Can you tame a mantis in the church cave?

NathanAndDaddy

1 hour ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

Seems to me this would be easier than breeding wolves inside, but I cant find any information on if it is possible. Anyone tried it?

Why would you want to go caving with a mantis? They're squishy as hell, they cant jump very high (especially important in the pifalls of Nosti) and you can't even breed em.

Just now, rororoxor said:

Why would you want to go caving with a mantis? They're squishy as hell, they cant jump very high (especially important in the pifalls of Nosti) and you can't even breed em.

Does seem pretty pointless man, I understand that they do some good damage, but no "caving ability". BRING A GOOD THYLA??

You can walk wolves and thylas in as babies, but I thought with 4 of us on mantises with asc saddles we might be able to get the artifact as we still don't have quite enough female wolves for everyone to breed one inside. Thylas would be ideal, and that is what we had on legacy, but someone built on the sheep spawns on our server so we are still trying to get enough snake eggs to tame them. I know they spawn on the island as well, I have just never had any luck finding them there and we do not have a presence on Ragnarok on the new cluster yet because of the wait time to get in. Once the new DLC gets released we are planning on going to Rag and maybe can find some sheep there to get the thyla program started.

Basically, if I can get the artifact by Friday we can do the manticore then. Depending on how that goes we should at least have tek troughs, but hopefully tek rex saddles as well and then Rock Golems. If I have to wait until Sunday then it puts us behind a week, so I was hoping the cave mantis would be our solution. :) 

Archived