Bulding a Base with 4 Walls

DavidPlayz

The only advantage i can think of is extra defense. But if people come to raid you, they will bring enough c4 to even blow trough 4 layers. Of course it will protect you to the tribes with lesser resources to spend, but your turrets and plants should make work of them. In my opinion, make your main building double layered where the valuables are stored.

If people successfully get to your base by bypassing/draining turrets, they're going to have enough C4 to blow through all layers, and especially if the foundations are exposed. I personally just prefer 2 walls thick... it's all about turret density and positioning. Especially now that people soak on stegos, you want to have turret towers supporting each other.

Pros - Better defense and wastes more resources to get into the base. If you double that up with using hidden purlovia outside of the base with your stuff in them, then the cost will far outweigh the reward and ppl will stop blowing into the base after a few wasted trips with c4. 

Cons - Heavy on the build limit and slow to get up and going. For a small tribe you may not plan to build the base to its limits so this may be ok, but the issues will come in with how long it takes you before the base is actually up and ready for defending. If your server isn't an aggressive server then you should have the time to build properly, but if it is then you will have the most problems out of that con than anything else in the game. 

as others have said, it is highly dependent on the situation at hand.

more walls = more safety. however you have to balance your time and your resources. if you are in an area where you are difficult to detect and large tribes aren't frequently flying over, i would recommend 2 or 3 layer walls and ceilings. if you are in an active area, 2 walls is the most i would go because you will probably get raided before you even finish 3 layered walls.

Archived