How to make your Giga's rage mode not as bad

RoagMine377

Here is a tip for people with Gigas! I don't have a Giga yet but I know what they do and how they look, and one of those things I know about Gigas is that they can't damage metal. So, when your at your base make a cage. This will be made with 4 metal BEHEMOTH gates. You need the gates and the frames. Make the gates form a square, then put your Giga into the cage. Once you've done that, your good! Now if it goes into rage mode, it won't kill all your tames and you! Make sure you put the cage further from your base, or else something could go wrong. Hope this helps you out!

What you posted only matters if someone is making your giga rage like in a pvp situation which is different then making them rage so walking around harvesting meat.  Also if you make a cage farther from your base, guess what, it can be picked off easily and there will be a lot of people who will want to take advantage of that.  If you are running around collecting meat, the easiest thing to do is jump off right before you land from a cliff etc.  That will prevent fall damage.  What makes a giga rage is the damage percentage done quickly over time to get that rage which if its in your base protected in a barn like structure, you are good.  It cannot rage then since it cannot take open fire.  

You might as well build a roof on top of that cage then it will be protected from open fire.  However unless you are protecting that cage away from your base you can kiss that giga bye bye from an offline raid.  If its on neutral someone will just kite it away and drown it as well.  Either way one dead giga.

Best to plan for good defenses so that you can protect more of your work. 

10 hours ago, ehuhoser said:

What you posted only matters if someone is making your giga rage like in a pvp situation which is different then making them rage so walking around harvesting meat.  Also if you make a cage farther from your base, guess what, it can be picked off easily and there will be a lot of people who will want to take advantage of that.  If you are running around collecting meat, the easiest thing to do is jump off right before you land from a cliff etc.  That will prevent fall damage.  What makes a giga rage is the damage percentage done quickly over time to get that rage which if its in your base protected in a barn like structure, you are good.  It cannot rage then since it cannot take open fire.  

You might as well build a roof on top of that cage then it will be protected from open fire.  However unless you are protecting that cage away from your base you can kiss that giga bye bye from an offline raid.  If its on neutral someone will just kite it away and drown it as well.  Either way one dead giga.

Best to plan for good defenses so that you can protect more of your work. 

I never thought of that! Hmm...that's a problem

Archived