Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ??????? & Community Crunch 106!

Jen

• Volunteer Moderator
15 minutes ago, ExcessEvil said:

@Jen

This is wrong, though. The reason they've been stalling it is because you're using a 3rd party server manager/host, rather than your own serverpark. They used to be hesitant when it comes to 3rd party mods/addons for games as well, but luckily the deal they struck with Bethesda worked out and paved the way for future games and 3rd party mods/addons.

EA and DICE have had rental servers on Xbox and PS since Battlefield 3 came out on Xbox 360 and PS3, so it is definitely not a new terrain for Microsoft or Xbox One. Just a different method of renting servers for Xbox One owners. EA/DICE have an in-game rental option.

The big question is though, why not do as Bethesda with their mods for Fallout 4 and Skyrim Special Edition for Xbox One/PS4, so console owners can get to enjoy the awesome mods we see in the videos and such on the CC?

Host the mods on your own server, specifically for consoles, and provide an in-game method of downloading and installing them through the main menu.

Go play Fallout 4 and Skyrim Special edition, and you'll know what i'm talking about. Please, pass it on to the team. :Jerbcry:

As for S+, it really should be integrated into the core game. No wonder you barely see any Xbox One or PS4 submissions for the crunch. Building with the default toolset is horrible and limited without S+ (IMHO!).

As for the creative folks here: Great job everyone. :D

As flattering as this is, just exactly how big and tenured in the game industry do you think Wildcard is that you're comparing them to super established billion dollar video game companies like EA and Bethesda?

45 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

As flattering as this is, just exactly how big and tenured in the game industry do you think Wildcard is that you're comparing them to super established billion dollar video game companies like EA and Bethesda?

See, hosting the mods themselves can be done through Nitrado as well, the same way servers are hosted. I just gave an idea that i had, free of charge i might add, for a 'possible' solution, for console owners to use mods . Might not be the right area for suggestions, but i made one. It was an impulse move.

They could very well have a single server for mods, make an app for Xbox Live, like the one they did for the rental servers, where we could browse mods, download from the nitrado server and install directly both locally and on the rental servers.

Meh, I'm not too crazy about this new creature. Probably because like the Gecko, it bears a strong resemblance to a few real life, modern day animals, so it's not as stunning to me (see the Cthulhubatwyvern) I dunno, maybe it'll grow on me. But if it turns out to just be a remodeled jerboa that predicts the earthquakes and gas leaks, I'm taming one for said skill and killing every other one I see on sight.

Since you have to pay for aberration, will you have to ascend? The previous paid scorched earth was a starting ARK, but the free center and ragnarok both require ascension. I think that you should not have to because some people would be paying for something they cannot get. Ragnarok was disappointing enough. People also want another starter server that anyone can play alone, not another map that takes forever to get. Ragnarok is a goal along with a center, I doubt many people would be suddenly motivated to play more for solo aberration more than ragnarok. However, I, and I am not alone, would play more if you could play aberration immediately, but be disappointed again and give up on ARK if you had to ascend again. Please, do your fans a favor and make aberration $20, not ascension.

I've seen a video or two stating that this creature has six legs. I disagree. I believe it only has 4. If you look at the purple and black coloring and imagine that it's a canvas, the image of the creature would be bits of torn up paper tapped to the purple canvas. The bits aren't perfectly aligned creating the illusion of a six legged creature. The back (creature's right) huff clearly isn't aligned with the leg nor is the chest with the front legs. Also the chest has been torn creating and illusion of extra legs. Look at it again and you'll see it's just misaligned and has 4 legs. 

@Jen, could you please either fix the link to the full resolution images or remove this line from your community crunch posts:

" You’ll want to click on the image title to be able to download the maximum size image, we’ve resized them for display purposes  "

it's getting a bit old; it hasn't worked for a loooong time now.

On 10/7/2017 at 9:08 AM, Jatheish said:

Sorry about the lack of Digest folks, that was my bad, I ended up passing out. We will have one for ya soon tho :)

Is that as in the questions are all answered by devs and you need to just post it? Or as in you still need to select and answer questions?

It seems like what you're saying here is that you passed out before you were able to post the Digest part of the weekly announcements (totally understandable!) .... but i haven't seen it yet. Just clarifying ...... it's my favorite thing to check on this site! 

On 10/8/2017 at 2:33 PM, BAGGINS said:

Since you have to pay for aberration, will you have to ascend? The previous paid scorched earth was a starting ARK, but the free center and ragnarok both require ascension. I think that you should not have to because some people would be paying for something they cannot get. Ragnarok was disappointing enough. People also want another starter server that anyone can play alone, not another map that takes forever to get. Ragnarok is a goal along with a center, I doubt many people would be suddenly motivated to play more for solo aberration more than ragnarok. However, I, and I am not alone, would play more if you could play aberration immediately, but be disappointed again and give up on ARK if you had to ascend again. Please, do your fans a favor and make aberration $20, not ascension.

Ascension...You know you can just type in playercommand Ascend(1, 2, 3) in the admin command box to unlock the other Arks. I'm sure the devs are not going to make you ascend to play Aberration and even if they do, just type in the command, it's not big deal at all.

On 10/6/2017 at 11:43 PM, Marcchillin said:

DILO? No mention of Fear Evolved, Vampires and Werewolves that were also promised from last year, or anything about Aberration's release date. Or will we have to hold off for another year because of some trophy or trinket. Idk just expected more then a repeat talk of the server rental situation, cute deer I guess.

Yea, i wanna know when fear evolved is coming again. If at all.