What sums up Ark for you?

Donk67

Huh. I guess not all legacy island servers are made equal. There's occasional lag but I hardly ever get kicked.

ARK is a good idea that was poorly implemented...and maintained...and added on to.

Unless ya want a summary of play time.

Most of the time I wander around and maintain my base and animals. I keep trying to prep for boss fights but even though I already have a good army I just don't have the interest. I keep finding myself logging off to play games made by talented devs. Recently I've been playing ARK while thinking about Pantropy or 7 Days To Die the entire time ARK is running.

28 minutes ago, Vrallox said:

Huh. I guess not all legacy island servers are made equal. There's occasional lag but I hardly ever get kicked.

ARK is a good idea that was poorly implemented...and maintained...and added on to.

Unless ya want a summary of play time.

Most of the time I wander around and maintain my base and animals. I keep trying to prep for boss fights but even though I already have a good army I just don't have the interest. I keep finding myself logging off to play games made by talented devs. Recently I've been playing ARK while thinking about Pantropy or 7 Days To Die the entire time ARK is running.

About the same, play time that is....... I guess it doesn't help I'm based in the UK but playing on a NA Official server.. I'm too far into it to quit but the thought is never too far away after I DC......... Which is way to often and usually when I'm hunting a tame or flying across the Island........

1 hour ago, powerstuck said:

At this point I am keeping my Legacy base and dinos...log, farm meat and berries, feed, refresh timers, log off.

Waiting for the Aberration (I am not buying) which I hope will coincide with the new Legacy Kill List. I pray god my server appears on it. So I can finally turn the page for good. 

Yep, pretty much the same thoughts1

i for one wasted 2 years in building up base breed and so on ....wc simply disrespected old pleayers for new playes and killled old servers and for what ...just to get bit more cash ...and servers new ones that basicly are old ones but overpopulated cause they dont afford to pay money for high perf sservers they want to play 70/70 on a laggy server f.... that we all got screwed wildcard and the designers should really go more improving game experience instead of simple bsying us arround with new expansions and not fixing old buggs ....all u guys did was fix the dupe items that from what ive heard ppl still do it and made rest of us idiots to wait 30 min refresh timer to upload 1 item that is retarded dare i say ...allso u guys need to upgrade ur servers or the bad publicity wont come just from old players that took a leap of faith and they got just a thatnk you bye bye but from new players that want x2 events but hey they cant do shish while x2 is on cause lagg is retarded and u gusy dont do shush about it ...see im trying my best not to offend u guys but u really need to do something about it else really i've personaly talked to many ppl playing the game and many think about starting an anti page against u guys personaly as programers and company and ark 

Ark to me is very similiar to Spore, Fable 1, and far too many other games in that there is a hell of a lot of ambitious potential that just never reaches it's own potential because the Devs couldn't reign in their own vision to match their actual skill. It can be a truely fun game but in the "it's what you make of it" sense instead of just being it's most fun right out of the box with normal, non-meta-gameplay.

1 hour ago, Dracul said:

GOTTA TAME THEM ALL!

Then realize im playing official and outside of 2x (with breeding) evo events I just cant bring myself to waste so much time while waiting for aberration release date.

Your first line sums up this game's Genre perfectly. It's not actually very good at all at being a survival genre game.

18 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

This sums up the game for me:

Many of the customers who are most vitriolic in their hatred for the devs and the game as it stands are still playing the game regularly. It's a blast to play despite many glaring deficiencies.

I have no hatred for the devs, the game, or anyone on these forums. I highly dislike how the people of Wildcard treat people, especially legacy players, and question their abilities. I like the game and would greatly enjoy it once more if another studio were to take over and make some much needed improvements since our friends at Wildcard don't seem to be interested in doing so.

edit: The only people I've noticed with any sizable degree of toxicity, other then the occasional troll, are those found at Wildcard.

I read something on this forum once and it has resonated with me since.  Ark is vast as the ocean but deep as the puddle.  The game has so much potential but it is sunk by developers that dont know what they are doing at all, entitled players who feel like because they dont have a job and can sink 15+ hours a day in to the game they can just bully people around and that they "deserve" things and that moving sticks on a controller is "hard work", and 100+ people mega tribes that use servers as their play things.  Its a great concept that is ultimately doomed by human nature

10 hours ago, Donk67 said:

For me, still playing on the Legacy Island servers it's , lag, lag, lag, lag, disconnect! rinse and repeat........ About every ten or fifteen minutes of game time now. Not sure what sums it up for you guys but I'd love to know cheers...... :$

That will be because you're caught up in a dupe server, unfortunately. 

My friends and 3 tribes from my alliance used to do it on Legacy servers before the new official servers were released. They even gave us 20 tek behemoth gates to plonk around our perimeter. 9_9

Without describing too much detail about how it's done, they basically use other servers (that aren't their home server) to crash them, forcing a rollback. It became a meme because whenever we had lag in our server, people would say "Who's duping?" even though our server wasn't used as a "crash server" despite it being DDoS attacked every now and then. Popular tribes on legacy were known for being exposed on YouTube for it, after months of them coming across as "powerful" server raiders not to be messed with. 

This is why we all abandoned legacy. About 20-30 of us moved to the new official servers because we didn't want to be caught up in any more duping drama.

Archived