Have you defeated any bosses in Singleplayer mode?

madkimchi

I haven't played with Singelplayer Mode, but I've beaten all bosses and TEK Cave.

Broodmother --> use Megatherium. Especially on Gamma, they absolutely annihilate her. Bring a Yuty, too
Megapithecus --> Classic Rex + Yuty+ Daeodon works best here. Stay out of the way of the Megapithecus (hang back on the Yuty and courage/fear roar)
Dragon --> Same idea as Megapithecus

For all bosses, get at least some decent quality Flak, an Assault Rifle or two with a lot of ammo or a good Compound Bow, Medical Brews, and Enduro Stew.

For TEK Cave, use a bunch of Rexes. I'd recommend a Yuty or two as well, because you can Fear roar a lot of the bad dudes in there. Bring some Pheromone Darts because you can lure a lot of bad (specifically Gigas) into the lava by aggroing them onto creatures that fall in there. Bring similar equipment to a boss fight, or even better, TEK if you have it. It'll make the final boss fight way easier. Also I'd recommend looking into Calien Soup and Fria Curry because the cave goes from boiling hot to freezing cold

28 minutes ago, PuffyPony said:

I haven't played with Singelplayer Mode, but I've beaten all bosses and TEK Cave.

Broodmother --> use Megatherium. Especially on Gamma, they absolutely annihilate her. Bring a Yuty, too
Megapithecus --> Classic Rex + Yuty+ Daeodon works best here. Stay out of the way of the Megapithecus (hang back on the Yuty and courage/fear roar)
Dragon --> Same idea as Megapithecus

For all bosses, get at least some decent quality Flak, an Assault Rifle or two with a lot of ammo or a good Compound Bow, Medical Brews, and Enduro Stew.

For TEK Cave, use a bunch of Rexes. I'd recommend a Yuty or two as well, because you can Fear roar a lot of the bad dudes in there. Bring some Pheromone Darts because you can lure a lot of bad (specifically Gigas) into the lava by aggroing them onto creatures that fall in there. Bring similar equipment to a boss fight, or even better, TEK if you have it. It'll make the final boss fight way easier. Also I'd recommend looking into Calien Soup and Fria Curry because the cave goes from boiling hot to freezing cold

Thanks for the response but are you talking about gamma bosses? What settings? Official or unofficial? Did you bring friends? What does "bunch of Rexes", "use Megatherium" mean? 

You seem to generalize on something that could take a few hundred of hours of preparation and what you describe is possibly beyond what my current time investment can allow.  Hence why I am considering single player.

I play on an unofficial server with just my boyfriend, my brother and two friends. We have the single player settings enabled since we're pretty casual. I haven't tried to kill the bosses solo yet, but others on the server do it all the time, at least the gamma bosses. I'm not sure about the higher difficulties but my bet is it's doable.

I tried the brood mother and the monkey with only my boyfriend and 10 therizinos and it was rather ridiculously easy. We're even thinking about removing the single player setting on the server to make it more difficult, but waiting until we try the harder stuff like the tek cave to make sure we don't suck :P

hope this helps!

2 hours ago, Vanessa said:

I play on an unofficial server with just my boyfriend, my brother and two friends. We have the single player settings enabled since we're pretty casual. I haven't tried to kill the bosses solo yet, but others on the server do it all the time, at least the gamma bosses. I'm not sure about the higher difficulties but my bet is it's doable.

I tried the brood mother and the monkey with only my boyfriend and 10 therizinos and it was rather ridiculously easy. We're even thinking about removing the single player setting on the server to make it more difficult, but waiting until we try the harder stuff like the tek cave to make sure we don't suck :P

hope this helps!

It does help indeed. I have been playing unofficial without single player setting and I have been enjoying the challenge thus far, but the difference is that mostly I've been playing solo

6 hours ago, madkimchi said:

If so, what was your setup? I have been running an unofficial server which I'm thinking to enable single player mode on, as I have been playing solo.

Only concerned about gamma bosses and ascension cave.

I'd recommend having the following weapons of mastercraft quality or better: fabricated sniper rifle, pump-action shotgun, fabricated pistol, assault rifle, and I'd recommend having a rocket launcher. Bring plenty of ammo for all of these. As far as creatures, bring high level T. rexes, Yutyrannus, Allosaurus, Daeodons, Kentrosaurus, and Therizinosaurus. For the Broodmother, I'd recommend trying to stay behind her to avoid her attacks. Use the rockets mainly to clear out her spider minions so they don't overwhelm you and try to do serious damage to her via the sniper, shotgun, and assault rifle. Let your creatures attack her while doing this for massive swabs of damage. For the Megapithecus, same setup, but try to clear our the minions as often as possible and let your creatures and heavy weaponry take down the boss. Watch out for the rocks it throws. Luckily, they aren't terribly accurate, but they do bounce, so be wary of that. For the dragon, I'd recommend letting your creatures do most of the work for that one. Since the dragon flies, it's best to wait till it lands and let your creatures pound it down while you provide support fire and destroy the pterosaur minions when they appear with shotgun blasts and rockets. Beware of its fire blasts and meteor barrages. I recommend similar armaments along with Tek saddles for your Rexes, the Tek rifle, and Tek grenades for the Tek cave. I beat it before the Overseer was added, but from what I've seen, Tek weaponry is a must for fighting the Overseer. Let your Kentrosaurus, Allosaurus, and Yutyrannus beat back the attack drones and defense units since the former two have pack boosting and since the Yutyrannus has the courage roar to boost melee and melee resistance, while you and the rest of your creatures hammer the Overseer. The key is to keep up the assault against the Overseer itself and don't let it have any breathing room. Also, beware of its laser beam and force field capabilities. Watch out for its other forms as the three sub-bosses as well. They all have separate health bars. Also, you can pick up element dropped on the ground from defeated attack drones and defense units to replenish your Tek rifle ammo if need be.

10 hours ago, Nch1418 said:

I'd recommend having the following weapons of mastercraft quality or better: fabricated sniper rifle, pump-action shotgun, fabricated pistol, assault rifle, and I'd recommend having a rocket launcher. Bring plenty of ammo for all of these. As far as creatures, bring high level T. rexes, Yutyrannus, Allosaurus, Daeodons, Kentrosaurus, and Therizinosaurus. For the Broodmother, I'd recommend trying to stay behind her to avoid her attacks. Use the rockets mainly to clear out her spider minions so they don't overwhelm you and try to do serious damage to her via the sniper, shotgun, and assault rifle. Let your creatures attack her while doing this for massive swabs of damage. For the Megapithecus, same setup, but try to clear our the minions as often as possible and let your creatures and heavy weaponry take down the boss. Watch out for the rocks it throws. Luckily, they aren't terribly accurate, but they do bounce, so be wary of that. For the dragon, I'd recommend letting your creatures do most of the work for that one. Since the dragon flies, it's best to wait till it lands and let your creatures pound it down while you provide support fire and destroy the pterosaur minions when they appear with shotgun blasts and rockets. Beware of its fire blasts and meteor barrages. I recommend similar armaments along with Tek saddles for your Rexes, the Tek rifle, and Tek grenades for the Tek cave. I beat it before the Overseer was added, but from what I've seen, Tek weaponry is a must for fighting the Overseer. Let your Kentrosaurus, Allosaurus, and Yutyrannus beat back the attack drones and defense units since the former two have pack boosting and since the Yutyrannus has the courage roar to boost melee and melee resistance, while you and the rest of your creatures hammer the Overseer. The key is to keep up the assault against the Overseer itself and don't let it have any breathing room. Also, beware of its laser beam and force field capabilities. Watch out for its other forms as the three sub-bosses as well. They all have separate health bars. Also, you can pick up element dropped on the ground from defeated attack drones and defense units to replenish your Tek rifle ammo if need be.

Exactly the kind of response I was looking for. Thanks for the effort. (You did all this in Single player? Must've taken quite some time.)

So, It would be good to do gammas several times to get tek gear first before attempting the tek cave. 

Archived