Your reasons for quitting ARK

Disgaea

Hello,

In total I have played this game ARK for over 2000 hours. A very long time. My reason for quitting ARK is the timer on the obelisk, I know it prevents duping but I simply no longer wish to play this game when I gather resources from multiple different maps. Other lesser reasons are there is not enough servers and it's difficult to find a place without a hostile ALPHA on top of every other tribe. It is also very time consuming to do many things.

I will check this game again in the future when there is more content to experience. Have a nice day, games I'm currently playing are Paladins and Fortnite Battle Grounds.

Once our legacy server gets wiped I'll be quitting ARK because of the WONDERFUL people of Wildcard. Nothing to do with the game just the people behind it. I don't feel like my unworthy self should be playing a game handled by such TALENTED and NON-toxic people. I'm even now looking for a game as similar to ARK as possible. My dream would be one exactly like ARK but with less RESPECTABLE and CARING people as those at Wildcard.

Didn't wanna stop playing but even doh I was kinda putting up with the lag my friends not so much, they have pretty much just all stopped playing due to the epic amount of problems not getting fixed.I play on xbox an can honestly say that the game felt more stable when it first hit xbox I don't remember 30/40sec lag spikes back then this is as my friends say a broken game and they just refuse to play anymore ?

13 hours ago, Antitheft2 said:

Quitting Ark?? Is there such a thing? xD

Apparently the more accurate term is "vacation from ARK."

In the past month the server I'm on has had over a dozen people return to our server after "quitting ARK." :D

The funniest part is that it's a legacy server. Some quit over a year ago and still wanted to rejoin this particular server. I'd say Wildcard needs to step up its game concerning its plan to turn legacy servers into ghost towns in order for them to say they're justified in shutting them down. Haha!

I'm going to take a break after tonight... Mainly because of the Spanish, but also, I have hardly touched Destiny 2 or FIFA 18 yet and COD is out in 2 weeks...

Unless someone wants to assist my destruction of the whole official server so I'm the only one left?  There has to be some anarchists around with big weaponry :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I quit two months ago from ark and pretty much xbox in general, I was very unhealthy while playing that game meaning I never got enough sleep it would be constant stress 24/7. I would eat a bag of doritos a day and sodas to go with it. I stopped all of that and now im hitting the gym 4-5 times a week ,(im not a heavier person) having protein shakes every day, my BCAA's, and a lot more to go with it. Quitting ark has been one of the best things I have done in a while, you could gain enemies playing that game and be hated by others, ddosed, cursed out along with the game alone being able to ruin friendships. I experienced this throughout my time in atleast 50 tribes, big alliances, server wars, and much more. Whenever I see a picture of ark or a youtube video on it is always nostalgic.. This game will forever hold a special place in my heart - Jerky 

Goodbye friends 

On 10/24/2017 at 4:33 PM, BlueFox91 said:

Ya know, anyone who has legitely quit Ark isn't looking at the forums... Seems more like this should be titled "What would make you quit Ark?" Or "What should we cry about today?" because that's pretty much what goes on in these type of topics.

I quit ark 100% the only reason I am on here is to see what is happening and to check up with old friends. This game holds a special place w me but it was not something I needed to be playing every day so I quit.

My  quits usually stem from boredom more than anything, right now for instance having a tribe that is boss fight ready but unable to produce spino sails on ragnarok has kept us from continuing down the path of progression. So hitting the wall of progression is probably the one thing that turns me away from playing.

Can't see myself quitting ARK, per se...

But I do take breaks.

Like right now; I'm currently on hiatus from ARK. Found a server, had a nifty alpha (for a little while), and got some new friends that were willing to help me out with my kibble farm.

Things changed, and might I say, quite radically. I was only on that server for 2 weeks before it went to  crappolla on a schtick. A neutral alpha becoming overzealous after adopting new tribe members, trolls and invading alpha tribes coming in to seek vengeance, 'population control' methods....

I eventually joined one of my allies, only to have them be insided by a 'previous' alliance, and thus, declaring war on said offender. Said offender cried for help, considering the entire server--sans alpha--banded together to help wipe them, and they got back up by a mega-alpha.

Now said offender threatened my tribe and all our alliances with a wipe, and we had to jump ship.

All while I was constructing my kibble farm. Those 2 weeks of hard work and grinding now being threatened by a piece-o'-crap tribe that insided an ally because they didn't like the fact some of their tribe members chose to join a less tyrannical empire over them.

Stings...No point in continuing to build, but...no point in starting over immediately after all that hard work has gone to waste, right?

I'll be back eventually, though. ARK's got a special place in my heart, and I'm not abandoning it.

Guest DJRone89

I quit official back in March 2016. Why? Because I play other games and official was too time consuming.

I returned in June 2016 just before The Center launched but on unofficial. Had a few bad experiences and our tribe decided to host our own.

Official is great don’t get me wrong but I can do all the things I wasn’t prepared to do at a much faster rate. Also transferring between servers in my cluster is done on a whim with an extended expiry time.

But the best part is the ability to take long breaks from the game without fear of losing anything - something that is impossible on official due to decay timers.

Archived