Why no 2x raising?

l4m3r

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, l4m3r said:

This !

3 hours ago, Tubsie said:

I agree 2x Should Be Permanent, The time and effort you have to put in the game just to breed is to much, especially with the giga's indeed baby fase is way to long..

How can you expect to have no sleep for a baby giga and then grow it for like 10 more days, with imprinting every 3-4 hours.

Double Breeding permament pls

YES give us our old friend back :( X2 WE MISS YOU !

they already made 2x permanent last year.

if this would continue we would start playing on 10x server soon.
I'm pretty sure most people here are just referring to x2 breeding, in which case that's never been increased. Only thing that was ever done was 1/3rd the food they eat. Example: baby giga used to eat around 9k meat first day, now it's a little over 3k.

2 minutes ago, anubis3691 said:
5 minutes ago, JonnyThunder7428 said:

I'm pretty sure most people here are just referring to x2 breeding, in which case that's never been increased. Only thing that was ever done was 1/3rd the food they eat. Example: baby giga used to eat around 9k meat first day, now it's a little over 3k.

yea my mistake, thought we were not specifically talking about double breeding.

here i would fully agree to make it permanent.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, anubis3691 said:
5 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:
But there is, unless you're some sort of breeder. The cloning chamber is a thing, after all.

Never had the cloning chamber, could you please explain how that helps have less need for Dino's? Isn't the chamber like a 50/50% chance to destroy your Dino, or recreate it?

1) All you would need is a template dinosaur to clone, so unless you're breeding or using them to collect eggs for taming, you only need one of a creature.

2)There's no 50/50 chance. You just put the dino on the platform and turn it on. If the chamber is turned off at any point you need to start it again. Once it is finished a clone pops out.

17 minutes ago, JonnyThunder7428 said:

Changes made during prerelease don't count this is something some legacy players such as yourself need to understand ,we are playing on 1x from launch so please stop refering to it as 2x ,ty. 

2x Breeding has only made the cap problem worse and occurr quicker then ever before. I breed, I know things take a long time. But I'd rather they took a long time then not be able to breed or tame at all because of server caps.

2x Breeding used to ONLY happen during the Feb V-Day event. Then they started slipping it into weekends and now people expect and even demand it. If youre on a server thats not yet capped, then you're lucky. Given that no new servers are up yet and new people still keep joining, coupled with tribes using some servers as "storage" for their hundreds of dinos, I would count your blessings as it wont be much longer before non-Rag maps are hitting tame caps and you will see an entirely different sense of urgency from posters here on the forums posting about needing help with the server caps..

Honestly from what ive read and with the people ive spoken with on the servers they all seem to agree that 2x BREEDING should be made permament, most tames and gathering rates seem to be ok as they stand but hand feeding baby dinos all day seems to be what people dislike so a simple solution on wildcards part would just be to cut the current baby time by half.

1) All you would need is a template dinosaur to clone, so unless you're breeding or using them to collect eggs for taming, you only need one of a creature.
2)There's no 50/50 chance. You just put the dino on the platform and turn it on. If the chamber is turned off at any point you need to start it again. Once it is finished a clone pops out.
I appreciate you explaining that. That's good to know, say I raise a baby Rex with 100% imprint, will there imprint stats carry over to the clone?

2x or 3x breeding just makes the game playable at an enjoyable rate.

If the concern is that the server will hit taming cap sooner, that's fair, but the solution is to limit the need for giant dino inventories.  To do that,  you need to ask why people keep so many dinos.  To me, there are only three real reasons:

1)  Kibble farms.  You need tons of dinos for eggs, to tame other dinos, also often just for eggs.  Fix the kibble system.  This is something that was teased two months ago as potentially ready for launch, and there hasn't been a peep about it since.  Strangely enough, faster taming and breeding actually reduces the amount of kibble needed to tame or imprint any number of dinos, meaning that constant 2x or 3x is helpful whether or not the kibble system is fixed any time soon.

2)  Breeding.  If you're trying to get a perfect breed, you'll often see your stable balloon to ungodly levels because there's a RNG based system for getting mutations (which encourages you to breed as much as possible to get all the low-odds chances you can get.)  There's also heavy RNG in combining mutations and stats together into a desired end product.    The solution to this is actually faster breeding, not slower.  Yes, faster breeding will get a server to the cap sooner.  It will also help get a server to get below the cap sooner, as players and tribes have better odds of powering through and then being able to kill off extraneous tames.

If you want to reduce congestion on a road, you don't do it by slowing traffic down, you do it by speeding traffic up.  The sooner people can get to their destination, the less time they spend on the road, and therefore, the more volume the riad can handle without increasing congestion.  

3) Pokemon effect/hoarding.  Some people have huge stables because of the satisfaction they get from having an impressive quantity or variety.  Well, this is one area where faster breeding and taming does hurt.  The hoarder is never going to stop until they have no other option. 

Along these lines, account based dino caps are the only real solution.  Force people to choose, and they will.  Even if the choice is just to buy another game account, at least they're supporting the cost of their addiction and theoretically allowing Wildcard to provide more servers.  The weakness here is that caps are per tribe and per server instead of per account, so people can have massive one man dino stables or even cross server stables.

Well, server transfer should have never been implemented the way that it was, but that horse already left the barn.  From a technical standpoint it's probably impossible to fully solve this problem without completely redesigning the data storage strucure of the game (ie, not going to ever happen unless there's a sequel).

Tldr version:  Fix the kibble system, make breeding less RNG dependant.  Make breeding and taming less tedious.  And accept that long term, the one source of dino bloat you can't easily fix (hoarding/collecting) is at least something those players WANT to do vs something that the game is forcing them to do.

Ok so this is the new thing? Not adding breeding event anymore?
I have played this game since it came out and I got absolutely NOTHING to do anymore but breed stuff..
I have no need in taming dinos, an i cant gain more xp since im already lvl 100..
Why is it like this all the time?! First u give people events and poop and then out of nowhere u take some of the parts back...

This game isnt like it once was!
I will stop playing cause this is riddicolous..!!!
God forbid players having fun while playing this game!

have you ever wonder why people ask for x4 or x3 on breeding? honestly. just saying that is becouse they want easy mode is a very lazy answer in itself. why is it breeding feeling like a chore than a game?  maybe becouse when you are breeding you are not "doing" anything.. is a counter game. counting down to the eggs hatching, counting down to the next feeding, counting down to the next imprint.

people want speed bonus becouse it is not fun while it is hapening, what is fun is what comes out of it. 

ofcourse i want x2 event. i hate staying 12 hours along side my computer seeing numbers ticking down just to have a dino i can play with after that. but i also recognise that the core problem is not the event. but a series of bad mechanical and economical descitions in part of the game.

game is not optimised for the amount of players having the maximum amount of dinosaurs in the official servers right now. ofcourse bigger servers or less players per server would solve it but both things would be more expensive to mantain.

Archived