What Is The Best and Worst Part of Ark Official Servers?

CrackerJackx13

UPS: Servers are less likely to up and vanish in less than six months, unless your on legacy.  No admin abuse, no favoritism (not even as a human being), dont need to install sixty seven mods to begin playing/constantly update said mods.

DOWNERS: Offline raiding, exploiting, anything to give a unfair advantage over other players for pvp. Being treated like a second class citizen, getting nerfed constantly as a byproduct of pvp changes, rampant landclaim greed and mass dino hoarding turning entire servers into the personal sandbox of 10-20 people tops  and or devastating server performance for consoles - as far as PVE goes.

(Seriously now LANDCLAIM SYSTEM  and KIBBLE REWORK wildcard, those should have been done pre release.)

Yes, lag is the worst thing with these new servers, I walked off our buildings a few times today cause of it, also took stuff out of a chest then rubberbanded across the area with too much stuff and couldn't move or place it in anything today, then people cant enter servers cause they are full on weekends..... Also no live moderation which makes the chats get out of hand some days.

Best part are the connections with people that you make, unofficial gets boring after awhile as most are smaller population, or tailered to specific people. Official allows you to meet and become friends with many more people then a unofficial server would.

Best: No admins and therefore no admin abuse. I know who my enemy is they have a tribe name and I can freely go and kill them without having an admin come and delete my base for doing so.

Worst: Mega tribes. Allowing 70 players in one tribe is very bad for competitive PVP and as a result a lot of Official servers stagnate into PVE servers where everyone is friendly because no one has the numbers to challenge the mega tribe.

I like the fact that we are near capacity, and when you want to chat or ask a question there is always someone to answer. There are some really good relationships on our server and its always a bonus when you need some help.

The downside by having so many players is the Lag. Partly my own fault for playing a US server when Im in the UK but that's where my clan play - they're americans!

Our server so far has been stable, and hasnt caused me any outages which is nice too. 

90% happy with my official I play on tbh

Best:   Having so many servers connected to each other so that one can trade, travel, and fight across hundreds of slightly different maps with potentially thousands of people. Never having to deal with the problems of unofficial servers.

Worst:   The people of Wildcard...because they're so AWESOME and it's possible to have too much of a GOOD thing.

BEST: MAKING FRIENDS AND FORMING NEW ALLIES, TRADING, BUYING AND SELLING, AND HONESTLY IF ITS SOMETHING SMALL MOST PEOPLE WILL JUST GIVE YOU THINGS FOR EXAMPLE A GUY PLAYING LAST NIGHT ASKED IF ANYONE HAD CEMENTING PASTE FOR SALE AND ANOTHER GUY JUST GAVE IT TO HIM BECAUSE HE HAD SO MUCH. HAVING A COMMUNITY LIKE THAT IS JUST AMAZING. (OF COURSE I AM PVE COULD BE DIFFERENT ON PVP)

WORST: THERE ARE SOME AWFUL PEOPLE ON THEM AS WELL I'VE ACTUALLY HAD A THREAT OF TITANOSAURS (BACK WHEN THEY WERE AN ISSUE) BECAUSE OF WHERE I BUILT MY BASE. LUCKY I HAD MADE FRIENDS WITH SOME OF THE ALPHA TRIBES AND THEY HELPED  STOP THEM. PLUS THE GATHER, TAMING, BREEDING, XP, ETC. ARE AWFUL IT TOOK ME ALMOST TO HOURS TO TAME A LVL 25 BEAVER YESTERDAY. I ASK IF ANYONE HAD A THYLA FOR SALE AND THEY ONLY HAD A BABY BUT HAD TO TURN IT DOWN BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE THE TIME TO TAKE CARE OF IT. I DO LOVE THE EVOLUTION EVENTS THOUGH THAT'S WHEN I GET MOST OF MY WORK DONE. AND PILLARS ARE AWFUL BAD PART ABOUT THAT IS THEY FIXED IT NOW THERE IS  A WORK AROUND BY ADDING A LADDER DONT KNOW IF THAT WAS WILDCARD OR JUST A BUG SOMEONE FOUND UNLESS PILLARS, FOUNDATIONS, ARE INSIDE OF A WALL THEY SHOULD HAVE A SHORTY DECAY TIME.

1 hour ago, Anarki said:

The downside by having so many players is the Lag. Partly my own fault for playing a US server when Im in the UK but that's where my clan play - they're americans!

I ACTUALLY PLAY ON AN EU SERVER BECAUSE THE US SERVERS HAVE SO MUCH LAG AND I LIVE IN THE US SO ITS NOT JUST YOU.

Best: The servers are high population and permanent. This is important because the majority of Unofficials are low in population. The admin will quit playing and stop paying the server bill or there are server wipes once a month and you can't get anything accomplished. 

Worst: Low rates and lack of tribe member limit

Archived