Transfers into Aberation

MandaBear

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Meshi said:

I have treat for you then ... dev tracker web. You can see all posts of Wildcard employees through all media.

You just made my day. I think it is bad communication they way they do it so we have to hunt down vital info. It should all be posted in their own web site THEN to other social media....maybe it's just me. But this will help immensely thank you.

1 hour ago, BlueFox91 said:

My question was moved here and has been answered :P

I am fully aware that we can not transfer dinos into Aberration and we will be able to transfer characters, but what about transferring items into Aberration? Like pre-built structures (gates, walls, ceilings, ect.), weapons, and armor?

...and  you face palmed my post....

On 11/16/2017 at 11:27 AM, Eli said:

You can only transfer your survivor to Aberration, but are able to transfer your survivor, any items obtained/crafted (sans element), and any creatures tamed from Aberration.

I do not know if my question has been asked but...

We know there are several new items to buy in aberration. If I transfer a max level survivor over that has completed beating all the bosses, final ascension, etc and I used all my engrams. Will I be able to gain new engram points or is it best to start over so I can buy the new items?

1 hour ago, ShadowWolfe59 said:

I do not know if my question has been asked but...

We know there are several new items to buy in aberration. If I transfer a max level survivor over that has completed beating all the bosses, final ascension, etc and I used all my engrams. Will I be able to gain new engram points or is it best to start over so I can buy the new items?

You get a mindwipe on release to be able to learn the new engrams 

On 10/13/2017 at 7:56 PM, Rancor said:

They should at least give a period of time before the tame transfers become active. To make it more fair then S.E. Tame transfers should be shut down both ways for X amount of time, then open up transfers both ways same time. 

Tame transfers to Aberration will not happen at all, from what they have stated. (Heard that before, SE anyone) But I think they mean it this time.

I have only seen one time where they stated we might be able to take items, gear, structures to Aberration. This might not hold true now.

Transfers FROM Aberration to other servers will not have any restrictions.

On 12/5/2017 at 12:38 PM, Palenor said:

Tame transfers to Aberration will not happen at all, from what they have stated. (Heard that before, SE anyone) But I think they mean it this time.

I have only seen one time where they stated we might be able to take items, gear, structures to Aberration. This might not hold true now.

I believe it was indicated that this would (possibly) be temporary just like SE. After some time (can't remember how long it was for SE, 2-3 months I think) you will be able to transfer equally both ways.

On 16/11/2017 at 8:27 PM, Eli said:

You can only transfer your survivor to Aberration, but are able to transfer your survivor, any items obtained/crafted (sans element), and any creatures tamed from Aberration.

sorry but could you be more specific on the item that we can transfer i dont understand the meaning of sans element sorry

31 minutes ago, Midnight_ said:

I believe it was indicated that this would (possibly) be temporary just like SE. After some time (can't remember how long it was for SE, 2-3 months I think) you will be able to transfer equally both ways.

Seriously doubt that, they have stated several times they do not and will not allow true fliers on this map.

Not sure how they would restrict some from transferring and allow others.

On 12/5/2017 at 12:38 PM, Palenor said:

If you can only transfer FROM Abberation it will become highly unfair like it did with S.E. 

We were able to take an island back from the Alpha there by abusing the unfair advantage of them never being able to attack us. Hope we don't see this again, or players will use it just as I did. If you can't transfer tames or items one way, they shouldn't be able to go the other way. That would make aberration almost a "Pay to Win" option.

3 hours ago, Palenor said:

Seriously doubt that, they have stated several times they do not and will not allow true fliers on this map.

Not sure how they would restrict some from transferring and allow others.

. . . The same way you can't transfer Element and Apex items currently? OR how you can not transfer certain tames into boss fights.  Sounds like they wouldn't have trouble setting up partial tame transfers using code they already have in game. 

22 minutes ago, Rancor said:

If you can only transfer FROM Abberation it will become highly unfair like it did with S.E. 

We were able to take an island back from the Alpha there by abusing the unfair advantage of them never being able to attack us. Hope we don't see this again, or players will use it just as I did. If you can't transfer tames or items one way, they shouldn't be able to go the other way. That would make aberration almost a "Pay to Win" option.

I would imagine the thinking is that it will take even experienced players a while to build up from scratch (other than levels) on the Aberration map to the point where they will be a threat to an established server.  The trick in that case would be to time things correctly on when to open up "relatively" unrestricted two way access (flyer and the usual exemptions).

11 hours ago, Rancor said:

Newsflash, not everything about this game is centered around PvP, and this expansion is definatly NOT PvP based. Just how would you attack and Alpha base when there are no Brontos, Quetz's, Gigas, Theriz's etc. on Aberration? A mass of Parasuars? A Battalion of Pugs?

Archived