Best spot for finding Ovis?

Naxor

14 hours ago, Naxor said:

I've been having a really hard time getting mutton. I've followed the spawn sites outlined in the wiki but I'm still having tough luck. Any spots you guys know of or advice? Thanks.

I've found a bunch in the highlands. I've seen them anywhere from the mountain with the abandoned lighthouse to the area with the strange rock formation.

Like phantom said they are the easiest to find in the highlands.  Fly around and if you dont see any go on a killing spree to clear out the existing spawns, leave render and come back to look for ovis.  Wash rinse repeat until you find some, i usually see flocks of 4 to 6 in the highlands and everywhere else i have seen them they spawn solo.  Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Since everyone has already said Highlands, here's some odd spots I've seen them on. The top of the wintry mountain near the west mouth of the canyon river, and the east beach in Viking Bay. I kid you not, I'm still using the mutton from that one. It might have fallen from the high plateaus above that beach though. 

Archived