Why no 2x raising?

l4m3r

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
Just now, MisterBrandts said:

wont help me play on weekend but ill get back the time i lost because of the lags...

Doesn't make any sense. If you can't even play on weekends because of the lag then how would making it x3 on weekends help you get time back that you lost?

1 hour ago, l4m3r said:

You didt get the point. You just have not to descide is it for me or not.

2 hours ago, l4m3r said:

Just stop Playing OFFICIAl PVE Sever there Pointless

but you can make decisions for people? 

The whole concept of ark is being able to play the game the way you want to play it based within the rules provided. If breeding and increased rates is your forte, that is awesome. However officials are not meant to have increased rates all the time. You shouldn't keep looking at past trends as certainty of future trends or you end up with hatched babies you can't raise due to time constraints like last week.

Based upon you having more fun with increased rates, as you have stated, then an unofficial server better suits your wants and needs. That leads me to believe official server's are not for you because you don't have as much fun so to answer...

1 hour ago, l4m3r said:

Says who? 

you say with every response. 

Yes I like 2X breeding and feel that on the new officials I have to catch up with what I breed on Legacy,

And yes 2X WILL cap the servers faster, but that is another issue that can be mitigated as I suggest next.

There needs to be more servers or more capacity on present ones.

One partial solution would be to let us upload dinos long term. This would put them off the servers and into a storage database that does not need to be rendered and feed. Uploaded they would not be using up our tribe/map server dino counts, and swelling our bases.

Sheep, egger for things we have enough kibble now, obsolete breeders kept because of low mutations counts sentimental first trikes or first breed dinos would be prime candidates to store as such.

This would also help people with a holiday mode of sorts for core dinos, where for instance family holidays take you away from the net for a week.

4 hours ago, Anarki said:

Ill be honest, if we had 2x and 3x taming every weekend - the server cap would be reached too quickly and people wouldnt be able to tame/hatch anymore dinos. 

Through the week, the game should be normal settings and on occasions only, there should be an event.

I have 15 Ptera eggs ready to hatch (would love to this weekend) and obviously I'd like a 2x event but it would also take away the longevity of my game. 

Its a difficult one - in my opinion, but I wouldnt raise a thread especially 2x events - if that is what you want on a more regular basis, perhaps officials arent for you?

there are 2 diferent problems if you ask me. if not having 2x only "delays" the problem, that means the problem is REAL and not caused by the event. a whole list of mechanics invite people to have more dinos,  for one there are so many diferent tameable dinos,  mantaining them is incredibly cheap, then they add breeding and over that mutations. the game literally asks you to have a bunch of dinos if you want to have a chance at boss fights.  and on top of that servers are suposed to hold 70 players but not the maximum amount of animals for those 70 players? then why now make servers for less people then?

there are 0 high tear tek that would allow you to have less dinos. no way to keep genes of animls to be able to breed without having tons of animals parked on a corner. no way to have the dinos age so that they would die after a certain time. no way to have animals become weaker if they simply stand in a corner unatended. or become wild if they arent "handled"

i can perfectly understand why you dont want your server to cap, but blaming it on others whising to have fun is the worng way to do it. after all server caps come and go. but the time you save on the event wont

4 hours ago, l4m3r said:

J

27 minutes ago, LadyofHats said:

there are 2 diferent problems if you ask me. if not having 2x only "delays" the problem, that means the problem is REAL and not caused by the event. a whole list of mechanics invite people to have more dinos,  for one there are so many diferent tameable dinos,  mantaining them is incredibly cheap, then they add breeding and over that mutations. the game literally asks you to have a bunch of dinos if you want to have a chance at boss fights.  and on top of that servers are suposed to hold 70 players but not the maximum amount of animals for those 70 players? then why now make servers for less people then?

there are 0 high tear tek that would allow you to have less dinos. no way to keep genes of animls to be able to breed without having tons of animals parked on a corner. no way to have the dinos age so that they would die after a certain time. no way to have animals become weaker if they simply stand in a corner unatended. or become wild if they arent "handled"

i can perfectly understand why you dont want your server to cap, but blaming it on others whising to have fun is the worng way to do it. after all server caps come and go. but the time you save on the event wont

ust stop Playing OFFICIAl PVE Sever there Pointless the game is never Desingend for that so who cares if the sever is full 2 weeks earlyer or 2 weeks later thats just ridiicolus. It just incease the fun of the Game if you dont have to 2 Hours sit by your Baybis and look in their Inventory its way better with 2x breeding. 

Well not really a good idea we didn't get 2x last weekend but all of the oc officals with the exception of the Center are at server tame cap. and we can transfer our animals off the OC area because of it . We don't need more breeding down here we need more servers full stop.

2 minutes ago, espirit52 said:

Well not really a good idea we didn't get 2x last weekend but all of the oc officals with the exception of the Center are at server tame cap. and we can transfer our animals off the OC area because of it . We don't need more breeding down here we need more servers full stop.

More Server and then in 2 Month same Problem as i Said if you want NO cap play PVP..... there isnt any cap in PVP Server so i dont care about PVE Sever they just boring and its way better to play on own sever for PVE...

4 hours ago, Anarki said:

Ill be honest, if we had 2x and 3x taming every weekend - the server cap would be reached too quickly and people wouldnt be able to tame/hatch anymore dinos. 

Through the week, the game should be normal settings and on occasions only, there should be an event.

I have 15 Ptera eggs ready to hatch (would love to this weekend) and obviously I'd like a 2x event but it would also take away the longevity of my game. 

Its a difficult one - in my opinion, but I wouldnt raise a thread especially 2x events - if that is what you want on a more regular basis, perhaps officials arent for you?

U save pteras for 2x? Go buy a giga egg and hatch it and hand feed it for 28 hrs, then tell us how fun that is. Official pvp should @ least have x2. We put our dinos to use and battle rather than just having them to look @.

They should make the 2x event last 3 days on a rotating schedule. ie.  1st event  Friday Noon to Moon Noon.  The Following Week Sat Noon to Tues Noon. Sun Noon to Wed Noon Mon Noon to Thurs Noon Tues Noon to Fri Noon and then back to Fri Noon to Mon Noon.  This would happen each week and would be an official block of time that happens always not some special event that people can bitch about not being special anymore.  This would give everyone a chance including those shift workers and workers that are unavail on weekends.

2x breeding is needed, for the sake of our own health and as many people got work on weekdays, they won't be able to get proper imprints on their dinos, this would be a chance to do so.

Either that or imprint timer needs to be doubled as stated by tubsie or let there be tribe imprints.

Though i find it stupid that "It will cap servers", people will breed either way, the end result is inevitable.

I love those weekend, I hope we have them all the times

They could vary the rates each weekend and not making it the same to be more special:

example:  2x taming, 3x exp,  3x harvesting, 2x breeding, ... and change those each weeks. Maybe a weekend could be more about taming and less breeding, and the other way around next week.

1 hour ago, l4m3r said:

More Server and then in 2 Month same Problem as i Said if you want NO cap play PVP..... there isnt any cap in PVP Server so i dont care about PVE Sever they just boring and its way better to play on own sever for PVE...

sooo you dont have a problem and you dont care about those that do have... dont want to seem rude.. but what are you doing here then?

i love 2x but it has become way to often. i started on day one before the offical rate bump up. they are supposed to be special events not weekend events. now i also wouldn't mind if they raised the rate again. with the special events being even better and not every weekend. do them like during updates holidays releases etc..

Let there be 2x. Reading post from here, and before it seems more people want it than not. Rather or not it causes server cap quicker or not, let the people sleep in the beds they make. But as someone mentioned above I really like the idea of a way to store Dino's long term.

If Professor Oak can let us use his PC to store our Pokemon in, surely the aliens can create perhaps a Tek dna storage unit, and then a station that can recreate your Dino from the dna sample. Let it take idk like 2-3 days to reconstruct, with like no more than 2 at a time. So you could pull out say a breeding pair if need be.

• l4m3r changed the title to 2X Breeding is gone WHY
Just now, anubis3691 said:
12 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:
regular x2, no breeding ^^

Did I miss something on Twitter?

there was an in-game message not even 10 minutes ago that said evolution event with x2 exp, taming and harvesting

it did not say evo++ which includes x2 breeding, hatching and maturing

Archived