Bolas

CptCannabis

If knowledge serves me correctly, bolas aren't exactly easy to get out of. They are meant to immobilize a target and keep it immobilized until it can be captured/killed. Jay is right, a timer on a human is practical seeing as we have the ability to get OUT of the bola, but an animal would never be able to unless the bola landed awkwardly. Should one land perfectly, it's normally game over for whatever it ensnares.

That's all real life though, this is a game after all; so what do I know?

If knowledge serves me correctly, bolas aren't exactly easy to get out of. They are meant to immobilize a target and keep it immobilized until it can be captured/killed. Jay is right, a timer on a human is practical seeing as we have the ability to get OUT of the bola, but an animal would never be able to unless the bola landed awkwardly. Should one land perfectly, it's normally game over for whatever it ensnares.

I mean... do you have more real life Bola experience than Ark Bola experience? And if so do you wanna hang out

1 hour ago, duke_cockhold said:
2 hours ago, suicidalnoodle said:

I mean... do you have more real life Bola experience than Ark Bola experience? And if so do you wanna hang out

I do actually. A buddy of mine used to be really into bushcraft and would make all kinds of nifty things, bola included. I was never very good with it though, even managed to bola myself once. 

I think your looking at this from the wrong point of view. As many players, like yourself, believe the Bola should have less of a timer, I think it’s fine. I mainly use it to run away from other players, and for this use it works great. It holds them for just long enough to get out of eyesight.

The problem I see a lot of the times fights end up just being who can bola who first.I've seen fights where groups of people are just throwing Bolas non stop till someone gets hit.its not that hard to hit someone with one since their easy to make and you can carry ten to a stack.clubs got nerfed just need bolas to now to have more diverse PvP.

8 minutes ago, CptCannabis said:

The problem I see a lot of the times fights end up just being who can bola who first.I've seen fights where groups of people are just throwing Bolas non stop till someone gets hit.its not that hard to hit someone with one since their easy to make and you can carry ten to a stack.clubs got nerfed just need bolas to now to have more diverse PvP.

If people are clubbing and bola'ing and you want more diverse PvP, walk away from the clubbing and bola'ing, grab a longneck with a scope attachment, and start shooting them. If your tribe is throwing bolas, shoot the players who get bola'd. If your tribe is getting bola'd, shoot the players throwing bolas. 

The best suggestion I can give to people who have problems with bolas is to treat any player throwing a bola at you like they're actually holding a shotgun. The moment you see a bola come out, run away in a random zig-zag pattern until you make it to the trees.

On 10/13/2017 at 1:54 PM, duke_cockhold said:
On 10/13/2017 at 12:28 PM, suicidalnoodle said:

lol

On 10/13/2017 at 4:27 PM, RaiderofthelostARK said:

They should implement a combat knife to cut yourself free.

I've personally always thought the game should have a knife available as a basic piece of kit (I know I'd desperately want one in any survival situation), and that sounds like an excellent justification for one to me.

In that same vein, and as I haven't been webbed in a while it's possible it's already in game, but a torch should probably probably free a person from spider webbing.

Small things perhaps, but nice touches I think if they were implemented at some point.

23 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

If people are clubbing and bola'ing and you want more diverse PvP, walk away from the clubbing and bola'ing, grab a longneck with a scope attachment, and start shooting them. If your tribe is throwing bolas, shoot the players who get bola'd. If your tribe is getting bola'd, shoot the players throwing bolas. 

The best suggestion I can give to people who have problems with bolas is to treat any player throwing a bola at you like they're actually holding a shotgun. The moment you see a bola come out, run away in a random zig-zag pattern until you make it to the trees.

That's basically saying run from everyone with a bola run away even though everyone seems to carry them.but it still doesn't fix the problem if your bola'd your screwed if your lacking a range weapon or a tribemate  you have no choice but to be stuck their for 25 seconds as they laugh and emote before shooting you down.you episcally Cant run from someone when they sneak up on you and your immediately bola'd. Its tiring to only die from being bola,I always seem to make it before 10 or 5 second point of the timer before dying which is just disappointing 

38 minutes ago, CptCannabis said:

That's basically saying run from everyone with a bola run away even though everyone seems to carry them.but it still doesn't fix the problem if your bola'd your screwed if your lacking a range weapon or a tribemate  you have no choice but to be stuck their for 25 seconds as they laugh and emote before shooting you down.you episcally Cant run from someone when they sneak up on you and your immediately bola'd. Its tiring to only die from being bola,I always seem to make it before 10 or 5 second point of the timer before dying which is just disappointing 

It's like you ignored everything I said to restate the problem I was addressing. If you're tired of dying from getting stuck in bolas, avoid getting hit by a bola. It's significantly easier to dodge than a bullet, and you still get an opportunity to fight back if you get hit by one.

15 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

It's like you ignored everything I said to restate the problem I was addressing. If you're tired of dying from getting stuck in bolas, avoid getting hit by a bola. It's significantly easier to dodge than a bullet, and you still get an opportunity to fight back if you get hit by one.

Good advice. Dont get hit lol

Just now, CptCannabis said:

Good advice. Dont get hit lol

It's not good advice, it's common sense. Besides, if someone sneaks up behind you and hits you with a bola, the first thing you should do is thank them for giving you a chance to survive instead of shooting you in the head or knocking you out. lol

Archived