Bring back SOTF!!!

DBrown23PGS

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BubbaCrawfish

Really should think about who is stating that it's been 'scrapped'... It has after all got updates in the past 6 months, so if it was scrapped, they'd be doing nothing with it...

Just now, BubbaCrawfish said:

Really should think about who is stating that it's been 'scrapped'... It has after all got updates in the past 6 months, so if it was scrapped, they'd be doing nothing with it...

For sure, and maybe you're right! If the shoe fits and all that! 

So what's been said about this awesome game mode

You know had ark got there stuff together and released the first battle royal game on console they could of shifted a lot of units! just saying!

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Well, if you actually read the article that was linked, you'd see they're too busy currently to do anything with it and hope to get back to it soon...

Guest BubbaCrawfish
12 hours ago, ninjaridz said:

Your tone is disappointing but not unexpected ✌

Why? Because I actually read the article without assuming the game was scrapped?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love that people demand things from the development team and don't think about how something would effect either the focus on the main game or the overall loss of money due to lack of consumer response. I loved SOTF but unfortunately a lot of other people didn't care for it as much, hence why its on an indefinite hold.

Ok so I'm sure many people have asked this but I still want to ask. With the official release of ARK I just want to know if they will began to work on SotF. I always heard about how it was a great game with many fun events like the Naughty or Nice event, but I join the game for the first time only to see that only free for all ever has people, 2 player tribes might be playable if there are enough people, and 4 player tribes is always empty. Will SotF get an update? Will it ever be popular? I just want to be able to play and not wait an hour to join one game.

• 2 weeks later...

I am tired of waiting for SOTF not being on console because I have to rely on my laptop (that only works half the time). Release date would have been perfect, but no the devs haven't mentioned it in ages. They're working on a brand new DLC!!! But not on something that has been in the game for over a year (BTW I love you wildcard:Jerblove:)

1 hour ago, RaiderofthelostARK said:

Any else enjoy the battle royales? So fun! I think WC should reconsider refocusing on this game type. It would be silly not to jump on this new game fad and if they don't they will lose sales to the other game developers. Make it official!

SOTF had its design flaws such us:

• Too long matches.
  • Centered zone at one point and final arena where was no cover making matches extremely boring to watch.
  • Awful performance.
  • Terrible hit detection.
  • (not sure if it was solved or not) Unlimited speed of human characters.
  • Size of your character affected matches.

However, the most important thing is Wildcard has no man power nor resources to work on 2 games at the same time. Their claim in announcement of SOTF that they had 2 seperated teams was false, because they were less and less focused on updating SOTF and it was abandoned by them in the end.

The real reason why SOTF was cancelled: The silent mejority of ARK players did not care about SOTF.

WC would earn enough money from ARK DLCs.

Archived