Mega alpha alliance caging noobs?

Baba

On 2017-10-09 at 8:09 AM, Baba said:

And please don't be saying go to pve because I wanna pvp it's the fact that there ruining the game 

PvP in an open world game is all about grief, if they can do it, its fair in there term...  If you want to pvp you need to find a way around it.

The handcuff  and cages where put there by the devs...

Tribe alliance is something that can happen.  I dont understand how ppl can complain about rules and fairness in a system that by definition doesn't have any.

On 2017-10-09 at 11:27 AM, Groid11 said:

While the caging issue is a new on one me, the bored Alpha trolling isn't. I have been to more than 20 official servers and it's the same thing. Once I get up to decent tech, the alpha, or one of their allies, rush in to wipe. It is just as you said. They don't want to attack each other bc they don't want to lose anything. The top dog usually has a few sycophantic tribes that pay some tribute in the form of mats/ass kissing in order to not get wiped. You can spot who these are by the use of the ^ at everything the alpha tribe says haha. There's basically nothing you can do. They have all the tech, all the resources, and all the support that you as a new arrival do not have. Then they hit you with their Wyvern's, Gigas, Griffins and the like, while your primitive spike falls from your lifeless body (if you're lucky they don't keep you hostage unconscious). Then they tell you it's "pvp" and go join a "pve" server.

It's really moronic. They are only hurting themselves and the community. Any fresh competition is immediately stamped out before it can compete. They are bored as hell, but don't allow anyone to challenge them (which would relieve the boredom). They pretty much run anyone not on their friend list out of the server. I really thought WC wanted to promote competition, but what this game really promotes is megalomania. There is no way to compete with an entrenched alpha, unless you are an alpha. But these tribes do not let anyone in, and there are no fresh servers that offer you even the most remote chance of getting your tribe there.

There really is no answer on official servers. I am currently looking for an unofficial server that isn't so boosted that everything is easy, but I don't think those exist.

I was under the impression that a server transfert was there to counter this. Cant a big tribe from another server transfert to a server like that with dinos and attack them?

I commend you for seeking to fight in order to adress your situation, but your claim that they are ruining the game as if the whole thing is jeopardised (uhm pve anyone?) and that you won't do pve showing that you too seek to fight other players just confuses me with what you want. So what, want a GM to magic all the alpha tribes away and spawn you everything you need to be the new top dog? 

I have a solution for you though. If you want a leveled playing field everytime to pvp, why dont you play Survival of the Fittest then?

Archived