Who's in the wrong?

ImmortalZeal

So I kitedand trapped a giga, started tranqing it and it got knocked. Only I can't tame it because 3 other guys were also shooting it. 

Apparently they've ticked it because I won't remove the gates. They even asked my why I'm trapping "their" tame when I added pillars. In my trap.

As far as I'm comcerned  it should be mine since I kited and trapped it, No? 

/sigh... shouldve stuck to pvp.

You trapped it. It's yours as far as I'm concerned. Unless they were kiting it into their trap. In which case it's a dodo move on your part. If they decided to shoot while it was in your structure, unfortunately for them they'll have to rely on you to set it free. Unless they got a q to lift it up and out. Good luck hopefully they'll forget to refresh it and you can claim it or you can work something out with them. 

No one was shooting it, completely no aggro at all. They must've started soon as I trapped it. I have placed pillars with ceilings on to prevent air lifting out, I'm just curious about the guidelines if I am crossing any? Since it is technically in my base. Well, trap. 

The time it took to place the last gateway when the bear trap triggered to getting to a safe distance to tranq is when they started firing.  

15 minutes ago, ImmortalZeal said:

No one was shooting it, completely no aggro at all. They must've started soon as I trapped it. I have placed pillars with ceilings on to prevent air lifting out, I'm just curious about the guidelines if I am crossing any? Since it is technically in my base. Well, trap. 

The time it took to place the last gateway when the bear trap triggered to getting to a safe distance to tranq is when they started firing.  

No guidelines crossed.  You're good here.  Chalk this up to PvE, PvP.  About as close to PvP as you can come.  Keep it trapped there in perpetuity until they pay you or it unclaims.  On PvE you need to play far more ruthlessly than you do on PvP.  Also, never do anything to another tribe on PvE that can easily be done to you... ie., don't foundation someone in their base if your base can easily be foundationed.  PvE warfare escalates quickly and almost never ends in a tribe declaring actual war.

Common courtesy plays a huge part here, and after it was previously trapped by you, it is just simply a rude/inconsiderate/dbag thing to do to tame it for themselves. If they don't have the courtesy to find another and give you the giga you trapped and worked hard for, then you don't have to show them the courtesy of ever actually using it. :) Tell them congratulations, they just tamed a big display dino for all to see. They must be so proud. ^_^ 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Inigo said:

I'm forrealski's here bro, just kill it, and put a fridge in the pen right? And call their underhanded asses out in global, and tell them if they want their giga, they can find it in the fridge in YOUR taming pen.

IIRC if someone else knocks out a dino you can no longer damage it to kill it. Wild dinos however still can.

As for the OP, if I'm reading your story right, you are not in the wrong for kiting and penning it down. They are for taking advantage of your work. The only reason I can see for you being the one in the wrong is if they ever announced it in global chat ahead of time that they were taming this giga.

Sounds like pretty standard PVE passive aggressive behavior for official servers,  your story sounds like just dealing with some of the many d-bags common on official PVE.  I wouldn't consider you in the wrong even if they called it out beforehand, first come first serve in my book and if they didnt say anything until you had it in your trap they bad play on their part imho.

Happend to me in a similar situation we were preparing to tame a giga and guys come in trying to tranq it en they didnt wat to leave,
So our solution was kiting dinos their side till the would leave and at the same time trapping the Giga and making sure the giga was ours and tamed it. we were even prepaired to kill it if it came to it.

The moral of the story is that there are ways to deal with it on pve dont complain about it and say should have stayed pvp like a baby.

I recall reading a similar story where Wildcard actually punished the victim because they were technically holding another tribe's tame hostage. Even though they kited the animal to their trap in order to tame it, started to knock it out, and the other tribe stole it by getting the final hit.

You're not in the wrong but I'd say prepare to be punished anyway. Who knows? Maybe the GM who responds will do something decent. I've got my fingers crossed.

If they really did send in a ticket then you should send one in too. It'll hopefully help your case.

Hello,

Read what ciabattaroll above say. So once you made it sleep its yours. If people come just ignore them it is still yours on the second sleep. This only applies to PvE. That is the new PvE. Note that on the first sleep, last arrow that make it sleep is the tribe winner/owner. But remember to protect it from the wild environment.

Good Luck with taming on PvE.

Regards,

Ariana

Once you notice someone is shooting the giga you trapped, that is the time to act in pve.  Ask them (in global) to stop shooting the giga you trapped.  If they don't respond, wait until they are in a juicy position, stow your gear somewhere safe, then let the giga out of the trap. :)

PS:  I don't know the details of the story, but if it matches with your description of events then personally I hope their giga stays trapped until it dies.

On 10/11/2017 at 12:43 AM, ImmortalZeal said:

So I kitedand trapped a giga, started tranqing it and it got knocked. Only I can't tame it because 3 other guys were also shooting it. 

Apparently they've ticked it because I won't remove the gates. They even asked my why I'm trapping "their" tame when I added pillars. In my trap.

As far as I'm comcerned  it should be mine since I kited and trapped it, No? 

/sigh... shouldve stuck to pvp.

No matter what u did and what they did [No guideline regarding who kitting and who tranqing last], The giga belong to other tribe so according to rules, u are making someone else tame a hostage that is against rule. Trust me if GM come to ur server then u might be in trouble. Before its too late trade something good for that giga. 

21 hours ago, Vrallox said:

Wildcard actually punished the victim because they were technically holding another tribe's tame hostage

This is a likely possibility. I feel they are in the wrong, but you would be in the wrong if you added structures to trap in their giga.

This reminds me of two pve stories.

First, this one I heard from someone else, so it's heresay: someone parked a bronto with structures against my friends base, preventing my friend from expanding, or moving dinos out of my friend's dinos gates. My friend had boxed in the bronto, and left a note asking the bronto owner to apologize, promising that after getting an apology, my friend would remove the walls. Without word from the bronto owner, my friend got a warning from wildcard for trapping in the bronto (Wildcard had also removed the walls, but did not move the bronto).

Second, this one I directly experienced: someone had tamed a giga that had gotten itself trapped in my tribe's base. They didn't understand English, so we had a communications barrier. I had the choice to trap the giga, or demolish metal structures in order to let the giga be removed. Most people who talked with me about it were leaning towards trapping the giga. I decided to do the nice thing and demo some metal walls, with little hope in getting my structures replaced. I was not happy. I demoed some, and didn't know if they could remove the giga or not. Next day I went over to the base, I saw that the giga had moved towards the hole, and I removed some more metal walls/ceilings. One day I saw the giga owner was online, made the hole in my base even bigger, and asked my tribemate if he knew how to tell him that they could remove their giga now (the giga was in the way of me doing stuff in the base). My tribemate used some translator where all I saw were [] [] [] in the chat. The giga owner promptly came over, and removed his giga, and he typed 'sory' in the chat.

I felt good after that, realizing I made the right choice, regardless of popular opinion that I should have left it trapped.

OP, I feel that they are wrong by tagging the giga you were seeking to tame. Here's my advice: Some of the best forms of revenge is to be nice to be bad guy. Who knows, they might be nice to you in the future.

A similar thing happened to me. Someone spotted a giga and I announced that I would tame it and started preparing. I was pretty unprepared so it took me about 30 minutes. It had actually torn into someone's base and was no just sitting there in their walls, stuck. I started tranqing it and about 200 arrows in, the tribe who's base had just been eaten started tranqing too and demand I stopped. At this point, if I stopped, I would not have the needed tranqs to ko the giga. I didn't know these people but they weren't very developed so I doubted they had the capacity to tame the giga. Eventually, it got knocked out in their name. I cursed my luck and went home. I later heard that they didn't tame it - not only that, it woke up. And ate the rest of their base. So they stole my tame and gigad themselves with it. It was only a level 95 so... The entertainment was worth it.

Archived