A few days ago I did a mindwipe and increased my crafting skill to make some better weapons from my blueprints. 
So I grabbed my best BPs and crafted some longneck rifles and crossbows. I know that the results of the crafting skill is random and I got quite a few different results. I did end up with some crossbows and longneck rifles that had over 300% damage.

Today I got out my best rifle with 330 damage and I  got a shock, I thought someone had stolen it from my body and exchanged it with a lower level one.

I checked the vault with all the special weapons I had made and discovered that they had all reduced and the highest damage was 290%. 

So I ask was this a bug, is it intentional and what is the point in letting the crafting skill produce such good weapons for them only to be down graded?

Has anyone else seen this problem?

I am on an official legacy server.

I thought they'd set it a while ago so that the max possible was 285%. Vaguely remember reading others having this a while back, they stay the higher level until there's a server reset at which point they drop back down to the max. I may be wrong though, sure someone more knowledgable than me will be along to correct me shortly.

6 minutes ago, BertNoobians said:

then weapon damage is actually increased and 290 is now the maximum, this used to be capped to 285 at server restart.

this is one of many band aid fixes done to the game.

It just makes a joke of having high end BPs and good crafting skill. Maybe only craft lewer level BPs and end up with the same results at 290.

It is intended this way. Like said above 285 use to be max damage, it is now 290. Armor and saddles also have a cap. Saddle use to be 117 but I believe it is 120 now. Armor depends on the specific type I believe. 

Crafting skill can still be useful. yes craft 100 armor saddles and get 120. that's not useless at all. Craft 250 dmg rifles and snipes and get 285. That is definitely not useless. Crafting skill seems to be an equalizer of sorts to help solo/small tribes compete. Alpha's and Mega's have the top drops often blocked off/protected leaving only the ability to get Ram, App, JM maybe an occasional MC blueprint. If the small tribe has a crafter though they can turn those JM to MC quality and those MC to ASC Quality giving them at least a slight more chance to compete.

Since it is all RNG though, you never know. I took a 100 armor Giga saddle and got it to max (went to 125 armor first then down to 117 at time), a 243 sniper that maxed (went to 310% first), but I've also taken a 243 longneck and turned it into a 245 longneck, lol.  All with the same character (mindwipe 1020% crafting, then level and mindwipe again). 

crafting skill isn't best used on high end blueprints imo, i only use it for journeyman

because with decent crafting skill, you can create some good stuff out of jm bp's and, just compare jm mat cost to lets say asc :P

a jm froggy saddle bp with 69 armor? not impressive right

try now with a full crafting skill character ^^

also not sure if this (still) works but you can use a focal chilli (food) to give yourself another +100% (10 level worth)

every bit count right

14 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:

crafting skill isn't best used on high end blueprints imo, i only use it for journeyman

because with decent crafting skill, you can create some good stuff out of jm bp's and, just compare jm mat cost to lets say asc :P

a jm froggy saddle bp with 69 armor? not impressive right

try now with a full crafting skill character ^^

also not sure if this (still) works but you can use a focal chilli (food) to give yourself another +100% (10 level worth)

every bit count right

Other than saddles tho,  you can still get durability up (doesn't have a cap) on mc/asc items..

7 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:

but, do they really need it ?

items work in 2 ways. or bad stats and " good" durability" or the other way around. since stats are capped, it would be a waste IMO

Crafting skill is exponentially better on higher numbered stats tho.. asc should have very high durability relative to lower tiered items,  thus the likely hood of a bigger increase is there.. ie: 30 percent of 10 is 3 whereas 30 percent of 300 is 90, as an example.. 

Need is sorta relative.. more swings/shots is always good.. and I don't think it adds any extra mats to repair with a bonused item

8 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

Crafting skill is exponentially better on higher numbered stats tho.. asc should have very high durability relative to lower tiered items,  thus the likely hood of a bigger increase is there.. ie: 30 percent of 10 is 3 whereas 30 percent of 300 is 90, as an example.. 

not saying that you are incorrect, as clearly you are not

but here an example of my own:

i have a longneck rifle with 233% damage (without crafting skill) and around 381 durability

a full repair costs me nearly 3k ingots

the higher the durability, the higher the repair cost it seems

yet i also have a journeyman longneck with 191% dmg and only 187 durability

compared to the asc one, both the crafting cost and the repair cost is a joke, yet with the crafting skill boost the stat increase on the journeyman isn't that bad either

28 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:

i have a longneck rifle with 233% damage (without crafting skill) and around 381 durability

compared to the asc one, both the crafting cost and the repair cost is a joke, yet with the crafting skill boost the stat increase on the journeyman isn't that bad either

For me, I play pvp, and the 3k ingots is less than 30 min of grind (aside from waiting on it to smelt) so that extra damage could mean life or death.. I have a jm with that damage tho,  has served me well in raids/sniping..

49 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:

Repair costs are directly related to crafting cost.

I made 2 journey flak chests from a bp to compare, one with craft skill, 150 more durability 100 more armor. Broke both, exact same repair cost.

In official you want high durability journey armor, crafted with a lvl 85+ craft character with focal chilli. durability had no cap.

For weapons it a balancing act between durability damage and cost, i rate weapon bps depending on the cost per shot divided by damage to get a flat number (value poly/electronics as a 2, all otheraterials as a 1 for easy comparisons).

A good journeyman bp will normally be more efficient/better value than an mc/asc. Plus who needs 800 durability on a longneck lol.

The way to use the stupidly high stat bps (i have some weapon bps basically at the dmg cap) is to craft them just after a server reset with the intention of doing harder content such as 1 shotting iceworms with a 340% pump action.

Archived