Community Crunch Contests: ARKitect, ARKVideo & NVIDIA ANSEL,

Jen

Hello, Survivors!

Each week we run community contests for all players (all platforms included where possible) where you can win lots of cash prizes! Below is the different type of contests that take place. Try your hand and share some of your creations with us today!type of contests that take place. Try your hand and share some of your creations with us today!

ARK NVIDIA Ansel Photography Contest!

This weekly screenshot competition asks players to take in-game photographs from either ARK: Survival Evolved or our new desert themed expansion pack ARK: Scorched Earth using NVIDIA Ansel, and meet the category requirements listed below.

Winners will be announced during ARK’s regular “Community Crunch” blog post. Each winner (3) will receive $100 each and each runner up will receive $50. Want to enter? ARK-Ansel screenshot entries should be e-mailed to anselcontest@studiowildcard.com

If you need a place to upload a file for the contest, make use of Wetransfer which will allow up to 2gb for free!

Please note: Ansel submissions are limited to a total of 15 per person!

Three Categories

• Super Resolution: These should be taken at 8x Super Resolution. Players can optionally use Depth of Field effects accessible in Spectator mode by pressing the [Delete] key.
  • Panoramic 360 Stereoscopic 3D: These should be taken at 4x Super Resolution,  in 360 Stereoscopic 3D mode. We will crop them to 2D for web display, while also providing the 3D version for viewing within VR display. Check out your 360 Stereo results on your HMD or on your Android Phone with NVIDIA VR Viewer 
  • Freeform: Any settings, whacky and creative use of Ansel filters are encouraged. Adding humorous titles/captions in Photoshop is also acceptable for this category!

When entering the contest please name your entries and make sure that they include:

• Name
  • Image Title
  • Category

An example would be:

Wildcard Jat - Evolution Event - Super Resolution

Ansel is a revolutionary new way to capture in-game shots.  Compose a shot from any position, adjust with post-process filters, capture HDR images in high-fidelity formats, and share the screenshots in 360 via a smartphone, PC or VR headset. Learn more about these features in the Ansel Technology page and the NVIDIA blog.

How to run NVIDIA Ansel

First of all, you'll want to make sure you're running the latest Nvidia Geforce Drivers - so head over to http://www.geforce.com/ and get downloading!

Once setup and ready to go, right click ARK: Survival Evolved in your steam library and you'll see the option to Launch ARK with NVIDIA Ansel

8C629BA8DBBC054368ECA4F20133A2EDA5A7A60B

Select this and head into a single player game, regardless of the map or the mod. Once you're in game, you can immediately press ALT + F2 to get into Ansel Photography mode and start taking snaps.

D024619D0568993D07B51F5E7D4120263CB0AB0B

or you can type in the following command in the console:

cheat enablespectator

Once that is enabled, hit your DELETE key and it'll open the Depth of Field Options menu where you can play around with the games DOF.

26D4DE2C7AEADC7E3857AC8213C10D9E97EA1C0F

Then hit ALT+F2 and take some awesome Ansel photography!

Here's a little tip from Jesse:

You can also type "enablespectator true" in the console to fly around before you take your shot, and hit the "Home" key to level your camera if you want to keep people from feeling sick on a 360 stereo VR screenshot. 

ARKitect!

This is an award ($200 prize for first and $100 for any runners up) given to Survivors to celebrate the amazing structures you build. These bases are judge based upon a number of different factors such as their creativity, uniqueness, how fun of a base it is, the difficulty of building it, the functionality it provides and much more! At the end of each week, the winners and runner-ups will be featured in our #ARKitect section of the Community Crunch and will be awarded cash prizes! 

Note: We've had a lot of requests regarding the use of mods - go for it! We'd love to see how mods have influenced your bases

Please note: Video submissions are preferred to be 5 minutes in length, if they exceed this, please provide a relevant timestamp in the video. Note that any entries which are longer, may not be entirely watched and we, therefore, recommend you fit into our recommendation, or provide photos as an alternative!

ARKVideo!

This contest is open to all types of video be they funny, epic, scenic, stories, whatever inspires you. Winning this content will net you a $200 prize for first and $100 for any runners up. Just a general reminder that they should remain safe for work, think of the children! Send us in your videos and we cannot wait to watch them! We're really interested in seeing the latest video creations you guys have put together - so show us something fresh!

Please note: Video submissions are preferred to be 15 minutes in length, if they exceed this, please provide a relevant timestamp in the video. Note that any entries which are longer, may not be entirely watched and we, therefore, recommend you fit our recommendation!

Uploading the images

Please upload the images to the gallery section of our New Community Hub - you can create your own album and directly link us to that or attach it to your post! Please remember to post your entry to this thread specifically! If you're not able to upload directly to the gallery, don't sweat as imgur will work fine too!

http://survivetheark.com/index.php?/gallery/

Looking forward to seeing the entries!

Posting my cliff-side goods store. This is a building video in two parts, so if you want to see me walking around the end result, check out the end of the second vid!

A few things about this: The outside walkway uses the upside-down ceiling trick, the interior second floor features vaulted ceilings with proper beam support, and the angled roof is offset half a foundation, which results in having some properly proportional eaves! It may or may not have been done before, but I was really proud of myself for figuring that one out on my own.

(Feature request: Please add pyramidal roof building pieces! :P)

Arkitect  Build                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                TimmyCarbine came over to tour my newest build Dragon port  This build took 200hrs to build, I used S+ and  Eco shop deco mod with a few parts form here RP and Garden mods working together to make this port town mini mall build. 

18 hours ago, kyleebrown said:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/171958783

this is my submission for Arkitech... I’m not sure how to put this on YouTube and idk if it’s bad to use twitch

Very nice build kylee!  I'm not sure if using Twitch will be an issue, but if you want to put this on YouTube just go to YouTube.com and create an account (if you haven't already).  Once you do that and sign in, if memory serves go into settings (a gear icon I believe) and you should find the option to set up a new channel.  It's a fairly simple and straightforward process, especially if you just need it to upload video's occasionally to link to as in this contest.

If in doubt just google "How to set up a YouTube account" or "How to set up a YouTube channel" and it should walk you through it... you shouldn't have any trouble though.

Again, that's a very nice build with excellent attention to detail.  Well done!

Hello all! I want to start by saying all the builds I see on here are amazing! The mods that PC has are next level. With that being said have you guys ever thought about having a building category for console only submissions? Us on console can’t compete with that great mods that PC has. This in no way is taking away anything from the PC builds. And yes I build on console and enter every week and I’m not bitter about lossing because all the builds are amazing that won.Thos is just something my self and a few other console builders have thought about. This isn’t just for me it’s for all console players. I know you have had a few  console winners in the past, but the reality of it is like racing a dodo against a Thylo. Lol

Thanks again,

TLC138 

45 minutes ago, Travis138 said:

Hello all! I want to start by saying all the builds I see on here are amazing! The mods that PC has are next level. With that being said have you guys ever thought about having a building category for console only submissions? Us on console can’t compete with that great mods that PC has. This in no way is taking away anything from the PC builds. And yes I build on console and enter every week and I’m not bitter about lossing because all the builds are amazing that won.Thos is just something my self and a few other console builders have thought about. This isn’t just for me it’s for all console players. I know you have had a few  console winners in the past, but the reality of it is like racing a dodo against a Thylo. Lol

Thanks again,

TLC138 

I agree with Travis, I personally have friends who either used to enter & have given up on CC or who make builds worthy of entering but never enter. When asked the universal response is "It's an unfair competition because we can't use mods".

I think the pc builds that get entered are amazing & deserve to win but console vs pc in the Arkitect is in no way an equal playing field.
On console the only mod we have access to is prim+ whilst the pc players have a large & ever growing library of mods. We are also more limited by frame rates than on pc, if I was to build as big as I often want to then the frame rate would be shockingly low & I'm sure wildcard don't want people seeing their game run with poor framerates.

Wildcard, you have made a separate category already for pc players to use the photo mode so a platform specific category is not a new idea. The people who still play Minecraft years after release are the builders & I believe the builders will be the ones who keep Ark alive over the coming years.

Having one group competing against another that cannot use mods is like allowing one country use steroids for the Olympics whilst all other countries must compete with no steroids & one arm tied behind their backs.

Thanks for reading

Missy

p.s. The new tek lights are really cool, I can't wait to use them on my future entries

Week 2 of Halloween, this time it's a Witches theme!

I decided to work with Swamps since we never see builds there.

I created a design and look that is very intended to work with the environment to create its atmosphere, and I think it captures it well. The build compliments the environment, and environment compliments the build. Works great as a swamp village concept, putting Halloween aside even.

The rugged walkways take a bunch of shifting and placements to get the reasonably intended effect. It is trial and error, and not OCDing for symmetry.

ARKitect Submission:

Images

On 10/10/2017 at 12:07 AM, Travis138 said:

Here is my entry for Arkitect this week. My  full Tek Evil Lair at the Ragnarok Volcano. No Mods!  Done  on Xbox One. I have entered this before , but I have made a few changes. Thanks for checking it out. -T

https://imgur.com/gallery/56T12

Man that looks epic freaking epic! Pve build?

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived