fanfiction Screenshot Progression Thread

suicidalnoodle

EDIT: I've decided to go ahead and start this little... project. I'm playing singleplayer on the center map with a few mods(if you're curious which ones I have, let me know and I'll list them here) and what not. I spawned on either the "south 1" or "south 2" side of the island. Here's the album, which will be updated FREQUENTLY, as will this thread

https://imgur.com/a/ImOzy

And another thing, when Aberration is released, I may start a YouTube series in a similar fashion and just like this one, each video will be one full in-game day/night.

For the longest time, I've always wanted to play a survival game and take screenshots of my progress. Kind of like a visual journal in a roleplay type scenario. I want to start from scratch and take PLENTY of screenshots throughout my adventure with captions detailing what was currently occuring within the screenshot. I'll post an example with one of my current screenshots at the bottom of this post. 

Anyway, seeing as there will be a ton of screenshots, I'm thinking of creating an album on imgur to keep things organized. This is obviously just for fun and all I wanna know is if anyone would be interested in it.

I've decided to post the story and screenshots here, however there is a link to the IMGUR album at the beginning of this post if you would rather open a new tab and continue your venture through the forums. 

In order to keep this series organized, each episode will contain ONE day and ONE night, with a new day(episode) beginning at 6AM. This is all IN-GAME TIME, not real time. 

DAY/NIGHT ONE

Spoiler

GtPNHR9.jpg

"My name is Rathyki. I just woke up on a beach somewhere and I have absolutely no idea how I got here or who put me here. There's some kind of... gem, in my arm and whenever I look at it, I can see what I believe is my inventory and my abilities. Not only that, but there are these things called engrams I'm guessing I need to learn in order to craft what I need to survive here. I also know various things that I didn't know before I ended up here. I'm going to sound insane for saying this but, as I look around, there are creatures walking about and I think they're dinosaurs. I loved dinosaurs as a child and I already know quite a bit about them. The one closest to me is a Parasaur, I believe, but how is this possible? What the raptor is going on? I wonder if there are other humans here? I think I'm going to look around for a little while and maybe try to gather some resources - another thing I magically know - to survive here."

4bDEsgP.jpg

"It would appear that most of the foliage littering the area contains berries. There are six different types of berries that I somehow know the name of, which ones are good to eat and which ones are used for a utility type purpose. The bushes also provide fiber, which will come in handy once I start crafting some tools and what not. I must continue searching the area for any signs of human life."

ySg31Yt.jpg

"Holy poop, it's a Triceratops... and it's absolutely beautiful. These guys were one of my favorites growing up and I can't begin to explain how incredible it is to be standing in the presence of one. I can't wait to see what other creatures inhabit these islands. Not going to lie, part of me is starting to become very excited to be here."

vdaULo5.jpg

"What the hell is that? There's no way that can be man-made... is there? Strangely, I feel somewhat drawn to it. I'll be venturing over there if I can ever figure out a way to get there. I'm definitely not gonna swim. I'm also curious as to what those little green and white light beams are over there."

EwNoyq5.jpg

"Okay, so we're off to a good start here. I managed to craft an axe, pick, and spear and this little guy wondered past me. I do believe this creature is called a Dodu? I know it looks like a Dodo, but it's too big to be one of those. Doesn't matter, it's lunch now..."

sGiQWCp.jpg

"GIANT ANTS?! WHAT THE HELL?! I was harvesting that Dodu when these things came out of nowhere and now I'm in a fight against them. They've already bitten me twice and it's incredibly painful. I'm even starting to feel a bit dizzy... They must be killed!"

fPyqPjF.jpg

"This is just silly... WHY WON'T YOU DIE?!"

aUYBUfD.jpg

"VICTORY! That was not an easy fight, but I did finally get some meat seeing as they chased me off and ate my Dodu. I also got something called, 'Chitin', which I'm assuming is part of their exoskelton. I think it's time to make a fire and establish a temporary home location."

SspaPSb.jpg

"This looks like a good a spot as any. It's temporary though until I get a foothold set up. Time to get my fire going if I can and maybe even get a small thatch shelter built before nightfall."

5AgCv9e.jpg

"Another one of those beams, but I can see what's at the bottom of this one. It looks to be some kind of crate or marker, I'm not entirely sure which. I've gotta find one that's close and on land. Find out once and for all just what they are. And now that it's raining, I need to get this shelter built."

fQthY8j.jpg

"I've got my tools, I've got my fire, I've got my clothing, and I've got my shelter. I think I'm going to go inside, lay down my sleeping bag, relax and listen to the storm. If it stops raining, I may even go for a short walk up the beach after dark and see what I can see."

9UPuLzT.jpg

"I can hear something outside and I'm not entirely sure what it is. It sounds small, but if I remember correctly, small could mean vicious and I would rather not tango with something that's going to shred my legs out from under me. On another note, I've learned that I earn experience from everything I do now and I'm assuming that's because of the item embedded in my arm. You could say I'm "leveling" up, as every so often I feel stronger, faster, and smarter. Maybe surviving won't be as hard as I originally thought, but I should avoid getting ahead of myself."

tTDaTA1.jpg

"After a few minutes of hearing the pitter-patter of little feet, I got curious enough to step out side and see just what it was that was walking around. This little guy is a Troodon, but don't be fooled by it's small size. They normally tend to hunt in packs and their bite is venomous. I'm not entirely sure I'm fully equipped to deal with it right now, so I'm hoping it just wanders off. I would like to take a walk once the sun goes down and it cools off a little bit."

pTIkA82.jpg

"I'm not entirely sure what this little contraption is, but whenever I put raw meat inside it; it spoils REAL quick. This is a great because I need spoiled meat to make "narcotics," that and those little black berries I picked earlier. I'm not entirely sure what "narcotics" are used for, but I know how to make them and I intend on making everything I possibly can. Maybe they'll get me high or something and I can finally leave this place for awhile, even if it's only in my mind. Either way, I'm naming this little machine something obvious like, "meat spoiler" or simply "spoiler." I was also able to craft a few storage boxes - my inventory is filling up quickly and I can feel myself slowing down - and a mortar and pestle - which is used to make items such as "narcotics, sparkpowder, and stimulants." I'm also in the process of making a bow with some arrows and a bola, which I'm assuming I can use on the animals here. The sun is starting to fade behind the horizon, so I need to get a torch made and get ready for my walk."

UPxwwpv.jpg

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's raining again... Not only that, but there's thunder and lightning. It was hard enough to see without the rain, but this has made it damn near impossible. Plus the lightning makes it kind of creepy when it reveals everything walking along the beach. I haven't seen much other than a few Parasaurs, Triceratops, and a couple Dilos. I think it's time to run back to the shelter and if it stops raining, I may continue my exploration. If it continues, I'll just call it a night and try to get some sleep. I wanna try something in the morning anyway."

1y4MEj3.jpg

"On my way back to the shelter, I ran smack dab straight into this giant turtle looking thing. I'm not entirely sure what it is, but it's got a loooooong ass neck."

9 hours ago, rpicardi1 said:

Let us know where you started given there are so many good starting places on The Center map. As this site is very limited in posting pics, you can link to an IMGUR account and your screenshots will appear properly sized in your posts. (I see that you have already done so.)

Yes, I did link my Imgur account and I believe I started on either South 1 or 2, I can't quite recall at the moment. I'll edit the original post when I continue the "story". I never thought you post the screenshots themselves here, though. Didn't think people would appreciate that. I'll throw them in a spoiler labeled by in game days. 

Archived