raw prime fish meat

xerokishi

Can confirm on xbox that killing a salmon and using a sickle will give 1-3 raw fish prime occasionally.  I'd say 66% of the time.  The other times it's just fish meat.  Alpha megaladons only fish meat with sickle or spino.  Regular megalodons occasionally 1-3 raw fish prime with pick or sickle.

Using an Ichthy to gather, 10 coel gave 0 fish prime.  Tried sickle, pick and dino.  Was going to use the bird to get a salmon hoping for more than normal prime fish but got troodoned.

Currently much easier to make bug repellent and tame pachyrhinos.  11 kibble for a 150 barry on 2x and a 20 pachyrhino takes less than 20 minutes on 1x.

Hello,

I agree with ScorpionQueen, alphas is the best. But a high dmg sickle is the best for use when you need it. You get higher level sickle from alphas as well. Avoid raptor alphas since they bite the rex and there might be more than one alpharaptor, use Argent for alpha raptors. Please, plan your attack so that you have high ground and nothing to stop you from backing up. This is most important for alpharex. And remember to starve your tame so that nothing is wasted.

Good Luck with your gameplay.

Regards,

Ariana

38 minutes ago, ArianaGaming said:

Hello,

I agree with ScorpionQueen, alphas is the best. But a high dmg sickle is the best for use when you need it. You get higher level sickle from alphas as well. Avoid raptor alphas since they bite the rex and there might be more than one alpharaptor, use Argent for alpha raptors. Please, plan your attack so that you have high ground and nothing to stop you from backing up. This is most important for alpharex. And remember to starve your tame so that nothing is wasted.

Good Luck with your gameplay.

Regards,

Ariana

Sorry to say you're doing alpha's wrong... For raptors you want to use guns or arrows if you aren't using a dino.  Alpha Raptors have a 3x headshot modifier so you can kill them super quick by-hand.

For carnos or higher you'd ideally like to get them stuck in a spot where you can safely pike, but those places are rare.  Currently there's a bug where alphas cannot consume the body of a dead dino or player.  They will instead attack the corpse until it decays.  If another, non-alpha wild comes by, it will eat the corpse.  So, clear non-alphas, drag over something the alpha will kill, let it kill the thing and then shoot the alpha while it tries to eat the corpse.  An alpha rex level 130 takes about 4 corpses and 300 arrows from a 200% xbow.

Hello again,

You are right Brayn. But we want the prime meat in this tread. /Ariana

Edit: First alpha rex we needed to take care of was at our base in PvP. I started to make lots or ballistas and preparing for a big fight with a trap and everything. Then realising that the alpha was stuck. Did not know what to do, asked my dad. He just go outside with 200 arrows and a primitive crossbow and shot it dead. He did not have a tribe so the alpha rex could get free and not attack the house if that happened, I mean if the alpha got free somehow. It was a very scary moment.

3 hours ago, Brayn said:

Sorry to say you're doing alpha's wrong... For raptors you want to use guns or arrows if you aren't using a dino.  Alpha Raptors have a 3x headshot modifier so you can kill them super quick by-hand.

For carnos or higher you'd ideally like to get them stuck in a spot where you can safely pike, but those places are rare.  Currently there's a bug where alphas cannot consume the body of a dead dino or player.  They will instead attack the corpse until it decays.  If another, non-alpha wild comes by, it will eat the corpse.  So, clear non-alphas, drag over something the alpha will kill, let it kill the thing and then shoot the alpha while it tries to eat the corpse.  An alpha rex level 130 takes about 4 corpses and 300 arrows from a 200% xbow.

Not sure how killing alphas by hand is the right way. I just use a basil, but that's because I'm too lazy to walk a rex around. So many alphas spawn on the beach that all you need to do is shoot them with an arrow, they agro to the basil and you wreck them.

As for OP, find a leed and swim up to it (they are friendly to all except rafts) and press E. It will either give you 50 fish, or 50 prime fish. You can do it every 10 minutes.

23 hours ago, Racidon said:

Not sure how killing alphas by hand is the right way. I just use a basil, but that's because I'm too lazy to walk a rex around. So many alphas spawn on the beach that all you need to do is shoot them with an arrow, they agro to the basil and you wreck them.

As for OP, find a leed and swim up to it (they are friendly to all except rafts) and press E. It will either give you 50 fish, or 50 prime fish. You can do it every 10 minutes.

Killing by hand is the most xp.  Lets say the 100% xp value of an alpha is 1,000.

kill the alpha "by hand" with a gun, pike bow etc and you will earn 1,000 xp

kill the alpha with a dino you are riding, you get 500 xp and the dino gets 250.  The other 250 is lost.

If tribe member kills dino by hand and you are not mounted, you gain 500 xp, he gets 1,000.

Tribe member while riding dino and you're not mounted, you get 250, dino gets 250, tribe member gets 500.

tribe member while riding dino and you are mounted on another dino, you get 0, your dino gets 250, tribe member gets 500, tribe member's dino gets 250.

best xp by far is using a rex to kill deathworms.  Get them super bloody with rex.  Run out of range to make the worm go under ground.  Dismount rex and run like 10 foundations away.  Shoot worm with a compound or flame arrows while it hits your rex.  6k xp per kill on 1x. If I was mounted, would only be 3k.

42 minutes ago, Brayn said:

Killing by hand is the most xp.  Lets say the 100% xp value of an alpha is 1,000.

kill the alpha "by hand" with a gun, pike bow etc and you will earn 1,000 xp

kill the alpha with a dino you are riding, you get 500 xp and the dino gets 250.  The other 250 is lost.

If tribe member kills dino by hand and you are not mounted, you gain 500 xp, he gets 1,000.

Tribe member while riding dino and you're not mounted, you get 250, dino gets 250, tribe member gets 500.

tribe member while riding dino and you are mounted on another dino, you get 0, your dino gets 250, tribe member gets 500, tribe member's dino gets 250.

best xp by far is using a rex to kill deathworms.  Get them super bloody with rex.  Run out of range to make the worm go under ground.  Dismount rex and run like 10 foundations away.  Shoot worm with a compound or flame arrows while it hits your rex.  6k xp per kill on 1x. If I was mounted, would only be 3k.

The amount you get per kill verus per hour would be massive using crossbows, you're also forgetting the cost of repairing said cross bow but each to their own :)

6 hours ago, Racidon said:

The amount you get per kill verus per hour would be massive using crossbows, you're also forgetting the cost of repairing said cross bow but each to their own

Yeah.  It is.  The reward is also massive.  Took me 20 minutes, 50 longneck and 150 arrows to by-hand a lvl 55 alpha rex.  Got me the last bit of lvl 94 and almost half of 95.  Also an ascendant pick and xbow.  My gun cost me 60 ingot to fix, bow cost about the same.  I guess if Alphas were spawning non-stop to the point where you could kill them back to back with a dino, on demand, your xp per hour argument would hold.  They're not super common and I'd rather by-hand 1 lvl 55 alpha rex in 20 minutes for omfgwtfexp than try to find two of them with my rex.

The only steady, constant xp drip you're gonna find that is in any way meaningful is using a grinder or doing swamp cave.  Laps on carno island will give u like 1k xp a lap.  

Hello,

I came across a Baryonyx and I did not have anything else than a sickle. So going after salmon with a sickle is not like it used to be. After lots of them attacked me I got 4 prime with a 170isch dmg sickle. I remember getting more with a primitive sickle so I made one of these and got nothing just fish. Conclusion is that it must be 2X harvesting for it to work. Feeding a Bary prime from taming start to finish. It is really intense.

Since Bary is my favorite tame I dislike very much that I did not have kibble. since I now play PvE and not PvP. should have planed for it. I lost one low level bary to another wild bary 140 speed and still not enough. I was sure that it was enough. Bary mine now never goes out unless 146% speed.

So forget sickle of any grade unless 2X weekend event.

Regards,

Ariana

On 13/10/2017 at 4:05 PM, Brayn said:

Yeah.  It is.  The reward is also massive.  Took me 20 minutes, 50 longneck and 150 arrows to by-hand a lvl 55 alpha rex.  Got me the last bit of lvl 94 and almost half of 95.  Also an ascendant pick and xbow.  My gun cost me 60 ingot to fix, bow cost about the same.  I guess if Alphas were spawning non-stop to the point where you could kill them back to back with a dino, on demand, your xp per hour argument would hold.  They're not super common and I'd rather by-hand 1 lvl 55 alpha rex in 20 minutes for omfgwtfexp than try to find two of them with my rex.

The only steady, constant xp drip you're gonna find that is in any way meaningful is using a grinder or doing swamp cave.  Laps on carno island will give u like 1k xp a lap.  

you should try the ocean some time man, them and the alpha raptors, it's insane how many you see, quite often I have to fight off 2 alpha megalodons at the same time. Also in the water caves you can quite often find alpha mosas well beyond lvl150 and they agro weird so pretty easy xp :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

The best ways to get raw prime fish meat. Since the sickle only gives fish meat now. IS

As Ciabattaroll pointed out the Ichthyornis, brings you fish and that fish will give you prime, even with a pike.

Best way to tame one is with a high DMG crossbow. Because the low level Ichthyornis will die so it is just to keep firing until one is knocked out. Easy enough

High Quality high damage crossbows are dropped from alpha carnos that the Rex have no problem with. But during the Halloween event they dropped low DMG crossbows, like 120%. At normal ARK game play they drop 150-200 crossbows, I mean the alpha carno.

Regards,

Ariana

Use an Ichthyornis as others have pointed out and harvest the fish it comes back with, with a high melee Baryonyx.  Can get a reliable source of prime fish even from Coels (ie, 1-2 prime per small Coel, up to 10 from a large Coel).  I imagine it would do even better from Salmon but I was located by the ocean with lots of Coels so never bothered trying.

Use a dolphin and 200 speed on it. Scout and locate locations of leedsfish. I believe the alpha leeds has a significantly higher chance of giving raw prime fish than normal leeds. Make sure that little eating machine icthy has a belly of raw fish, because he will eat your prime otherwise. Spoils slower in icthy. Icthy is fast enough to get in, hop off, scrape, remount and run before the mantas sure to be nearby notice you.

Be aware that running full speed into the front of the leeds (who is harmless unless attacked) may cause your icthy to get stuck in his head. 

Its a bad idea to start frantically attacking at that point. 

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:08 PM, ducttapefixeseverything said:

Use a dolphin and 200 speed on it. Scout and locate locations of leedsfish. I believe the alpha leeds has a significantly higher chance of giving raw prime fish than normal leeds. Make sure that little eating machine icthy has a belly of raw fish, because he will eat your prime otherwise. Spoils slower in icthy. Icthy is fast enough to get in, hop off, scrape, remount and run before the mantas sure to be nearby notice you.

Be aware that running full speed into the front of the leeds (who is harmless unless attacked) may cause your icthy to get stuck in his head. 

Its a bad idea to start frantically attacking at that point. 

No attacking needed.  Go up to a leeds and hit the "use" button (y on xbox) and it just gives you a ton of raw fish prime.

Archived