Brick gateways slightly too big

Charlie12345

On regular ark, I always used to build a wooden or stone dino pen. I would build it 4 levels high with a roof.  I would leave a space in one of the walls of size 2 wide, 4 high.  I would then build a gateway (wooden or stone or metal) and it would always fit perfectly in the hole I left.

I did the same on primitive plus last night with a brick doorway, but it wouldnt place.  It keep saying the gateway was obstructed.  In the end I have to place it on the floor in front of the opening, but that then leaves a hole above it.

Anyone know how to get round this?

• 5 weeks later...

I came here to look into this.  It does not like walls OR ceilings anywhere around it.

A tribe mate had managed to get the gate into place, but never told me how he did it.

I have tried pre-placing a lower-tier gate to see if it would replace it and snap into place.  Nope.

I have tried deconstructing walls to see if it had to go in first, nope.

I've had it snap to the center of brick foundations and thought, "Okay, maybe it wants to be recessed, that's fine, I'll put perpendicular walls on either side..."  Nope.  It snaps SLIGHTLY off-center.

The space it leaves it large enough for people to shoot through and look into your base, and they can walk straight in.  It's really worrisome that I have to rely on a lower-tier gateway and the central entry point to my base when I have this nice brick one.

Can someone provide instructions for placing the brick gateway?  It is WAY too expensive of an item to just be breaking walls and gateway frames over and over.

Archived