wind turbine power failure?

20GT

Wind Turbines are harder to place in a good place because the wind percentage is not shown for that area,  And areas where you would expect would be 80-100% wind might or might not be windy 

I do wish that if a wind turbine was used that a second engram would be added to allow us to build a storage battery to hold electricity in reserve for those times when the wind is not moving,  each Battery would drain as the power is consumed and could only power the equipment it was hooked too, 

1 Believe across the top of the map is mainly 100% but going to the left hand side and down it drops to around 80%, with the lower regions being less and desert was showing 0% when I last checked,

EDIT: See Ark Wiki Link has rough idea of wind areas. (Link says scorched but has Ragnarok on there also)

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Wind_Turbine_(Scorched_Earth)

1 hour ago, ESXB said:

1 Believe across the top of the map is mainly 100% but going to the left hand side and down it drops to around 80%, with the lower regions being less and desert was showing 0% when I last checked,

Thanks for the information. I'm to the left of Viking Bay over by the weird rock formation. (see X on the map) 

I'm wondering if I move my turbine to the top of the formation or even higher if possible if I will reach the 100% winds. 

What is the way to place a turbine on top of a tall Pillar? Sometimes I get the to far away from foundation error. 

1507717777944.jpg

2 minutes ago, Jonais said:

When was this created/last updated? It only shows a very tiny part of the map so is mostly useless...

No idea, it's nothing to do with me, but you were talking about the North West and that is on there and clearly marked. Has it changed since then? I have no idea, perhaps @genie45 can help.

11 hours ago, genie45 said:

i no longer update the wikia wiki please check the offical wiki at https://ark.gamepedia.com for latest info 

also check this file its more up to date 

https://ark.gamepedia.com/File:Ragnarok_Map_Wind.jpg 

Wow thanks great map. Where is the swamp castle on that thing? I'm considering the the land on the opposite side of the broken bridge. 

1 hour ago, teamravegreen said:

Not sure if this is helpful or not, but I'm fairly certain you can hook your wind turbine to a generator and have the generator come on when the turbine fails (no wind). What I don't know is if the generator will turn off if/when the wind picks back up?

Has anyone tested this?

There is an option for that and I believe the generator is supposed to turn on and off with the demand for electricity.  However, I do not think this option works 100% of the time.  I believe its a 50/50 on whether or not it will bug out and not turn on.  I just use the generator and repair it when necessary

Archived