Don't Play Ark PvP If You're Solo/Small a Tribe

Crows

Would be great if they made some servers where you couldnt make or join a tribe and it was just a solo environment, I think pvp would actually be more enjoyable and sort out issues within the solo community but servers seem bad, PvE extremely lagging, PvP overrun by huge tribes, games well past due to be deleted/resetted. My other unrelated issue is raising dinos, I can't even get an hours sleep, I would need to stay up for days, every hour apart from one hour in which I contemplate why I'm putting my body and mind through this hell. I agree with people saying that they concentrate on tribes and one game play element that shows this is raising dinos. Tribes can rotate people looking after a baby dino (good luck on finding a player who's willing to do that), solo players just see a baby dino eating 10x that of an adult dino and think what the hell and/or coming back with the trough full of rotten meat and a dead baby or 5.

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are my thoughts on the question, which came from my experience so far:

1. When you are solo, you have to stay hidden. Building structures anywhere on the map will make you noticeable. Doesn't matter if you do it deep in the woods or at the end of the map. People will still find you. I tried this already.

2. So, don't build base. All the stuff like mortar and pestile, smithy, forge and so on, could be build on an open base (no locked doors, no rooftops). Let it be free to everyone. Put a sing like "Free zone''. Other players will like that. Raiders will have no intension of destroying your stuff, unless you are pissing them off.

3. Now you will ask, where to store my loot. Now, everyone goes for something big, Something they see. Well, my experience tells me, that is extremely hard to spot a storage container covered in bushes or storage placed underwater. I am not saying people won't find it 100%. I am saying that your storage container who will be put in your base will be looted 100%. And the hidden container? Well I will say it this way. I've put 5 storage containers in the same area. 3 are not found so far. Other 2 was found, 1 looted totally and other by only 20%. I decided to start filling the 1st one to see if the looting guy will do it again. He didn't. You know why? Because he can't find it again. When you step on something like that, you do that only 1 time, unless you live in the area and you are familiar with it. You only have to be careful when you interact with it. Not only because players might loot if they see what you doing, but most importantly, dinosaurs can destroy it if they start attacking you, while you are near the storage box.

4. If you want tamed dinos (and you do), put them in some hidden area, but do not build them a home. People who are spying with flying dinos and are looking for a base to loot will see a raptor in the woods and no more. Put the raptor in a stone home and it's a total different story.

That's what it think.

All luck to the solo players! We need it most!

Archived