pve Taking on Alpha Dino's

CUR8Y

Hello All,

Maybe this has been discussed before but Im going to ask anyway.

Does anyone know what level your own rex would safely need to be to take down an alpha rex? I.E would your owned level 200 rex take down say a level 20 Alpha rex?

Just keen to know so I dont loose my rex taking on more than he can chew so to speak.

Thanks C U R 8 Y

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ice wyvs are the best way to kill alpha carnos or alpha raptors because there ice attack slows them to the point where they won't even hit you nor will you take damage, i don't believe the ice effect works on alpha rex's though so i wouldnt take one on alone with an ice confidently, the level of your rex is not going to matter so much as its stats, imprint and saddle when going after an alpha rex, but i would definitely bring a few rex's with me to help attack it if i did go that route

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello @CUR8Y,

I got a 550 melee. However you can do it by using the terrain with any level Rex. Alpha Rex is super fast so once you attack you need to continue your attack, no retakes.

So position your self in such a way that you can go backwards up a hill with your no level Rex continuously attacking the chasing Alpha Rex- If it runs off you just stop and retake some stamina and the alpha will return. The lower level Rex you have the more the alpha Rex will run off. Prepare yourself for a long fight. This thing will never loose aggro on you :)  if you are still alive that is.

Be aware that WC is changing the AI from time to time. Mysteries mysteries.

Have some kind of backup plan just in case. It can be sleeping bags, a metal pillar that can be aggro substitute or why not a trap in metal as it can be used for other large creatures as well (two metal high wall should be enough 2x2x2).

Your Rex must be on Neutral if you need to use your Rex AI in the fight (jump off and right back on again).

Just keep calm during the fight and you should be just fine keeping the high ground.

Above all HAVE FUN.

Regards,

Ariana

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived