Tamed dino cap per server

shadowkyuubi

Taming limits really did not fix anything. Everyone just made allied tribes and transfered all their dinos over there. 

Why do we need a dinosaur cap on Official servers? Yes there is lag, but it ruins the game to have to only have a set number of dinos. 

Having a global cap would make it so noobs could not even tame a trike or dodo. 

As far as Ragnarok, I think the tame cap should be a bit higher considering there are 100 people per server. All other maps should be left alone if not raised too because if tame cap was based on map size, Scorched Earth would have the smallest tame cap. I am a Scorched Earth player and I would not appreciate tame cap being reduced.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Bobo1234 said:

Why do we need a dinosaur cap on Official servers? Yes there is lag, but it ruins the game to have to only have a set number of dinos. 

You answered your own question. If a cap on dinosaurs were to be removed then not only would the game be laggy, but a big enough population could cause severely debilitating problems for the server. We're talking "can't log into the base because the game crashes trying to load in all your dinos at once" problems.

20 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

You answered your own question. If a cap on dinosaurs were to be removed then not only would the game be laggy, but a big enough population could cause severely debilitating problems for the server. We're talking "can't log into the base because the game crashes trying to load in all your dinos at once" problems.

There is no dino cap or regular PvP servers though. Well for rafts and platforms there is, but not for regular dinos. 

2 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

This, so many times this. People, tame cap isn't the issue, if anything, ask for more legacy clusters to be repurposed into official clusters to spread the populace. It would have been better for it to be the case at the official release, but that's all that can be done now

42 minutes ago, Coded said:

This, so many times this. People, tame cap isn't the issue, if anything, ask for more legacy clusters to be repurposed into official clusters to spread the populace. It would have been better for it to be the case at the official release, but that's all that can be done now

Check out this post and put a bit of heat on them to make active legacy pve server saves available.

From what I gather people playing on legacy fit a few different categories for the most part.

1.people who are either oblivious to the situation or are happy to continue playing till delete.

2.people who are just logging on to keep dinos alive and reset timers while playing on new servers so when the saves are available they can get it and make it their single player to use at their leisure.

3.people who plan on taking the save to unofficial with their tribe or in some cases with a few tribes to continue on there.

Personally myself and my tribe mates just want to take the save to unofficial asap.That way we can be our own support since WC refuse to do so.

1 minute ago, edskelly said:

Check out this post and put a bit of heat on them to make active legacy pve server saves available.

From what I gather people playing on legacy fit a few different categories for the most part.

1.people who are either oblivious to the situation or are happy to continue playing till delete.

2.people who are just logging on to keep dinos alive and reset timers while playing on new servers so when the saves are available they can get it and make it their single player to use at their leisure.

3.people who plan on taking the save to unofficial with their tribe or in some cases with a few tribes to continue on there.

Personally myself and my tribe mates just want to take the save to unofficial asap.That way we can be our own support since WC refuse to do so.

Honestly that should have been handled by now, I had no idea that there were plans to make the saves avaiable, after all that would seem unfair for the servers that got repurposed on official release. 

It all comes down to something they should have done before release honestly, right now people have settled on servers that are overpopulated in official, to the point a fair amount have already capped, adding more clusters on release would have been ideal, but right now the best we can wish for is that they actually make the saves avaiable and they repurpose those servers to official clusters.

P.S: Inb4 they do it just to add more future to be aberration clusters..

1 minute ago, Coded said:

Honestly that should have been handled by now, I had no idea that there were plans to make the saves avaiable, after all that would seem unfair for the servers that got repurposed on official release. 

It all comes down to something they should have done before release honestly, right now people have settled on servers that are overpopulated in official, to the point a fair amount have already capped, adding more clusters on release would have been ideal, but right now the best we can wish for is that they actually make the saves avaiable and they repurpose those servers to official clusters.

The saves for servers that were repurposed have been made available already(pc atleast) I don't know about consoles.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Coded said:

There wasn't any plans. Jat stated he'll see about bringing it up to the rest of the team, nothing about that was concrete or set in stone.

On 9/26/2017 at 5:12 PM, Jatheish said:

I certainly understand where you're coming from and the team were pretty firm on our original stance, I will bring it up and see what they reckon, in the case of PvE servers.

My question is how you get the tame cap to go down by getting rid of platform saddles (if it was introduced onto PVE.) I've removed all the platforms that I don't need and my tame limit never went down.

We (my 1 tribe mate and myself) have 3 tribes at tame cap at the moment on Legacy. We're just playing until we can have a go at Ascension basically, don't want to wait a year to try on Legacy. 

17 minutes ago, phantom55 said:

so if servers dino cap 5500 and we know tribe tame limit 500 then servers actually support only 11 players right?not 70.

Yea seems they made a big error in relation tribe limit and server limit. For sure not every player tames 500 but I know many tribes doing that. Absolutely no justice in letting one tribe have 10 percent.

Archived