would people be interested in trading mutated Dinos on an unofficial server?

Zergling963
Message added by Jerryn

As a reminder to any that participate, you can discuss this topic without directly or indirectly advertising your server.

I think this is an interesting topic/concept, so let's not derail with ads.  Offers of clustering and such should be handle via PMs.

Thanks.

So this is just a curious question I have about Unofficial servers and trading mutated Dinos between them?

I run my own server and have transfers working but I wasn't sure if it was doable with unofficial servers or if people would even be interested?

Hence why I asked to find out thoughts/ Find out more about this with unofficial servers.

I am currently still working on this and have only really started breeding and know server transfers is working since I run and keep the server working but what is the general consensus on this? I do it for fun because I enjoy it and eventually I hope to have a friendly community on my server where we trade with each other etc :) But I wasn't sure if trading was done between unofficial servers?

Still very much working on this as time allows as have real life to do but am currently working on quality stats and also working on trying to get Colour mutations.

Currently have a pair of 100% guaranteed sand body colour mutation saber with light purple stripes and black head accent, Also have a male baryonyx 50% chance yellow stripe mutation.

Am still working on colours and stats but stats wise I have a Rex with 5 good stats will have chances of imprinting increasing stats from the first breeding! Don't ask me how it's just how it hatached from the egg! (No mutations) that I plan on using in future Rex breeding and the same on a bronto (no mutation) My friend has a blue back bronto mutation I will access eventually!

Am currently working on breeding argents, rexes, baryonyx, brontosaurus, Sabers and raptors. Eventually will do other Dinos :)

This post isn't to sell stuff it's just something I wanted to find out as I am breeding for myself but was curious about this! All breediggs aim to be level 200 plus.

I didn't feel it fit in the cross ark trading section? So posted it here.

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks very much

9 hours ago, TINYMAN said:

We still trade quiet a bit on unofficial, especially for things like gigas/quetz, or other big or rare dinos like that. We usually trade stuff in much bigger quantitiies than ofiicial since its easier than official to get supplies. Hope that helps.(P.S. some unofficial players are lazy, so they trade quet a bit)

Awesome thanks great to hear that :) As I guess I was curious as to if Trading happens between unofficial Servers or not :)

• 2 weeks later...

Curious as to if this is even possible. There's been a few times I've seen people asking for certain things (blue argy mutations for example) and I'd happily give away certain things for nothing and maybe trade for others if there was a safe way for people to get them as I have a huge overstock of colour and stat mutations from all the breeding I do on my own private servers. I guess the problems may start when different servers are running different levels on things. For example we run all our server animal levels etc at stock values so 150 max wild etc, but we run accelerated breeding settings because it's one of the parts I enjoy doing.

Transferring one that's been bred on a stock settings server to one that has much higher settings would suddenly make it rather less good. Also, how do you guarantee that the items haven't just been spawned in by a less scrupulous server owner/admin (edit: answering my own question I guess the animals history would show what its descended from at least).

Definitely provisionally interested in some harmless trading/donating some things if it's even possible though. Although I'd probably just set up a new server specifically for the trading as our main cluster isn't exposed to the internet.

43 minutes ago, Antitheft2 said:

Curious as to if this is even possible. There's been a few times I've seen people asking for certain things (blue argy mutations for example) and I'd happily give away certain things for nothing and maybe trade for others if there was a safe way for people to get them as I have a huge overstock of colour and stat mutations from all the breeding I do on my own private servers. I guess the problems may start when different servers are running different levels on things. For example we run all our server animal levels etc at stock values so 150 max wild etc, but we run accelerated breeding settings because it's one of the parts I enjoy doing.

Transferring one that's been bred on a stock settings server to one that has much higher settings would suddenly make it rather less good. Also, how do you guarantee that the items haven't just been spawned in by a less scrupulous server owner/admin (edit: answering my own question I guess the animals history would show what its descended from at least).

Definitely provisionally interested in some harmless trading/donating some things if it's even possible though. Although I'd probably just set up a new server specifically for the trading as our main cluster isn't exposed to the internet.

I would say regarding this that you would have to have different sub topics in the forum so you can tell if they are spawned in or not. Also I would travel to that persons server and physically get myself temp added to the tribe and actually check out the dino see that it has the imprint stated and check its mutated etc so people can't just colour a dino and cheat it with no mutations. I think regarding this you would really have to check things out first then proceed with the trade from there but you make sure that you are de tribed before downloading your dino in case they try to scam you. I am currently working on breeding projects for myself for fun and whilst I don't yet have fully mutated dinos and its taking awhile to work that way its still fun and I enjoy it a lot with my revised settings. Eventually I will achieve those fully mutated dinos.

And guess you could be right about certain dinos being worth less or whichever depending on bred settings but I guess the person could just want that dino for its colour etc meaning that either way you could breed the less valuable settings out of it. And you are right about seeing where its decsended from.

Still very much a beginner with breeding but if you are interested PM me and I can show you what I have achieved on my server so far if you would like?? Am currently working on Tapajara, Anky, rex, argent, baryonyx, raptor etc lol just what I feel like at the time however even though in a tribe engram points are still becoming a problem hence I think I am going to have to cut down which I am working on till I find saddle blueprints for them. Gah Darn engram points.

I have currently logged off for the night and am going to bed but if you ever want to come and see what I have done/consider trades feel free to PM me :)

Some of my dinos have been bred from a friends dino! And some is one of mine however I plan on setting myself up to breed what I want too here :) Anyway would love to trade with you if you are ever interested?

2 minutes ago, Zergling963 said:

I would say regarding this that you would have to have different sub topics in the forum so you can tell if they are spawned in or not. Also I would travel to that persons server and physically get myself temp added to the tribe and actually check out the dino see that it has the imprint stated and check its mutated etc so people can't just colour a dino and cheat it with no mutations. I think regarding this you would really have to check things out first then proceed with the trade from there but you make sure that you are de tribed before downloading your dino in case they try to scam you. I am currently working on breeding projects for myself for fun and whilst I don't yet have fully mutated dinos and its taking awhile to work that way its still fun and I enjoy it a lot with my revised settings. Eventually I will achieve those fully mutated dinos.

And guess you could be right about certain dinos being worth less or whichever depending on bred settings but I guess the person could just want that dino for its colour etc meaning that either way you could breed the less valuable settings out of it. And you are right about seeing where its decsended from.

Still very much a beginner with breeding but if you are interested PM me and I can show you what I have achieved on my server so far if you would like?? Am currently working on Tapajara, Anky, rex, argent, baryonyx, raptor etc lol just what I feel like at the time however even though in a tribe engram points are still becoming a problem hence I think I am going to have to cut down which I am working on till I find saddle blueprints for them. Gah Darn engram points.

I have currently logged off for the night and am going to bed but if you ever want to come and see what I have done/consider trades feel free to PM me :)

Tons of screenshots of some of mine in here http://steamcommunity.com/id/ian_highlander/screenshots/

19 minutes ago, Antitheft2 said:

Tons of screenshots of some of mine in here http://steamcommunity.com/id/ian_highlander/screenshots/

Will post some of what I have below here! Thanks for sharing :)

I do not have pictures currently of everything lol! I am currently working at moving base to the new desert in ragnarok and lets say so far I have only managed my tapajaras lol :P Still a long way to go!

These are not yet fully mutated I have the raptor wild dino perfect stats down and am now just breeding for stats/colours with the mutations :)  Am still working on getting those stats down in the other dinos however have been getting a little confused hence why I am thinking of focusing on one for now and see how it goes working on one at a time but will see lol! Sometimes I just love doing random different dinos with the breeding lol. However keeping track of top stats gets confusing when you don't know them to start with due to friends already having pumped levels in there dinos :) But you do what you can :)

Now though I am having trouble with engram points as learnt building stuff but don't have enough for saddles too :( unfortunately I couldn't get engram points adjustment working on my server! Dinos are based on vanilla stats :) So no alterations through mods to the dinos :) I dont use the s plus mutations thing not just because I don't yet have it but I want to achieve my mutations through putting in teh work! Its much more rewarding for me in that way :)

Lime Green raptor Body (have more raptor colours/feather mutations since! Haven't worked out if I have any pattern mutations yet as I haven't been able to tell/work out how to tell that?)
20171007010656_1.thumb.jpg.de49a3ec0707bb9728dbed33d71de6ff.jpg

Lillac Raptor Body
20171007010717_1.thumb.jpg.178e0b33ad5db9f3732c629962896e60.jpg

Albino Raptor Body

20171007010746_1.thumb.jpg.c40b22b83731b983eb5354fddd0e2c0f.jpg

yellow Stripe Baryonyx have more colours since!
20171007011408_1.thumb.jpg.1aab44964b629875f4576c95a07d6603.jpg

Dark Orange Bronto Spine
20171007014051_1.thumb.jpg.28982994128c0ca00bc3cb8c29af7064.jpg

And have some argent mutations, Tapajara mutations, rex mutations too (not many yet and none fully mutated) And no anky mutations yet. But yes its something I am still working on as time allows as I really enjoy the breeding :) And its so much fun riding around on cool coloured dinos lol :P But yes what do you think so far?? Just curious would be easier to show you more if you joined my server Ark of Dragons :) As its too hard to show them all in pictures and I don't currently have pictures of all of them. And am kinda focused on moving and building a big huge new base ocean side in the ragnarok desert lol! Found the perfect spot its pretty and I can also build now an underwater tek area too as have really deep water off where my base is too which is awesome! I am not building tek stuff yet but I hope I can join structures plus underwater tek cabins to my main base somehow but see how it goes! As I want to have an underwater breeding area too etc :) I love building as much as breeding if you can tell lol :P

Enjoy :) let me know if you ever want to check out my dinos on my server! Uploads/Downloads are enabled on it :) And its person ownership in my tribe! Mutated dinos currently are one only and not in the breeding lines just yet as I got the wild dino stats combined perfect and am now getting mutations/colours :) At least for the raptors. Others I am still working on combining the good stats :) Thanks for commenting on it as would be amazing to be able to trade with other people :)

EDIT: BTW you have some gorgeous mutations :)

Archived