Mega alpha alliance caging noobs?

Baba

Ok do you think alphas caging noobs is to far to me it's wrong and messed up and i don't like to see players feeling like they have some no life's permission to build a base... The server I am in the alphas are in a mega alliance pretty much there all to scared to attack each other so they alliance,but is there anyway to handle this like how could I myself destroy them need some tips and also what can I do about them caging players it's messed up... thank u

56 minutes ago, Baba said:

I just need some tips on how to handle this

I would switch servers, without going to pve this is your best option. Unless you join a bigger tribe you will probably be harrased by this tribe constantly. If for some reason you want to stay on this server I would recommend talking to those doing the caging. Don't rage about it if they lock you, maybe even play along and make jokes. If you act likable and good sport they might let you go because they like you. If you complain and call them names it will only egg them on to harrass you more. Try to build some sort of rapport with them so they know who you are and that you are a cool dude.

While the caging issue is a new on one me, the bored Alpha trolling isn't. I have been to more than 20 official servers and it's the same thing. Once I get up to decent tech, the alpha, or one of their allies, rush in to wipe. It is just as you said. They don't want to attack each other bc they don't want to lose anything. The top dog usually has a few sycophantic tribes that pay some tribute in the form of mats/ass kissing in order to not get wiped. You can spot who these are by the use of the ^ at everything the alpha tribe says haha. There's basically nothing you can do. They have all the tech, all the resources, and all the support that you as a new arrival do not have. Then they hit you with their Wyvern's, Gigas, Griffins and the like, while your primitive spike falls from your lifeless body (if you're lucky they don't keep you hostage unconscious). Then they tell you it's "pvp" and go join a "pve" server.

It's really moronic. They are only hurting themselves and the community. Any fresh competition is immediately stamped out before it can compete. They are bored as hell, but don't allow anyone to challenge them (which would relieve the boredom). They pretty much run anyone not on their friend list out of the server. I really thought WC wanted to promote competition, but what this game really promotes is megalomania. There is no way to compete with an entrenched alpha, unless you are an alpha. But these tribes do not let anyone in, and there are no fresh servers that offer you even the most remote chance of getting your tribe there.

There really is no answer on official servers. I am currently looking for an unofficial server that isn't so boosted that everything is easy, but I don't think those exist.

2 hours ago, Groid11 said:

While the caging issue is a new on one me, the bored Alpha trolling isn't. I have been to more than 20 official servers and it's the same thing. Once I get up to decent tech, the alpha, or one of their allies, rush in to wipe. It is just as you said. They don't want to attack each other bc they don't want to lose anything. The top dog usually has a few sycophantic tribes that pay some tribute in the form of mats/ass kissing in order to not get wiped. You can spot who these are by the use of the ^ at everything the alpha tribe says haha. There's basically nothing you can do. They have all the tech, all the resources, and all the support that you as a new arrival do not have. Then they hit you with their Wyvern's, Gigas, Griffins and the like, while your primitive spike falls from your lifeless body (if you're lucky they don't keep you hostage unconscious). Then they tell you it's "pvp" and go join a "pve" server.

It's really moronic. They are only hurting themselves and the community. Any fresh competition is immediately stamped out before it can compete. They are bored as hell, but don't allow anyone to challenge them (which would relieve the boredom). They pretty much run anyone not on their friend list out of the server. I really thought WC wanted to promote competition, but what this game really promotes is megalomania. There is no way to compete with an entrenched alpha, unless you are an alpha. But these tribes do not let anyone in, and there are no fresh servers that offer you even the most remote chance of getting your tribe there.

There really is no answer on official servers. I am currently looking for an unofficial server that isn't so boosted that everything is easy, but I don't think those exist.

Bro you state it perfectly

Alpha tribes are not bored. There are hundreds of them strewn arcross the servers and they all fight. Ark is a game of numbers and alliances.

The more resources, manpower and friendships you have, the farther you will go. When the new servers launched, tribes literally sat at the screen for hours just so they could be the first to claim servers.  I recommend playing CrossArks if you have anything less than 10 people. There are no mega tribes and not nearly as much lag.

CrossArks are very popular and you can build a very nice base on one with just a few people (or even solo). UnOfficial servers can offer you a variety of opportunities as well.

6 hours ago, Dustrider said:

I'm sure they are using handcuffs which means punching is not an option. 

You can still punch to drain resources

USAGE:

Put them in an unconscious player's offhand slot to apply.

While cuffed the player cannot

open their inventory or use items

damage other players or creatures

The player can still

use consumables that were in the player's hotbar before they got handcuffed

open doors

whistle to dinos to control them.

run/walk around.

attack without dealing damage to hasten death by starvation

do anything else not listed on the "cannot do" list

On 10/10/2017 at 6:33 AM, Baba said:

Bro you state it perfectly

The fact that WC brought in poop mechanics like cages and handcuffs is pretty much the reason i stopped playing this game.

I've always enjoyed being a solo player and have never had an issue with pushing poop uphill but when a mechanic is introduced that there is no counter for - an alpha tribe can literally keep your char caged indefinite I really questioned the experience of the developers!

Ask anybody why they quit and I'd bet 99% will say broken game mechanics like the above (and all the bugs they refuse to fix).

I bought this game early in EA and I've had my moneys worth, I even bought the SE expansion but thats all the money they are getting from me.

I'll play single player coz I still believe this game is awesome, but the poop that is official - well I've quit those (up till now I've only played on official) but the balance is completely pathetic! Multi server alpha tribes that wipe the WHOLE SERVER ON A WEEKLY BASIS - seriously how can you entice new players to join this - no wonder so many are playing unofficals (i guess seeing as WC pays for official servers, and the pathetic amount of servers that came up when game went live proves WC really dont want you playing this game on officials at all!)

On 10/9/2017 at 4:27 PM, Groid11 said:

Perfectly put.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/11/2017 at 12:13 AM, Crows said:

Perfectly put.

I've gotten into a few alpha tribes because when they do wipe you, you don't cry.  Most alphas dont want to let noobs in because they dont know you and like hell are they going to risk all that work for some random unknown player. If you can just take it and not talk poop some alphas end up being pretty cool.

17 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

Why?  As I've said before.

"Typical gamers eradicate competition instantly,

clever gamers farm them."

This guy gets it.

Why make bullets when there are 2 or 3 small tribes doing nothing but attempting to fill their few turrets daily, I've even left unplaced turrets in a fab to 'encourage' this.

Why farm narcos when you know the small tribes will have 1000s between them, someone mentions taming a giga, they have enough narcs and tranq arrows to make a raid profitable.

The only people who cage indefinately are idiot alphas, and alphas trying to lock down the server.

People who cage temporarily are idiots, massive idiot alphas (caging people as punishment lol) and griefers/raiders who know it's easier than repeatedly killing you.

But now you auto collect poop when cuffed, and it goes into your 1 slot to make killing yourself easier. 

Jumping also wastes stamina, so jump around whilst punching and eat that poop when cuffed/caged.

On 09/10/2017 at 1:09 PM, Baba said:

And please don't be saying go to pve because I wanna pvp it's the fact that there ruining the game 

Truth be told it's players like you that ruin the game.  They are playing the game the way it was intended. 

They have probably played with each other for two years already and are allied because they are friends and we're allied on Legacy,  they are not scared to fight each other but they realised a strong server is a safe server so they defend it together,  they probably raid other servers and fight other large tribes for fun.

Caging beach noobs is a game mechanic that the devs made. It's working as intended.  Why kill someone with nothing?  He will just respawn two seconds later and be back,  cage him waste his time make him quit. Caging people is fun and can be really funny if the person is a good sport about it.

It sounds like you are on someone's farming server,  they don't want you there,  taking up a server slot,  blocking spawns with your thatch mess and farming their ressources. They cage you to make you leave. You will never be allowed to build on that server until you get to know some of them and build a relationship,  you could be a spy for another mega or just a major troll.

You ask how you yourself can defeat them,  I like that at least you want to fight,  but truth is one solo player or even ten cannot take down a server wide mega tribe,  they have too many members and dinos and too much ressources to compete. You can be a pain in their side,  kill a few tames,  block a few metal nodes,  catch them out farming etc you will have fun doing it but really it won't even slow them down,  most of these tribes have players that play 12 hours a day and could out grind you on their own.  It will just tire you out and make you hate ark.

Best bet is to transfer to another server,  find one that let's people they don't know build up,  be friendly,  and then go attack your old sever when you have some weapons and tames to spare.

For bonus points tame a ptera or two on the mega tribes server take them too server 1 and start shoutIng your mouth of in chat,  attack the alpha and let them kill your ptera to get the server number. Bring the heat to them. Just like in real life there is always someone bigger. 

On 09/10/2017 at 4:27 PM, Groid11 said:

You got it wrong. Alphas are not bored,  they have fun fighting other alphas and trolls. They wipe noobs more for a duty to clean up the servers than boredom.  Wiping a weak Base is no fun but if you don't keep on top of it there will be noobs everywhere blocking spawns and getting bigger,  the bigger the base the longer the raid so it pays to do it early so you have more time to do what you enjoy. 

I remember when I went on holiday for a week on my old legacy server,  my tribe didn't keep ontop of scouting and raiding so when I got back there were bases everywhere,  you would be surprised what people can put up in a week especially with transfers. This caused lag and when I went the beaver dams they were full with only wood,  people even built in my meat run spot.  Then they all start talking in chat and getting my bird shot by turrets,  then they start raiding each other and noobs you helped once start screaming for help from the alpha like you care what happens to them, which then gets the other side sending you party invites to tell their side of how they started it or so and so picked one of our guys etc,  all I wanted to do was breed mutations so all this extra stress was definitely not needed,  then the server being 40/70 with noobs attracts more trolls from other servers to raid on your server,  more duty for the alpha to defend the noobs and fight the trolls,  while the trolls are from alpha tribes them selves scouting your server to see if it's weak. The final straw was when twenty people joined at once,  straight in chat ' who's..........  He been trolling our server give us his tribe or we wiping the server '  the dude wasn't even in our tribe or alliance. It was one of the noob tribes bringing trouble to our doorstep. After that the server was invite only,  lag died down, trolls stopped coming and chat was quiet, I could finaly enjoy my game again.  regularly scouting the map and wiping anyone you dont know is the only way to enjoy the game properly without irritation. If I want war or arguments I can take a few rockets and a ptera to a different server and go ham.

18 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

Truth be told it's players like you that ruin the game.  They are playing the game the way it was intended. 

They have probably played with each other for two years already and are allied because they are friends and we're allied on Legacy,  they are not scared to fight each other but they realised a strong server is a safe server so they defend it together,  they probably raid other servers and fight other large tribes for fun.

Caging beach noobs is a game mechanic that the devs made. It's working as intended.  Why kill someone with nothing?  He will just respawn two seconds later and be back,  cage him waste his time make him quit. Caging people is fun and can be really funny if the person is a good sport about it.

It sounds like you are on someone's farming server,  they don't want you there,  taking up a server slot,  blocking spawns with your thatch mess and farming their ressources. They cage you to make you leave. You will never be allowed to build on that server until you get to know some of them and build a relationship,  you could be a spy for another mega or just a major troll.

You ask how you yourself can defeat them,  I like that at least you want to fight,  but truth is one solo player or even ten cannot take down a server wide mega tribe,  they have too many members and dinos and too much ressources to compete. You can be a pain in their side,  kill a few tames,  block a few metal nodes,  catch them out farming etc you will have fun doing it but really it won't even slow them down,  most of these tribes have players that play 12 hours a day and could out grind you on their own.  It will just tire you out and make you hate ark.

Best bet is to transfer to another server,  find one that let's people they don't know build up,  be friendly,  and then go attack your old sever when you have some weapons and tames to spare.

For bonus points tame a ptera or two on the mega tribes server take them too server 1 and start shoutIng your mouth of in chat,  attack the alpha and let them kill your ptera to get the server number. Bring the heat to them. Just like in real life there is always someone bigger. 

Yeah, I’m still not buying that it’s players like him ruining the game. If he’s like me when I started playing a few months ago, He probably just wants to play ark and tame something without getting wrecked every 5 minutes by some dude on a giant bird. Megatribes that “Reserve” entire public servers for themselves solely for farming or breeding, etc/whateverreason are ruining the game. That aside, that’s usually just an excuse for being power hungry/anti-social.

Archived