Lets collect information on the new update stuff here!

Index154

Important Information:

Grappling hook: Requires level 50, requires engrams: "stone arrow", "crossbow", requires 1 cementing paste, 9 metal, 2 thatch, 35 fiber, 3 stone arrows and is crafted at the smithy. Can grapple onto creatures, structures and environment. Once shot, you can switch to another weapon. Grappling a quetz and shooting it while hanging on is not possible though because when a grappled creatures gets damaged the hook is removed. Also works underwater. Smaller creatures can be pulled towards the player. Hold left mouse button to reel in and right to make the string longer. Press C to detach. The hooks are one-use items.

Spawn command:

GiveItem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Weapons/PrimalItemAmmo_GrapplingHook.PrimalItemAmmo_GrapplingHook' 10 1 0

Terror Bird: Doesn't take much tranq arrows with a good crossbow. Torpor goes down pretty fast. AI seems to be broken as it almost can't hit anything at all, appears in groups. Saddle costs 110 hide, 65 fiber and 20 wood and is crafted in the players inventory. Favorite Kibble is Gallimimus Kibble.

Spawn command:

summon TerrorBird_Character_BP_C

Tribe Alliances: Open tribe manager and create a new alliance. Then hold E on someone of the tribe you want to invite and invite them. They then need to hold E while looking at you and select to join the alliance. Players and tames in the same alliance have blue floating names over their heads visible from far away. Creatures on neutral don't fight back when attacked by alliance members. Turrets don't target alliance partners. Allies can ride with you on a gallimimus and in the kangaroo pouch.                                                                            

You cannot create an infinite number of different alliances but many tribes can join a single one.

6 minutes ago, Index154 said:

You can also use other weapons while the grappling hook is attached to something and you can grapple onto wild creatures (quetz)

Eyy, turn up. So is it possible to grapple onto the back of, say, a Rex and tranq it while still grappled? At the very least, grappling onto a large creature and stabbing the hell out of it with my sword is gonna be legit.

Hi Index154,

Thank you for starting this thread. 
One little request if it isn't too much trouble;  as you find out new information, would you add it to your first post.  Normally I would happily read through everything, however I have a house full of company today (didn't they know there would be a patch).

I am dying to get in game and so far enjoying stealing a few moments to read everyone's experience with the new content.

If you don't have the time to keep a running update, I understand.

Thank you to everyone that is contributing, much appreciated! :)

14 minutes ago, Reclucy said:

Hi Index154,

Thank you for starting this thread. 
One little request if it isn't too much trouble;  as you find out new information, would you add it to your first post.  Normally I would happily read through everything, however I have a house full of company today (didn't they know there would be a patch).

I am dying to get in game and so far enjoying stealing a few moments to read everyone's experience with the new content.

If you don't have the time to keep a running update, I understand.

Thank you to everyone that is contributing, much appreciated! :)

Ah, of course! Sorry for not doing this right away.

2 hours ago, Index154 said:

Ok so about the grappling hook:

Required engrams are stone arrow and crossbow, I believe the level required is 50 and it is crafted at the smithy and you actually have to attach it to a crossbow.

An important note: On primitive servers, the required level to make the grappling hook is 85.

Do we know anything about what tribe alliances actually do yet? Do your tribe permissions matter at all? As in, if my tribe is set for personal taming and personal riding, can allied tribes ride my dinos? Can they or can they not ride my dinos even if personal riding isn't set? And what about breeding and raising? Can allied tribes help with feeding babies now? 

Tested tribe alliances so far:

• allied tribes can't ride your dinos, but they can be co-rider of Roos or Gallimimus
  • they aren't able to open your doors or gates
  • turrets and plants won't shoot on allied tribe members
  • dinos set on "aggressive" won't go nuts on allied tribe members
  • allied tribe members and dinos appear in blue font

Currently taming a Terror Bird, loses torpor pretty fast.

2 minutes ago, MuffinMafia said:

Tested tribe alliances so far:

• allied tribes can't ride your dinos, but they can be co-rider of Roos or Gallimimus
  • they aren't able to open your doors or gates
  • turrets and plants won't shoot on allied tribe members
  • dinos set on "aggressive" won't go nuts on allied tribe members
  • allied tribe members and dinos appear in blue font

Currently taming a Terror Bird, loses torpor pretty fast.

is there a UI for tribe alliances or is it with the radial? 

Archived