JacksonLawrence

Ragnarok: SW Desert Update 10/11 Patch Notes (Aware of Collision Issues)

3 hours ago, Urgentfury said:

Ok next in the North east green pasture area there is a cave that is part of the river and trench area, everyone get sever rubber banding in this area outside the cave area near the river, in the cave all around this whole area.

We all believe it is just not optimized, or maybe there is something going on with the layering.

So we were wondering if maybe these areas had been fixed, or if they were going to be fixed.

59 minutes ago, Arbryn said:

I've never experienced any of those issues, and I spend a lot of time near the Green Obelisk, have a base there, and near that cave/river in highlands, we have an outpost there as well in the larger cave and frequent that area for several months. I wonder if it's a problem central to your server, or a certain mechanic since it doesn't seem to be everywhere or all servers. 3 months solid on this map for me and my group of friends and sure there are some bugs, but we've never experienced anything that made us think the map wasn't playable.

For what it may or may not be worth, I have had issues in the larger waterfall cave in the Highlands as well, have tested it on three different servers as well as on single-player.  Not sure what might be happening, but something does seem amiss there.  I get severe lag, rubber-banding, the works.  Server FPS seems fine (usually around 30 fps), but mine drops to 2-3 consistently.  Anywhere else in the map, I'm fine, just that cave gives me issues.

4 minutes ago, Ssjx7squall said:

Can you guys get with the primitive plus team so we can get ice wyverns already?

There have been ice wyverns in primitive plus since day 1 several have been raised on NA PC Pve cluster at the least, not sure about console if that's what you're referring to.  

After this last update 272 the lights are going nuts, I hope the devs read this please. Something is wrong with the lightmap, the sun is flickering all the time is just annoying to play right now :S... Also at night suddenly the light changes and flicks... The map is gorgeous but it doesn't matter how beautyfull it is if i'm playing in a disco all the time... But great map! Not to mention all the collision issues, i know you are aware of it.

• Like 1

So happy to see a update on the desert! I cannot wait to see the whole thing finished, keep up the amazing work :D!

With ragnarok nearly finished, are there any plans to add in explorers notes? When I played on the island I absolutely loved finding these on the dinos an lore objects, it made the game more immersive. Ragnarok is by far my favorite map, an I would love to see these in, espessuaily with the amount of ruins an hidden caves this one has! :D

edit: also my mate is also having the light flickering issue the poster above me mentioned ^ I myself havnt seen it yet though, but me an my mate sit right next to each other an I can see his screen constantly flickering (wasn't doing it till the update)

Edited by blueflamewolf

Hey there are a lot of collision issues right now with terrain rocks all over the island. Can walk straight through the hexagonal rocks and can't find any rocks that I can stand on. Tested both near the NE corner near the hexagonal rocks and water cave, and also near SW1 spawn. Have you been made aware of this? Playing on a rented server that is up to date. https://imgur.com/a/EnSL1

Have you fixed the bug regarding coloring on the Dino’s. I.e you tame them, they have black fur. You log off, log on, and it is a generic coloring.  Nothing special about it. Yet you can see the original color hiding under the new one. It’s friggen weird and I don’t want all brown Griffens. I’ve painted them back to their original color, log off, and when I log back in, it reverted back to the generic color. Thanks. Also has effected my wyverns, argies, raptors, and rex’s  

Thank you for your continuously good work on that.

But let me ask you one question, ive put it on discord but haven't got an answer on it.
Since i read there is an underwater city planned earlier in this topic it popped back onto my mind:

guys please give us an underwaterboss, a really strong one. maybe an underwater obelisk or something to summon it. possibly name it xycys. ;)

https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/ark/1198014?playerCount=7D&serverRank=1M&timePlayed=7D

5 hours ago, blueflamewolf said:

So happy to see a update on the desert! I cannot wait to see the whole thing finished, keep up the amazing work :D!

With ragnarok nearly finished, are there any plans to add in explorers notes? When I played on the island I absolutely loved finding these on the dinos an lore objects, it made the game more immersive. Ragnarok is by far my favorite map, an I would love to see these in, espessuaily with the amount of ruins an hidden caves this one has! :D

edit: also my mate is also having the light flickering issue the poster above me mentioned ^ I myself havnt seen it yet though, but me an my mate sit right next to each other an I can see his screen constantly flickering (wasn't doing it till the update)

explorer notes will come once wildcards adds a way to integrate custom ones properly in the devkit

So when i just downloaded the update and entered the server with others, ping was 30-40... Everything is perfect. I saw every wywern at huge dystance, freshly reapawned dinoes were not glitched and really were happy not to lag at all. But...

In 2-3 hours all dinoes were glitching again... Again 255 ping... Again huge rollbacks and lags... And there was not actual pressure pn server... After update it was like 20 ppl, a bit later 40-45... Official rag servers were made to LAG????? FOR REAL???

Really looking forward to this on console now, always intrigued by building caves and especially areas you can place tree platforms.

1 hour ago, JacksonLawrence said:

Yes sir, 
We plan on releasing:
Desert (2/3)
In 2 - 3 Weeks (Ragnarok team will be moving in real life so this is subject to change just in case anything comes up)

Desert (3/3)
in 2 - 4 Weeks (Once again just depends on the move and getting situated)

After the Desert is complete we'll be going through and adding in:
1. Caves
We'll be adding building caves as well as explorable caves (this includes underwater)
2. Dungeons
This is one of the parts we're super excited to get to. We'll be adding new dungeons with new integrated boss fights built into the dungeons
as well as new traps and puzzles for the players to solve and test there fortitude :D
(We'll also be moving the artifacts to locations we see fit)
3. Bug Fixes
We take these very seriously, and I do mean seriously (check our discord or talk to our mods)
We'll be going through and fixing any issues that pop up.
4. Ruins
We'll also go through and if we have time add a few more iconic ruins to the map, because we love ruins and what you creative folks are able to build into them.

DOPE! :D

Not sure of this issue, would you mind posting it in our discord?

Can't wait to see the new caves, dungeons and bosses. I'm expecting to see an Alpha Wyvern boss and a Kraken boss now, wink wink nudge nudge ;):D

Very nice work, love what you've done so far.

I have a question, i am hosting a private server with modified beacons and i am unable to find anywhere the level 70 beacon ID.
Does it use the Scorched Earth same ID ?