Dimetrodons on Center?

Pach

I'm looking for Dimes on Center map, but the arkpedia documentation is a bit conflicting where to find them.

The dino dossier page implies they can be found on the volcanic northern island.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Dimetrodon#The Center

But this spawn map only shows them in the swamp:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Spawn_Map_(The_Center)

I've spent a lot of time on the volcano/lava island, and I can't remember seeing one there, so I suspect the spawn map is correct, and the map on the dino page is obsolete.  However, I've seen posts on Steam from earlier this year that there were lots of them on the volcano island.

Are they still supposed to spawn there?  Or are they only swamp?  Was this an intended change?  Any suggestions on how best to find some on Center?

Thanks for any responses in advance...

1 hour ago, Pach said:

I'm looking for Dimes on Center map, but the arkpedia documentation is a bit conflicting where to find them.

I see them a lot in the rocky sections of the swamp closest to the waterfall edge. I also see them on the northeast and southeast areas of the swamp. (Northeast: The little islands. Southeast: On the beach south of the swamp, you'll also see some wolves and frogs in the area)

1 hour ago, LouSpowells said:

I see them a lot in the rocky sections of the swamp closest to the waterfall edge. I also see them on the northeast and southeast areas of the swamp. (Northeast: The little islands. Southeast: On the beach south of the swamp, you'll also see some wolves and frogs in the area)

Thanks for the tips, Lou!

I just found some in the swamp, but it looks like they are a fairly rare spawn.  Either that, or just really, really hard to find in the water.  Or perhaps both!

But I've not seen any at volcano in a long time, and I'm wondering if they are supposed to be, as some of the documentation implies they should...?

1 minute ago, Pach said:

Thanks for the tips, Lou!

I just found some in the swamp, but it looks like they are a fairly rare spawn.  Either that, or just really, really hard to find in the water.  Or perhaps both!

But I've not seen any at volcano in a long time, and I'm wondering if they are supposed to be, as some of the documentation implies they should...?

I think their spawning on the Lava Island has been changed several times. Last I knew, they don't spawn there

Archived