Is it true legacy are going to be shut down by the end of October?

KirbypoploGaming

They mentioned that they will look at them again at a later time.
The end of October is actually a good guess as this is when new servers will be added, they might re-asses the servers at this time to see what they should close for the aberration release and open new ones.

The last round they deleted almost every server that had under 11 active players, my guess is if your server is above that then your safe, at least for awhile.

Your friend is trolling you about aberration closing/not releasing.

Basically, it's a numbers game for Legacy at this point. If we can get numbers up our servers will likely stay open... if we can't then we will have to quit or find new homes. We don't have a specific date for when they might look again, but if you want to keep your server you need to increase its traffic.

That's currently a huge issue for us, how to get new players to come play and old players to move in without creating a hostile Ark experience.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, KirbypoploGaming said:

I was told from a friend that ark server are getting shut down and our is one idk if I should believe him but he said our server 325 is going to get shut down by October and aberration will not come out because ark lost too much money?

Everything your friend told you is untrue, rumour, or assumptions on his part.

There has been no announcement regarding any further legacy closures yet, let alone which specific servers. There has also be no mention of Aberration being cancelled due to money loss because it is completely untrue.

Don't listen to rumours, but at least you asked the question so now you know your friend is trolling/lieing to you.

3 hours ago, Cataclisto said:

The last round they deleted almost every server that had under 11 active players, my guess is if your server is above that then your safe, at least for awhile.

Unfortunately this is incorrect. The Scorched sever I played on for example was consistently 20, 30+ players yet it was still killed off. Barely any Scorched server survived from what I remember when we were considering moving to a new one, before eventually deciding not to bother.

But yeah OP, your 'friend' is full of crap.

7 hours ago, KirbypoploGaming said:

I was told from a friend that ark server are getting shut down and our is one idk if I should believe him but he said our server 325 is going to get shut down by October and aberration will not come out because ark lost too much money?

Anything's possible with the people of Wildcard but it seems more likely that the others who already responded are right. He was messing with you or he was ill-informed. It is only a matter of time until Jeremy Stieglitz makes good on his word to not wipe legacy, which in Wildcard speak means wiping legacy, but without an announcement there's no way to know for sure if they're wiping this month.

And before the replies roll in Stigetliz did promise that as long as he was at Wildcard there'd be no wipe but of course we all know that they are in fact wiping legacy. Just over time.

As TranqRex pointed out, it doesn't matter how many people are actually playing on the server. Every legacy server is on death row. Get your fun in while you can.

7 hours ago, TranqRex said:

Unfortunately this is incorrect. The Scorched sever I played on for example was consistently 20, 30+ players yet it was still killed off. Barely any Scorched server survived from what I remember when we were considering moving to a new one, before eventually deciding not to bother.

But yeah OP, your 'friend' is full of crap.

The 11 number was a number they gave awhile back when talking about servers they closed. My guess is that they closed complete clusters (every server on a specific dedicated computer) if most servers were under the threshold on a specific box then all servers on that box were closed is what I'm thinking.
And yea, SE got the worst of that wipe, 75% (148 of 200 or so) SE servers were wiped on pc. Also by active I think they meant at all times of the day/week that the server doesn't drop under that many players.

Edit, My source for the 11 number: (check jens reply to this)
https://www.reddit.com/r/playark/comments/6voo24/90_servers_closed/dm1zb89/

12 hours ago, KirbypoploGaming said:

Legacy servers will be shut down,  if not October then defo January,  no point playing on them,  

But they will make arberation for legacy until it's gone,  maybe one or two servers for the whole of legacy.  

• Captnmorgan unlocked, locked, unlocked and locked this topic

There was a player on our server and I suspect he was just trolling us. He was saying WC is planning to close more Legacy servers within a month(OCT/NOV). I'm rather skeptical of it as I checked the forums and news pages and can't find any mention on it. Of course the original closing was only a little over a weeks notice on which servers would be hit as I recall. So I figured I'd ask if anyone else had heard anything on this?

Archived