1 base or many?

Spike4852

Me and a few friends have been playing on the new servers since release. We have started to build a new base that requires a lot of time and materials. I was wondering if it is more effective to build 1 big base with most of your loot and a lot of defenses or should we build multiple smaller bases with loot scattered around the map and less defenses. keep in mind we only have about 2 or three people on at a time.

The answer is: It depends. 

Are you playing regular official, a crossark or what? Does the server have Offline Raid Protection? 

Since you are a smaller tribe, then your best bet would to build several smaller bases and hide, unless you are friends with the alpha of the server and they are fine with you building. Then you can build a larger main base and fortify that. 

First, depends on if you are on PvE or PvP.

If its just you and your friends, maybe just 1 big base with some small utility bases laying around the map, like a small house with a forge and some storage near metal spawns. On Scorched Earth some players like to have a base by the scar to raise their wyverns near where the milk is harvested.

If you plan on recruiting other players into your tribe you can always have them build somewhere else. Although some players like having a tribe, some players still like to have their own space so the dinosaurs they tamed and resources they spent time getting for their own purposes don't get mixed up with everything else.

Hope this helps :)

Purlovia!  Small bases, or a single large  base, with Purlovia scattered around.  Anything important goes in the Purlovia.  If you can get a vault, then most of your material and equipment can be stored there, but again, all your important things go in the Purlovia.  Vaults can be destroyed if someone decides they want in.  The Pulovia is going to take some luck to find and kill. 

• Volunteer Moderator
19 minutes ago, Darge said:

somewhat related... I have moved to a new base (pve).... is it bad form to sell the land my old base is on before I demolish it ?...

In my opinion, it depends on the amount of time that passes between the sale and the demolition. At face value selling the property before demolishing the structures is the more prudent move, as it prevents any unknowing prospector from building on the land without knowing that you once lived there. However, if it takes you a lengthy amount of time to get rid of your structures there then that's just poor service to the person you sold the land to.

Archived