Double XP Event

MrGerard

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, anubis3691 said:

Well if it don't happen I'm just gonna get so upset I'm gonna raise my babies anyways! Just to teach them a lesson!

That's the spirit. Take some vacation days and sleep's for rich people anyway. Hatch and get 100% imprint on the Giga's at regular rates to spite them. It'll be a great sense of achievement too. 

Seriously, I am happy it hasn't started and may not. I may actually get to play on my server this weekend without playing Ark: Refreshing Evolved for an hour or more first. 

Part of the problem now is people "expect" or anticipate the event to occur on the weekend as its been going on for so many weeks in the beta and every weekend since the games gone live. Not doing the event only makes people frustrated at this point. During the beta, the event would sometimes occur as late as 9 or 10pm EST and in a few cases, you didnt even see the event until Saturday morning when logging in.

Having had the event happening so much, people plan around it now: Why breed 9 hour mammals when you can wait until the weekend/Friday and just wait 4 hours? Far more reasonable and doable then trying to plan your work/school/social life around 9 or 13 hour timers. You cant seriously be angry at people for wanting to save time/do things a bit easier, can you?

On the other hand, the problem with the events, small amount of new servers, etc is that tamed dino caps are a serious issue. (See some of the threads or even Jat's last tweet or so responding to this issue).

But this is on the devs: Damned if you do, damned if you dont now.

So who knows..

That's the spirit. Take some vacation days and sleep's for rich people anyway. Hatch and get 100% imprint on the Giga's at regular rates to spite them. It'll be a great sense of achievement too. 
Seriously, I am happy it hasn't started and may not. I may actually get to play on my server this weekend without playing Ark: Refreshing Evolved for an hour or more first. 
Lol oh I've done it plenty of times, I raised quacks and gigs before it was ever 2x all the time. Back when gigs required about 10k meat by themselves the first day lol. The grind was so real...

2 hours ago, Demerus said:

OMG thanks Captain Obvious ....

26 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Lol. They don't respond in these forums. let me rephrase that, there is 1% chance of them responding to that in their forums. Jat and panda sometimes pop in. watch their twitter feed for fastest response or just play the game and wait for it to happen.

1%... that is such an overstatement I don't know where to begin. Like calling a pitchers mound a mountain. lol :):) 

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

Am certain they said the complete opposite in the past. Which is funny cause they havent missed a weekend since launch as far as i am aware and now people expects one everyweekend :D

Dont think the current typing problen we have on xbox would prevent us from having an event. Unless theres another problem i am unware of.

The very first weekend was not a 2x, every other one has been.

1 minute ago, ciabattaroll said:

Yknow, as unlikely as it is, I would not mind one bit if the reason for there not (or not yet) being a 2x event is somewhat related to the zero tolerance disciplinary actions that wildcard is currently handing out.

If you could elaborate on how it applies to the lack of a 2x event please? Serious question. 

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, yekrucifixion187 said:

If you could elaborate on how it applies to the lack of a 2x event please? Serious question. 

Simple. Cheaters that have been banned have no choice but to start over. Not having an event that boosts taming, levelling, and harvesting slows down the efforts for the cheaters to return to where they once were, slight as that delay in their progress might be.

Like I said, it's very unlikely of a scenario, but I would not mind it at all if that were the case.

4 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

Simple. Cheaters that have been banned have no choice but to start over. Not having an event that boosts taming, levelling, and harvesting slows down the efforts for the cheaters to return to where they once were, slight as that delay in their progress might be.

Like I said, it's very unlikely of a scenario, but I would not mind it at all if that were the case.

those are guys are banned though. I dont think they can start over?

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, JetJaguar said:

those are guys are banned though. I dont think they can start over?

It's been proven with previous sales and bannings that people have had no qualms popping open a new account with a new copy of ark to get back to their cheating ways.

2 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

Cheaters that have been banned have no choice but to start over.

See this is a issue here. If they have been banned then they should be banned. I know there is no perfect solution due to any number of reasons but if wildcard isn't at least banning the IP Address then they aren't doing enough to remove these scum in my opinion. People have so many alternate accounts, alternate PC/consoles, but few have multiple IP addresses even though VPN's are mostly free anymore. 

I mean cheater's will always find a way but making it more difficult by going to more extreme bans would be preferable and maybe deter the laziest of the cheater's , since they are all pretty lazy to begin with, from even attempting it anymore. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

See this is a issue here. If they have been banned then they should be banned. I know there is no perfect solution due to any number of reasons but if wildcard isn't at least banning the IP Address then they aren't doing enough to remove these scum in my opinion. People have so many alternate accounts, alternate PC/consoles, but few have multiple IP addresses even though VPN's are mostly free anymore. 

I can assure you that, speaking from a moderator perspective, weeding out people and their alternates isn't as cut and dry as "ban their ip address". There's the usage of vpns like you stated, as well as dynamic ips. And there's the very real and often ticket submitted issue we have of banning someone on an IP level and having a relative, significant other, etc. coming in complaining that they cannot use the community hub due to the other person getting their IP banned, as apparently they share the same device.

7 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

It's been proven with previous sales and bannings that people have had no qualms popping open a new account with a new copy of ark to get back to their cheating ways.

Gotcha. well props to WC then. The cheaters are just throwing more money their way. But the game isnt as cheap as it was during the beta ;)

• GP locked this topic

Archived