to see the relevance of my statement, it is your reading comprehension failure, not my writing. The breeding events were not stopped because people were dino slot capping PVP servers with imprinted gigas.

But.

LOL xxddxx ;> Y u do dis wildcard? It takes too long to raise dinos and stuff! Fix it!

They did it because PVE players were abusing tamed dino slot limit and keeping anyone from playing on "their"servers and increasing server lag.

There. One sentence long.  Bit wordy, but maybe more understandable.

Rework the kibble system.

change kibble for imprinting, make it one type of food like example the same Food like for an ovi atealst that doe not require egggs from all dinos.

stop comparing with old times, that was alpha we did not even get in beta for far as i know..

the game is released the new player seems to hate the current rates.

yust x2 permanently and remove the events for that.

increase the breeding x2.

Alpha was a test phase on release it is clear that the rates are to much of a grind. 

7 minutes ago, Velskud said:

you guys must play on some pretty messed up servers then ive never see any tribes doing that on pve pillaring is a thing but id expect something like that from pvp 

What purpose would it serve? We can blow up other peoples pillars, and pillaring resources will likely get your stuff blown up.

And uh, only limit on dinos is the platform ones with structures built on.

There is a tame cap on server, but in two plus years on official PVP, i have not been on one that was at the limit.

Its kinda self regulating.

It is just the PVE servers with the problem of dino slot cap. 

Hence the whole meta of kiting wild gigas and alphas to people's bases that is so popular on PVE.

just gonna say i donno what servers youve been on pve wise but ive played on 8 so far and the only toxic servers i ever played on were pvp. ive even seen pve servers that give away dinos to new characters so they can get started faster where as the 2 pvp servers they look for new players just to grief or make em into work slaves soooo yea

10 hours ago, Rancor said:

And server cap only is an issue on highly populated PvE servers which should force players into deciding what tames to clear out instead of hording every last one. 

This right here. If we can't trade it on our server after a certain amount of time we kill it. Last night alone we killed majority of our 2nd and some of our 3rd generation Rex's. Probably killed 8 to 10 Rex's last night. Killed 3 ithcyornis' (11 eggs will get us 11 bee hives by Monday), 3 microraptor's (67 eggs, good to go for Iguanadon needs), 2 otters (just consuming fish at this point), 2 kairuku's (150 eggs, plenty for Angler's). Tonight we will probably kill 2nd generation Anky's since no one is buying. We are nowhere near tribe limit (206 dino's last count) but we know ridding the server of them and our base of them will create less lag. We have 10 rex eggs, 4 anky eggs, 1 turtle egg,  3 dimetrodon eggs, etc to hatch yet so that number will climb back up in no time and then we'll either trade the next stuff or kill it off. Circle of Ark Life.  

Sometimes you just have to let stuff go. 

Remeber rafts count also for the dino cap i have seen players that have alot of rafts. And platforms aswel if they activayed it. So not only rasing dinos wil cap. But players building bridges with their rafts as well.

If there is server lag thats is an issue of WC not the players they should adyust their servers to the demand. They should have known it from the alpha tests what was wrong. Last night my official server was laging and rubberbanding 24 players online. So blaming x2 events for lag is not completely true. And the cap thatnis something the wc needs to resolve, seems they did not learn anything fom alpha maybe they should have done a beta as well....

1 hour ago, Eli said:

A wee bit of information about the kibble rework has been included in the most recent digest, where it states that testing for the system will occur during the dino TLC pass.

This should have been before the release of the game. It was a rumour aswel at the time. Lets see if they are really going to do it and when. They can say it now and add it next year..

7 minutes ago, Avaraxius said:

Remeber rafts count also for the dino cap i have seen players that have alot of rafts. And platforms aswel if they activayed it. So not only rasing dinos wil cap. But players building bridges with their rafts as well.

If there is server lag thats is an issue of WC not the players they should adyust their servers to the demand. They should have known it from the alpha tests what was wrong. Last night my official server was laging and rubberbanding 24 players online. So blaming x2 events for lag is not completely true. And the cap thatnis something the wc needs to resolve, seems they did not learn anything fom alpha maybe they should have done a beta as well....

Is true. 32 people online on my server 206 ping. Unsuitable for taming. Dinos "forget" they have food in their inventory and stop taming. If using kibble, no big deal. You just keep them narced until they eat it all. Happens eventually.

But heaven help you if you do not have a massive kibble farm and are trying to use mutton or raw prime.

Pretty dirty. Contribute to lag by having 3/4 of your tames being egg producers, or play inventory refresh derender games to get your tame to eat mutton.

12 hours ago, Rancor said:

Only since they have "Officially" launched, but a recent Q&A about it in the Digest Jeremy was saying they are supposed to be for special occasions and updates. 

x2 Does increase lag as more players only play then or for more hours.

And server cap only is an issue on highly populated PvE servers which should force players into deciding what tames to clear out instead of hording every last one. 

x2 breedings are special events, if they werent so pecial people wouldnt make time apart to take part of them, if they werent so important people wouldnt complain about them. after easter event finished noone came in complaining where the turkeys are. and when Xmas finished noone asked for santa raptor keep trowing packages of discord all over the map. yet as soon as valentine even went by everyone realised how much more fun and entretaining breeding can be and the did asked for more.. even up to today people keep asking for better breeding timers. so it is Special. and retaining it like that or doing it at random so that people have to come here to "ask" for it seems to me like a very weird form of sadismus.

if more player playing is a problem then why are servers open for so many players? the maximum is 70 and our legacy server only reaches 35-40 when an event .. and after all this you want to tell me you cont want players?

if you ask me the tames per/tribe limit should do that, but if you have a limit per player and still reach to cap the limit per server that is a planing error . either one number is too big or the other one is too low. like i said before is a simple math thing. 70 players with 500 animals per player. does it fit in the server or not.

8 hours ago, Crows said:

Honestly would love it if they just made x2 (technically x4) for gathering and taming and x2 for breeding permanently on PvP servers.

Why only PvP servers? because they're designed to flow from bases/structures being built, to being destroyed. Same with tames, even though they die on PvE just as often but obviously not more than on PvP servers. We lost 185 tames in one night a few months ago. 9_9

this is a design flaw. pve doesnt mean you have nothing atacking you, it means the Enviroment should be your enemy. wild dinos should be more savage and the atack on the bases should be real.  it just happens that pve has been ignored and treated like kinder garden or "easy mode" by the devs.

and to be honest even if it wasnt like this, arguing that pvp is the solution is like saying if you are too dumb for chess try football. your logic is flawed. 

1 hour ago, LadyofHats said:

the maximum is 70 and our legacy server only reaches 35-40 when an event

Yes on legacy, server cap isn't much of an issue but on even regular weekends it is a dice roll if I will get into an official server and on event weekends I have to sit there for 30 minutes to 2 hours refreshing the server list waiting for an open spot. Sitting on my couch wishing hateful dc's on players on my server just so I can get in and play. That's right up on the list of not healthy things. (next part is not directed at you directly @LadyofHats it is to the general population who has these sentiments)

Why are people trying to change officials so much? "I want to play officials because it has the word official in it but I want it tailored to my liking." That's not official, that's a private server. 

Ark is Burger King (probably not best example but bear with me). You can have Ark your way. You can remove and add as you see fit but you can't go to Burger King say "I want a Whopper with no pickles and no lettuce and mayonnaise added" and then tell Burger King "That is how your Whopper should be forever now. It makes it better because it suits my tastes." 

People take a fraction of replies to when there is breeding vs no breeding events and say, "See. Everybody wants breeding increased.", but as is true in everything else in the world, the disgruntled are always loudest because the people who are satisfied are to busy enjoying the way things are to bother voicing their concerns over something that does not matter to them. trust me if they decided to up the breeding rates and it started affecting the way the ones who are satisfied with current game play, they'd be in here asking for the rates to be lowered back. 

Official rates are official rates. Over 2 years worth of data was compiled to make the rates what they are and if that is not good enough for you choose one of the myriad of other options afforded to you. 

1 hour ago, LadyofHats said:

70 players with 500 animals per player. does it fit in the server or not.

really quick wanted to address this. 70 players is max that can be on server at once (though I've seen up to 78/70 which is its own issue) but it is not how the server works. There could over 100 players on your server some just can't get on your server because of player cap but when they were on/get on the server they are taming and breeding too which means that cap number increases for dino's even in their idle state. 

18 hours ago, Demerus said:

2x breeding isn't the problem,

all tribes wanting 100+ egg laying dinos and 50+ dodos for taming/imprinting/pig kibble is the problem.

Kibble changes desperately needed to cut down on the need to build massive bases to house all these useless dinos that do nothing but stand around and passively lay eggs.

The server performance will improve dramatically.

Good point

Raising should be rewoked no dino should be 1-2 weeks of raising. 

- dinos should eat less. But no good if meat spoils to fast.

- meat spoil timer should be increased in the feeder..

- Tek is not the sollution for the cassual player.

- certain timers of the maturation should change as well.

this is an old topic that has bren raised in alpha stage of the game, they increased the rate for taming and harvesting. But now released is proven not to be enough. Tbh we expected or most players did that that the breeding and taming timers would be changed before the release. If you search in the forums in general and sugestions there alot if topics for this.

Ok first thing i wanted to say i had 2300 hours of normal  pvp servers with raising and farming my own stuff in a huge tribe we had up to 35 people at one point  there is only so much you can do  all of my tribe was 21+.            there is not enuff time in the day to go to work for 8 to 10 hours a day and sleep for 8 hours a day and still do imprinting even if your just going to school thats still 6 to 8 hours. it just leads to account sharing and thats agenst steams tos if i remember right please bring back times 3 weekends and times 2 week!!

just to say it   i dont mind the 500 dino cap it huts the giant tribes but it leads to better dinos then just massive dinos everywhere i know it  hurt us real bad everyone split off to diff servers  thank you for your time take care

5 hours ago, LittleRedReaper said:

There is literally no quick fix to this. But someone in this thread mentioned something that made a lot of sense. If official rates were boosted ALL the time, people would get rid of dinos more. If you aren't spending as much time into these things, you wouldn't hold on as much. If it didn't take a million hours to raise something, you wouldn't pop 50 wyverns on 2x breeding, because you would know you could hatch what you want, when you want, without sacrificing [family time, work time, school time, sleep time, --whatever time]. I remember my tribemate and I saying "well, we better hatch all these gigas, all these rexes and everything else this weekend"... because that's the only time the two of us together can spare the time. I guarantee boosted rates a first would be hell, people would go over the top, but as time went by and the urgency died down, people would calm themselves.

To speak to PVE-- we have a 500 dino cap. If the devs didn't want us to use that, then it should have stayed lower. I have only ever had max 150 dinos, but if I want 500, that option is there. They need a kibble rework, and to really really rethink their official rates. I played on original rates-- it was agonizing and I ended up spending less time with my ex-husband and had to say---- this tame will be done in [insert hours upon hours]. The fact is some people can play ALL day, and they do. Some can't and our experience with the game shouldn't suffer as such.

October 25th can't come soon enough. Unofficial is looking really good for xbox.

i agree in this, part of why people dont get rid of animals even after they dont have use is becouse it took so long to get them.

Archived