pve NEW server Manticore discussion

ZeroSeconds

Hey guys,

So I've breeded a rex line quite fast which I multiplied in a group with a yuty which should be able to take down manticore without too much problems. Little did I know that Manticore had a unpdate (not in the patch notes, no communication about it). So before you attempt manticore on the new server and lose 18 rex's and yuty like me here's some things to take note of:

- Manticore can no longer be trapped 

- Manticore doesn't land as often as it used too (in the 20 minutes we were in there it landed about 4 times) 

- Manticore was hit by a rock golem on the head and now he flies into a wall and keeps flying up and down there (vid will be online soon) 

When you have a group of rex's that have legacy amounts of melee (1000%+) you should be able to do manticore in the same manner, it will just take you 8x as long as it used to. I still need to test if you are able to trap manticore with more people (like for the dragon you need 6+ people to trap it). If you have any other suggestions/idea's on how to do the manticore, feel free to share experiences and ideas

7 hours ago, ZeroSeconds said:

I still need to test if you are able to trap manticore with more people (like for the dragon you need 6+ people to trap it). If you have any other suggestions/idea's on how to do the manticore, feel free to share experiences and ideas

Colisions for dragon & Manticore were turned off in the latest update, you can't trap it.

We have killed beta Manticore several times recently (about 5 times).  You are correct, you cannot pin it.  It takes much longer than it used to and we have only tried with 6 experienced rex riders.  The Rex's were not particularly talented ~500 melee.  On a couple of occasions (but not each time) we have had one survivor firing guns at the manticore while in the air.  It seems to land much more often in the last 5 minutes of arena time than it does early in the match.  I know at the halfway point we never have it halfway killed seemingly.  Somehow we always catch up.

• 3 weeks later...
On October 6, 2017 at 2:35 AM, JoBo said:

We have killed beta Manticore several times recently (about 5 times).  You are correct, you cannot pin it.  It takes much longer than it used to and we have only tried with 6 experienced rex riders.  The Rex's were not particularly talented ~500 melee.  On a couple of occasions (but not each time) we have had one survivor firing guns at the manticore while in the air.  It seems to land much more often in the last 5 minutes of arena time than it does early in the match.  I know at the halfway point we never have it halfway killed seemingly.  Somehow we always catch up.

Maybe it lands more because it ends up running out of stam at the end?

Anyway like Jobo said, it's stressful but ends up working. For alpha it would probably be beneficial to specifically only level melee on the boss rexes, as the manticore does very poor damage and your greatest enemy is time, and legacy-tier damage at the detriment of health would be useful.

• 2 weeks later...

i didn't, i used to farm it with rexs in hard solo before they made it land almost never, and back when i was in PvE.

Now im in PvP so i have 0 need to farm this easy boss, even tho its a nice pile of elements.

Here is a pic of my friend who still plays PvE and did it about 3days ago. (End, if you see this, hey mate :D)

670001346110screenshots201711072344311.j

Seems most of the wyvs were hatched lvl 150.

Manticore is the buggiest fight. We farm it quite regularly and normally we can get it to land by firing a few shots into it or spreading out thin and not move. It lets him pick a target and usually land. God forbid you have an unmounted spectator which will cause him to ping pong around wildly as he tries to aggro you or the spectator or have a dino on the obelisk platform that someone left there, which causes a similar to the unmounted spectator. 

8 minutes ago, CrazyBear123 said:

what is the best strategy for Ragnarok arena and what stat dinoes do I need to do that with just 2 people in a tribe (I have ascendant saddles for them tho)?!

I doubt you can do it with just 2, but maybe in easy yeah.

6 hours ago, Tigrao said:

How to take Wyvern to manticore? What status is good?

Same way you would take rex to manticore. have them next to the obelisk when u start it.

Stats, i wouldnt really know, but i guess at least 10k hp, maybe 15k if you care about them, rest in damage. Maybe some stam if youre going to ride them, if you dont ride them you wont need stam. you could also take a yuty and/or a daeodon, 8 lightning wyvs should still be fine for the fight in Hard.

• 2 weeks later...

So at this point I've done about 6 EASY runs, solo on PVE official. I have killed it solo, but timing out every second run.

It has been noted that the Manticore's AI changes when it is under 25% health, staying up in the air and shooting the purple darts way more often. It also only lands for more than half a second, basically not giving my dinos enough time to even run to it before it pops back up. I have timed out the full 40 minutes three times now, and have lost all my dinos three times. I no longer have the energy to breed 20 boss dinos.

Dragon dies within the first 3 minutes, every time. Gets maybe 1 to 2 dragon breaths out MAX.

Noted glitches of the arena:

1.Dragon corpse blocking dinos after it dies

2. A cart by entrance that can get a dino stuck, and if you decide to mount that said dino, you will be forever stuck yourself.

3. Golem/Manticore pushing my dinos 'neath the mesh, rendering them useless.

The dinos I bring in, each imprinted to ~90%.

10 rexes with 100-120 armor saddles. Base stats 11.8k HP 425% Melee, leveled to 30k HP and 700% Melee.

9 Therizinosaurs with 10 veggie cakes each, 90-100 armor saddles. Base stats 7.8k HP and 390% Melee, leveled to 20kHP and 600% Melee.

1 Yuty, with 90 armor saddle. Leveld to 3k stamina and 30k Health.

My strategy:

I send my Therizino army head in first to get close to Dragon, and when it lands they tank it. I whistle my Rexes behind the dragon, and then make it attack Dragon. Usually at this point it will die within 1 minute.

Now I move my dinos away from Dragon, and wait for Manticore to land. The few first time it lands, it will stay landed long enough for my dinos to get at it. Most of the time, I get it down to about 75% health before it flies up and spawns Golems. This is when it becomes an issue, as now it will just fly and shoot purple darts. It will land, but it takes SEVERAL attempts as you can clearly see when it tries to land, it fails to properly land and flies back up instantly. 

I have tried to clump my dinos together in one instance to make it easier for the manticore to land. I have tried to give it space by spreading out my dinos. I have tried to be mobile around the map with dinos on follow to see if Manticore would land. I have also tried to use different areas of the map where it seems to be "flatter" to see if that helps. Also have tried bringing in weapons to shoot at the manticore. Nothing worked, and to conclude I think it's just RNG if I win or not. I either win by a long shot, or time out.

My .02, and any insights would be appreciated. Thinking of quitting Rag bosses until fixed.

On 14/11/2017 at 4:50 PM, ilidrael said:

Eu duvido que você possa fazê-lo com apenas 2, mas talvez seja fácil.

Da mesma forma que você faria com que rex fosse manticado. tê-los ao lado do obelisco quando você começar.

Estatísticas, eu realmente não saberia, mas acho que pelo menos 10k hp , talvez 15k se você se preocupar com eles, descanse em danos. Talvez um pouco se você estiver indo montá-los, se você não montá-los você não precisará stam. Você também poderia ter um bom e / ou um daeodon, 8 wyvs do relâmpago ainda deveriam estar bem para a luta em Hard.

Thank you, I'll test.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 9:45 PM, ilidrael said:

i didn't, i used to farm it with rexs in hard solo before they made it land almost never, and back when i was in PvE.

Now im in PvP so i have 0 need to farm this easy boss, even tho its a nice pile of elements.

Here is a pic of my friend who still plays PvE and did it about 3days ago. (End, if you see this, hey mate :D)

670001346110screenshots201711072344311.j

Seems most of the wyvs were hatched lvl 150.

Nice that you use our work :P 

Archived