Character Loss on PS4 Legacy-CrossARK Servers

Jatheish

• Administrator

During the beginning of the weekend, due to a technical communication problem (where our servers weren't receiving our "messages"), some players on legacy servers running our deprecated saving system may have lost their characters.

We were able to use our redundancy system for the following servers and restore them yesterday (albeit, you may have noticed a rollback):

NA-PS4CrossArkCluster9-TheIsland
NA-PS4CrossArkCluster9-TheCenter
NA-PS4CrossArkCluster9-ScorchedEarth
NA-PS4CrossArkCluster10-TheIsland
NA-PS4CrossArkCluster10-TheCenter
NA-PS4CrossArkCluster10-ScorchedEarth
NA-PS4OfficialRagnarok3
PVE-NA-PS4OfficialRagnarok4

Unfortunately, not all servers were able to be completely restored. The following will still be missing their character data:

EU-PS4CrossArkCluster5-Ragnarok
EU-PS4CrossArkCluster6-Ragnarok
EU-PS4CrossArkCluster7-Ragnarok
NA-PS4CrossArkCluster7-Ragnarok
NA-PS4CrossArkCluster8-Ragnarok
NA-PS4CrossArkCluster9-Ragnarok

We have opened up an investigation to see how the failure occurred, and what we can do to prevent it going forward, as well as look into why our redundancy system was not able to restore the character profiles for those particular CrossARK servers.

Catastrophic failures like this are far and few, but it is always terrible when they occur. On our new servers, this particular failure cannot occur due to the upgrade/changed saving-system, but naturally, we aren't able to enable that on our Legacy boxes, as they were pre-existing saves. If I receive any more updates about the situation in regards to possibly restoring data, I will update this thread.

My sincerest apologies to all affected, for any frustration and the inconvenience caused by this.

6 minutes ago, DeDe1234 said:

its just going to get worst for legacy. Just start over on new server

And spend the next year grinding, building, imprinting etc only for it all to disappear overnight anyway? Or i could uninstall and go play a game that doesn't combine being super fkn grindy with completely unreliable, and no real support staff. This isnt limited to Legacy, the game is broken.

My character is still gone too on leg rag 4, I suppose since they rolled it back and I transferred not even a week ago. Too bad I couldn't at least be rolled back to my old server and still have what I had there. I've lost everything and it sure is a shame. This was an awesome game but I'm tired of all this bullcrap. If it's not restored via my ticket, I'm out. Of course it's the "legacy" players that get the shaft, for our loyalty...

I honestly don't know how you can continue to justify the service level or lack thereof to the early access community. You guys are well on your way to becoming a legacy developer. Saddens me, the game is conceptually solid, its execution continues to be a train wreck. Not to speak of the lack of performance on console official servers despite the low quality settings implemented. I can't help but feel like had you guys used early access as a means to gather data and improve quality and performance, communicated a little better with people and made things right you all could've gone far. But I know many of us can't justify ever spending more money on a wildcard or snail games product. Keep on doing what you're doing guys. Sometimes when you're young you have to learn lessons the hard way.

8 hours ago, muuufc said:

And spend the next year grinding, building, imprinting etc only for it all to disappear overnight anyway? Or i could uninstall and go play a game that doesn't combine being super fkn grindy with completely unreliable, and no real support staff. This isnt limited to Legacy, the game is broken.

Thats how I felt to be honest. I didn't want to start over. But I realized playing in legacy is aids, not only u have to deal with lag like the new servers but there was players on legacy that had GOD MODE stats. They would go to your server to cause havoc with no tames. They was very fast on foot outrunning a giga. Plus you had to deal with dupers with dupe items. Starting new with a clean slate is fun only if you know people on the new servers otherwise it will be a struggle for you.

This is ridiculous. 6 ppl including myself lost our characters. I was the lowest at lvl 98. The rest were 100. submitted a ticket and they basically said sorry your legacy better luck next time with a canned response. All my imprinted tames gone because of this faulty game. I can suck it up when it's my fault but the least you guys could do since you don't care or won't retrieve our characters is set use back up with ones at the same lvl and give ppl back their tribes since you little issue caused every character in some tribes to be erased. Give us a straight answer so I can go ahead and quit this game. Man up and say "well sorry guys we screwed up bad and your not getting your character back" instead of this BS where you guys dance around the subject and hint that maybe you could do something. 

On 10/10/2017 at 4:35 PM, JuiceBucks said:

Man up and say "well sorry guys we screwed up bad and your not getting your character back" instead of this BS where you guys dance around the subject and hint that maybe you could do something. 

Yep I am sick of logging in to check if my character is back. Deep down I know this post is the end of the issue as far as wildcard are concerned, but it would be really nice if they manned up and admitted that. That way we could all move on, and free up some space on our hdd's

My survivor  was erased on na 313 , is there a chance it will get returned? Happened during the hardware upgrade yesterday . Was in my base for 20 mins before servers went down , but when it came back up i was there then server crashed many times and rollback to be4 i was on server , had transferred from a se server which nerver rolled back. So my lvl 90 is gone.

3 hours ago, Hydradave said:

My survivor  was erased on na 313 , is there a chance it will get returned? Happened during the hardware upgrade yesterday . Was in my base for 20 mins before servers went down , but when it came back up i was there then server crashed many times and rollback to be4 i was on server , had transferred from a se server which nerver rolled back. So my lvl 90 is gone.

na 313 legacy or new servers?

Archived