Need more information on PvE decay timers.

Herbapou

Need more information on PvE decay timers. Cant find any website with the info.

This is what I found regarding buildings:

Thatch buildings - 3 days
Wood building - 7 days
Stone buildings - 14 days
Metal buildings - 21 days

What about containers?   I know a wooden store boxes is 15 days, I see them on the server.

What about fridges and generators, assuming they are on metal foundations?

What about dinos?  How long can they last once the Trough is empty? If they become claimable but the building is lock down, will they still be there after expiration of they despawn?

I think we should have an Trough between the normal one on 4x and the Tek one on 100x.  How about putting Sparkpowder in a normal one and it becomes 10x??

Actually the decay timers are...

Thatch buildings - 4 days
Wood building - 8 days
Stone buildings - 12 days
Metal buildings - 16 days

It will display something like 3:23:59:59 when it starts counting down.

As for the fridges and other containers, they have the same decay as metal. 16 days.

A dino will last as long as its food/HP lasts. Since each one no matter what food they have will last the same as the other. Say you have two trikes. One has 100 food. other has 1000. They will both starve at the same rate. This was changed recently, like back in may or june. And if they are not rendered when the timer is up, they will despawn.

As for the trough, I agree. There should be a non tek but more advanced trough.

4 hours ago, Jamagh said:

Actually the decay timers are...

Thatch buildings - 4 days
Wood building - 8 days
Stone buildings - 12 days
Metal buildings - 16 days

It will display something like 3:23:59:59 when it starts counting down.

As for the fridges and other containers, they have the same decay as metal. 16 days.

A dino will last as long as its food/HP lasts. Since each one no matter what food they have will last the same as the other. Say you have two trikes. One has 100 food. other has 1000. They will both starve at the same rate. This was changed recently, like back in may or june. And if they are not rendered when the timer is up, they will despawn.

As for the trough, I agree. There should be a non tek but more advanced trough.

Thanks for the info, that helps.

So tamed will despawn after there food is at zero right? Wont it take a long time  after they have no food, I have noticed there food goes down pretty slowly when they are idle?

15 minutes ago, Herbapou said:

Thanks for the info, that helps.

So tamed will despawn after there food is at zero right? Wont it take a long time  after they have no food, I have noticed there food goes down pretty slowly when they are idle?

No, Tamed animals despawn after 8 days. Rock golems also despawn if they are not in render distance of anyone when they tame, though I am quite sure this is a bug for them. Animals starve when their food hits 0 and the lose all their health. So it is possible for an animal to starve to death before it despawns. There is a different message in the tribe log if it auto decays or if it starves.

Can anyone confirm how long tek lasts... I swear it is like 42 days or something crazy.

2 hours ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

No, Tamed animals despawn after 8 days. Rock golems also despawn if they are not in render distance of anyone when they tame, though I am quite sure this is a bug for them. Animals starve when their food hits 0 and the lose all their health. So it is possible for an animal to starve to death before it despawns. There is a different message in the tribe log if it auto decays or if it starves.

Can anyone confirm how long tek lasts... I swear it is like 42 days or something crazy.

I think it is something like 20 days. Not sure never paid much attention to the tek stuff as not many people had them on PVE 374. I do know it is like 42 days for a stone fireplace which is odd.

gens and fridges are the same as metal unless they are on top of wood or stone, if you break the floor it breaks as well. a vault however is like 20 something days or something, when stone can break its at about 15 days however if you break the foundation under it the timer restarts as it doesnt break but instead falls to the ground.

6 hours ago, edskelly said:

Yer this is nowhere near true.

Don't try and tell me a giga takes as long to starve as everything else

You're right, gigas, quetz and daedons are an exception anyway.

We had several low lvl gigas and a quetz starve when we didn't know they needed food more often than other animals.

Now we check on those three to see when we need to feed the base. As long as they are fine nothing else will starve.

Archived