Who's in the wrong?

ImmortalZeal

On 10/11/2017 at 12:59 AM, ImmortalZeal said:

I'm just curious about the guidelines if I am crossing any? Since it is technically in my base. Well, trap. 

Guideline: - PVE specific: Blocking other tribes from building at their own base, blocking in other tribes dinos, blocking access in/out of a tribes base, obstructing pathways or waterways for the purpose of denying another tribe access, may be a cause for action by a GM. A GM may ask you to move or relocate if your structure is negatively impacting a server (ie. you block off a large portion of the map so that other members of that server cannot access it).

Source: 

Technically you are caging other's Dino. In case of wild dino, no one is owner but its tamed. 

Its a horrible situation to be in. You dont want to lose face, you dont want to make an enemy and you dont want to lose a tame which by rights is yours (thats of course if you hit it first which might be difficult for you or them to prove).

My advice here is to try and find a reasonable person in their alliance... this could possibly work in your favour as you might be able to get something out of it.

Ive had this happen once before, a long time ago on a Rex. I wasn't aware there was someone one the cliff above was also taking aim. Neither of us really knows who hit it first but I stopped halfway through and sent a message saying they could take the tame. It would have been my first Rex tame and I was really looking forward to the attempt. 

About an hr later, they came back to the base and offered me some fert eggs or varying dino's including a Rex.

The moral of the story here is that if you can reconcile differences - you may make a good trading partner, or even someone who could help in the future. Im not saying give up the Giga, but it might be worth the extra effort in trying to communicate. Worst case scenario is that you let it out, make it clear in Gloabl chat that you are doing the right thing and your reputation wont get damaged.

For future trades, reputation can be everything - especially if people have an opinion of you on the server. 

Good luck, let us know the outcome.

Archived