Horakhti

Any fix in sight for "Cannot retrieve address" for xbox one?

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone,

I have this problem: when i try to join a official server, the load screen return me an error "Join Failed" every time I try. Another error is "Unable to retreive address". In this way i can't play online anymore.. What do i do? Any solutions??? This is so frustrating, i've payed for a game that can't play.>:(

Edited by Horakhti

Any word on a fix for the "cannot retrieve address" message me and many other players are receiving? It seems to be a lot of people on east coast of US when joining EU servers. It is also now not letting me connect to NA servers. I don't want a work around  (they don't work for me) I just want to know the status of the situation as it has been nearly 1 week since me and many others have been able to play. 

Edit: Also it seems people on PS4 are experiencing the issue as well.

Edited by RStrumsworth
  • Thanks 1

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:41 AM, Horakhti said:

Good, i've submitted a ticket.. it's incredible how one week later nothing changes

the only reply i got was an email that more or less said ''we reicieved ur ticket, were sorry, if we get no response we will assume that there is no problem anymore and close the ticket, here is alink to the same useless bug report form u used last time.

1 hour ago, NotoriousNate1 said:

the only reply i got was an email that more or less said ''we reicieved ur ticket, were sorry, if we get no response we will assume that there is no problem anymore and close the ticket, here is alink to the same useless bug report form u used last time.

They replied to my ticket said "we have no control over server issues." I don't care! Somebody needs to atleast acknowledge the problem because right now it seems largely unknown. 

Have you tried this suggestion I found in another thread .. I play PDS so not having the issue myself.

No solution yet, but there is a work around.   Go to your network settings, hit advanced settings go to DNS and make your primary and secondary DNS 8.8.8.8

3 hours ago, Fingle said:

Have you tried this suggestion I found in another thread .. I play PDS so not having the issue myself.

No solution yet, but there is a work around.   Go to your network settings, hit advanced settings go to DNS and make your primary and secondary DNS 8.8.8.8

Yep, for a lot of people(including myself) that workaround does not work.