No Tame Server Tips

DeZiLL313

I havent really put a lot of time in the notame servers, i only started shortly after arks release since wildcard gave up on primitive, my favorite game mode>:( But this is what i think is important to know for notame:

As u have no dinos, harvesting resources and travelling is way harder and more time consuming. The raft comes in handy here (consider how glitchy they are though if u want to build a base on them and take care of leeds). Also teleporting resources and yourself via drops/obelisks is helpful with logistics.

Think about if u really need a base or if u can lead a nomad life. A base is a target and not easy to defend on notame, because there are no auto turrets (for balance, but therefore also no rockets) and ps x are harder to keep up since u have no dungbeetles. If u want a base, choose the location wisely, close to resources, hidden and defendable, use the terrain and maybe also wild creatures to your advantage, but make sure it doesnt become too hard for yourself to get to the base and use it.

Generally it is important to keep in mind that people cant spend time on taming and breeding and building is also rather limited with how hard it is to get the resources, so the focus mainly lays on dealing with the environment and other players.

And, yes, there are really way too many alphas (@Jatheish) Also, while im at it, there are still some of the newer saddles learnable and u also find them in drops. the new tek engrams are in the list as well... on NoTek-NoTaming server...

58 minutes ago, marcpullen said:

How would you deal with alphas in that case? I can only imagine how many arrows it would take to shoot one down from a cliff (if they don't run away or get distracted) or a pillar of some type. Or do you just avoid alphas?

I'd imagine you'd make a metal alpha trap outside your base or wherever the alphas are.  4 walls high, ramp to get them over the wall and into the trap.  EZ PZ XP.

On 10/10/2017 at 1:26 PM, natman said:

I havent really put a lot of time in the notame servers, i only started shortly after arks release since wildcard gave up on primitive, my favorite game mode>:( But this is what i think is important to know for notame:

Did you mean the actual 'primitive' servers? Or Primitive Plus? If you've not tried P+, you migtht find it fun. Yeah, WC has ignored is pretty hard in the past several months, but it's functional, and still fun.

On 10/10/2017 at 12:26 PM, natman said:

As u have no dinos, harvesting resources and travelling is way harder and more time consuming. The raft comes in handy here (consider how glitchy they are though if u want to build a base on them and take care of leeds). Also teleporting resources and yourself via drops/obelisks is helpful with logistics.

Think about if u really need a base or if u can lead a nomad life. A base is a target and not easy to defend on notame, because there are no auto turrets (for balance, but therefore also no rockets) and ps x are harder to keep up since u have no dungbeetles. If u want a base, choose the location wisely, close to resources, hidden and defendable, use the terrain and maybe also wild creatures to your advantage, but make sure it doesnt become too hard for yourself to get to the base and use it.

Generally it is important to keep in mind that people cant spend time on taming and breeding and building is also rather limited with how hard it is to get the resources, so the focus mainly lays on dealing with the environment and other players.

And, yes, there are really way too many alphas (@Jatheish) Also, while im at it, there are still some of the newer saddles learnable and u also find them in drops. the new tek engrams are in the list as well... on NoTek-NoTaming server...

Good tips. Thanks!

Archived