Labels on large storage boxes

20GT

I have always stacked my boxes on the narrow side facing out, you can also double stack these if you set it up correctly.

I then sort my inventory by categories, Weapons in one area, Armor in another, basic supplies, advanced supplies, blueprints are also separated by type.

I then color code the boxes to help with the visual recognition of the area each type of inventory is located.

I have also seen rows and rows of boxes labeled in alphabetical order for the different materials, these are then color-coded to separate the transition from one type of material to the next.

8 hours ago, 20GT said:

Has anyone found a work around to put signs/labels on large storage boxs? I was thinking possibly putting the box one square off the floor and then having a wall hanging down from the ceiling infront of it with the sign on it. 

How do you organize your resources so they are available to someone at a glance? 

1507120105762.jpg

Paint them bro,  brown for wood,  yellow for thatch etc and name the box, 

People will get used to the colour system and not have to read the boxes but new tribe members can read all the boxes and see what colour they are.

3 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

Paint them bro,  brown for wood,  yellow for thatch etc and name the box, 

People will get used to the colour system and not have to read the boxes but new tribe members can read all the boxes and see what colour they are.

That is what I ended up doing. Had a tribe member that would just dump random things into a chest. We ended up with a chest for him to put random things in and we would relocate the stuff. His house was a nightmare to find anything. No names on the chests and all sorts of junk.

Also Smokeyb. I am glad to see someone else spells colour correctly.

Archived