Bring back SOTF!!!

DBrown23PGS

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer ARK SOTF on PS4, though ARK SE does have it's qualities too.

but the thing is, ARK SE drops to being too simple, uneventful and boring, while ARK SOTF stays fresh and more hardcore survival each time, though the dome and rushed arena aspects dumb down the whole thing, it has its own strengths.

Either way, it's really stupid that Sony allows inferior and less stable games on PS4, but they put a wall between ARK games and PS4, which is not fair.

people are playing ARK SE as we speak on Xbox One, and I would guess most play it despite the glitches.

ARK SE has a long list of things they wanna add, maybe in the long run, optimizing afterwards would benefit PS4 when ARK SE and ARK SOTF arrive with the full content and polish.

but that's a madness wait.  

• 1 month later...

Hey its tittyswag here and ive been recommended by several wildcard members to create a post here instead of getting timed out in twitch. My question is why is sotf not getting 

1. Regular updates

2.Bug Fixes

3.Bans On teamers/Hackers

My seconds question is why are you guys pouring 65k into a "Dead-Game" Granted most people, Actually all people play now due to the money that is winnable each month And most don't play for their own enjoyment. This means that the longer this goes on the more players that will quit. 

Sotf Has a huge learning Curve and because of that most bobs/Joe's Will not play more than 2-3 games.  

If you were to pour even half of that money BACK into the game then maybe just maybe you could actually make this game good again. I Believe I speak on behalf of the remaining sotf community that we don't care if there is 1 month were you develop sotf instead of hosting a league. Even 2-3 Months we just want sotf to be great again..

Best Regards,

-TittySwag

I never said that i was forced to play it, right now sotf isn't a great game. It has the potential to be amazing but with the problems that i listed above and the lack of development the game is dying. As for lack of staff Just use the 65k to hire a couple of people like you said " I will play it regardless of the league "

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Last I heard, yes, it is canceled. I can't find the community crunch that said it, but there was one that said SOTF is canceled while Primal Survival became delayed.

But the information is all over the place as far as me being completely positive on how...I still see it in my steam library (not installed)...maybe they just meant they won't be hosting servers for it anymore, which will mean yeah there would be no way console players will be able to try it. There might be unofficial servers through Steam that use it, but otherwise I don't think console players will ever see it (apparently it wasn't played much...which I find odd because that game mode looked and felt perfect for ARK...).

• Volunteer Moderator

It's not cancelled exactly. Active development on SOTF has ceased, just the same as Primal Survival.

Currently the projects future is uncertain, however, development may resume at a later date after official release, but that decision is to be determined a lot later on, so there is a chance it may resume and there is a chance it won't resume.

So not completely cancelled, just ceased for now.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm just curious if anything else solid has been said anywhere about the state of sotf and its console conversion after arks full release? ive looked around and cant find anything more than rumors and speculation. im a massive fan of watching the SOTF streamers and youtubers, but id be an even bigger fan of actually playing it if I could do so on my console. So if anyone knows where there might be something more concrete about it being revisited, please post the link for me to read through.

Thanks guys!

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, ninjaridz said:

So it's been a while since I've posted anything here or even played ark at all, but I was hoping for SOTF to be a thing already or at least be confirmed for release? Any ideas or any news regarding this topic would be much appreciated ✌✌✌

It was scrapped. Only a handful of people were playing it.

It's still available as EA but they haven't supported it since the end of last year I believe.

http://www.pcgamer.com/ark-survival-of-the-fittest-is-an-experiment-that-didnt-catch-on-but-we-do-think-theres-a-fun-game-there-says-studio-wildcard/

" He admits Studio Wildcards has "toyed" with the idea of revisiting it, but that it's most likely to be kickstarted if they find the right developer externally, or if that developer finds them.  

'If we were to revisit it, we have to do so and ask: do we rebuilt it entirely or do we find a team that can take it forward," Stieglitz adds. "That's what it really comes down to: it's not that I don't think there's a good idea there, I do, but someone's got to actually make it. And we're a little too small to make it at the same time as Ark: Survival Evolved.' "

Archived