Rain Visibility

Coxet79

15 hours ago, LittleRedReaper said:

Yeah the visibility through the rain is horrible. You can't turn it down on xbox, I don't know if you can for ps4 or PC, but between the reflections, the rain, and the fog, your eyes take a beating.

Oh that glare.  I've seen so many complaints on how every time we even glance at the water or pull out our map it is like somebody settings a flashbang off in front of our faces.  Yet it still remains.  I would guess the visibility issues will remain for eternity as WildCard apparently has stock in some form of optometry somewhere.....

This does need serious attention, on PS4 and it seems Xbox as well the rain just stops you doing anything really. It is just white streaks down your screen and removes around 75% of your visibility, it is horrendous. The fog of the island I can deal with as it is part of the map, much like sandstorms on Scorched Earth but the rain at the minute does just make playing the game horrible for the 5-10 minutes it lasts.

It's absolutely ridiculous on the Island.  It rains at least once every 20-30 minutes, sometimes once every in-game day.  It's incredibly frustrating to only get like 20 minutes every 30 minutes where you can actually see and get things done.  Flew straight into a pitch black base last night when flying back from the snow during rain and fog.  The base normally has a bunch of lights on it.  Pitch black below me and above me and bam, auto turrets.

I'm all for weather effects like on scorch... but maybe make them a bit more infrequent?  Perhaps having different strengths of rain, with blinding rain being 1 of maybe 3 or 4 outcomes?  Drizzle etc...

Fog under the water is still a kick in the pants.  It's not total white-out conditions like it used to be, but I can't for the life of me understand why it gets foggy under water.

22 minutes ago, Sphere said:

Think the intent is to hurt visibility, to decrease survivability.

We understand the intent is to make the game slightly harder which I completely understand; however it can sometimes render the game unplayable because you cannot see a thing at all and can keep you base bound doing nothing for the entirety. I think all everyone wants is for it to be reworked so it looks more like rain instead of an old tv with no signal.

22 minutes ago, Dylan1602 said:

We understand the intent is to make the game slightly harder which I completely understand; however it can sometimes render the game unplayable because you cannot see a thing at all and can keep you base bound doing nothing for the entirety. I think all everyone wants is for it to be reworked so it looks more like rain instead of an old tv with no signal.

What are your tv and gameplay settings on, as far as display? As far as I can see, it just means you gotta take things slower,  maybe use night vision goggles if it's raining at night,  the rain before had no downside.

3 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

What are your tv and gameplay settings on, as far as display? As far as I can see, it just means you gotta take things slower,  maybe use night vision goggles if it's raining at night,  the rain before had no downside.

My tv settings are fine, the rain used to be completely fine before, I didn't have any issues with rain before but it seems in the past month or two something has changed with it and made it unbearable. Night is easy, gamma up at night which renders night vision goggles pretty much useless. I agree before the rain was not an issue before and I don't know what has happened to make it as it is now because it is such a huge difference from what it was. It is a very strange one to pinpoint and explain without side by side comparisons. 

12 minutes ago, Dylan1602 said:

My tv settings are fine, the rain used to be completely fine before, I didn't have any issues with rain before but it seems in the past month or two something has changed with it and made it unbearable. Night is easy, gamma up at night which renders night vision goggles pretty much useless. I agree before the rain was not an issue before and I don't know what has happened to make it as it is now because it is such a huge difference from what it was. It is a very strange one to pinpoint and explain without side by side comparisons. 

I know what you are talking about, rain before was no issue,  it actually hinders your vision now, especially at night,  not sure how that's "bad" seeing as it's an obstacle to overcome/deal with..

3 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

I know what you are talking about, rain before was no issue,  it actually hinders your vision now, especially at night,  not sure how that's "bad" seeing as it's an obstacle to overcome/deal with..

Good good we are both on the same page then. I think the obstacle aspect of it is a great thing, much like the fog i do think it is a great thing. But the rain I think just needs toning down a little bit because I think it is a bit excessive at the minute and hinders your vision just a little bit too much.

19 minutes ago, Dylan1602 said:

Good good we are both on the same page then. I think the obstacle aspect of it is a great thing, much like the fog i do think it is a great thing. But the rain I think just needs toning down a little bit because I think it is a bit excessive at the minute and hinders your vision just a little bit too much.

gotcha.. so a little less but not as "clear" as before? Maybe even mix light and heavy rain cycles?

4 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

gotcha.. so a little less but not as "clear" as before? Maybe even mix light and heavy rain cycles?

Yeah so not as it was before because that may as well have not been there at all. But definitely tone it down a bit and mixing up the strength of the rain would be cool I guess? Just like this guy said.

15 hours ago, Brayn said:

I'm all for weather effects like on scorch... but maybe make them a bit more infrequent?  Perhaps having different strengths of rain, with blinding rain being 1 of maybe 3 or 4 outcomes?  Drizzle etc...

I made a topic about this not long ago... guess it got ignored a bit too much, and here I see people talking :D But yeah... the rain effect needs an adjustment. I think it's worse on The Island due to all the forest/trees. But needs an adjustment anyway on all the maps. Even the sun on SE needs to be dimmed down.. sometimes I'm totally blind in the dessert area. 

On 09/10/2017 at 8:42 PM, Coxet79 said:

Just as a general question. Is there any way to turn down the intensity of the rain on PS4? Typically, when the rain starts now, I have almost zero visibility. Which can be a bit frustrating while flying out and about.

LOL..  no chance..  it's random in bases, it's random outside, especially if on the center.

Archived