Defending the Base From an Alpha T REX.

Callimdor

Good moornig Everyone.

I have seen around some topics on internet , about Alpha Rexes spawning inside playeres bases and after, the total massacre of dinossaurs and structures.

Well, lucky me, that just happend to me yestarday, and i dont know how, an Alpha Rex lvl 75  spawn inside my base. 

At first, i tried to drive him out oppening my Behamut gates, but i failed to do so.

He killed a Bronto i was taming ( almost 10% left, jesus) and , i had on the beach some of my army, but not all.

I was really hopping he would not see them, but .. he did..

He engaged , i had no choice but to defend my base and my animals , so i engaged also with :

2 Rexs ( lvl276 and 223 )

1 Allousauros ( lvl 264 )

1 Mammoth ( Lvl 115  ) 

1 Pteradon ( 275 )

1 Bronto ( Lvl 20 ) 

1 Therinossauros ( Lvl 246 ) 

1 Megatherium ( lvl 61 ) 

It was the fight of my life in ark, i won, but...

Mammoth was killed , Pteradon also, and the Megatherium.

I was alone, did my best, but i coulnt save them all.

In my main base where more T Rexs and Eagles but i was not able to get them.

Acording from what i have just told you mates, i really hope ARK fixes the Spawning process of those beasts AND , i need to ask... what can i do to prevent them from borning inside my base? 

Another Fun episode happend to my Tribe mate, when his Bears lost against a Megatherium lvl 25 on Bug Buff. His Bears where lvl 275 and 179 lol.

The main Bear had like, 715% DMG and 5.5k Life, and still they where killed, in a matter of minutes.

Is ARK Losing his mind?

Thank you all for reading

Josh.

If you own a large area of land some of it in the middle could be a rex spawnpoint. Unless you place foundations randomly throughout your base there will be random dinosaurs spawning in that area and it just so happens that you built at a rex spawnpoint. Another possible thing that happened was a server save happened or the server had just gotten back online from going down or something like that and it didn't register that your base was there and it spawned a rex.

Dinosaur gateways do not count as a wall and will not prevent dinosaurs from spawning in your base.

Also 5.5k health?
Sounds a bit low too me. On average my larger dino's are always above 10k health.
Do you have access to a Ragnarok server? You could try getting a griphon that way and take down alpha's way easier with them.

Otherwise, not sure what you could have done better.
Perhaps have turrets p and Plants to help you out?

1 hour ago, Olivar said:

Also 5.5k health?
Sounds a bit low too me. On average my larger dino's are always above 10k health.
Do you have access to a Ragnarok server? You could try getting a griphon that way and take down alpha's way easier with them.

Otherwise, not sure what you could have done better.
Perhaps have turrets p and Plants to help you out?

5.5k Healt was only the Bears, the others where all above 10k, otherwise i would lost them all :S I Havn´t tried the Ragnarock , but i have acess to it, i will try to get one later. A dragon would solve the problem, if i had one i believe, and the plants and turrets , i have, on my main base, the place where i was atacked was a bit far, but not much. It was still inside my territory. My main base stands on a tree and on a Cliff, Maximum protection there, but down in the beach , i didnt had the time to upgrade defenses :(

1 hour ago, HoganRyan01 said:

If you own a large area of land some of it in the middle could be a rex spawnpoint. Unless you place foundations randomly throughout your base there will be random dinosaurs spawning in that area and it just so happens that you built at a rex spawnpoint. Another possible thing that happened was a server save happened or the server had just gotten back online from going down or something like that and it didn't register that your base was there and it spawned a rex.

Dinosaur gateways do not count as a wall and will not prevent dinosaurs from spawning in your base.

Yes, its a big Area, i will do that, thanks for helping! Cheers

1 hour ago, LastStandman said:

Your best bet would have been to kite the alpha away from your base, preferably to a place with a cliff you can shoot down. If you had a ptere then you could have used that.

If you have done premade stone Dino gateways then you could also use those to trap it, if you are quick.

At the first try, i did that, this happend on the beach, i had no cliffs, and he started to engage my animals i did not had a chance to do better i sopouse :S Had to fight. All my base is sorrounded by Behamuts, with a really big Area , i oppend all of them i would prefer driving him out then fighting him, i guess i was lucky not to lose all my Dinos!  i was not expecting that beast inside my territory ! Thanks for help :) 

1 hour ago, LastStandman said:

Your best bet would have been to kite the alpha away from your base, preferably to a place with a cliff you can shoot down. If you had a ptere then you could have used that.

Yeah, with any dino, it's best to quickly get all of them on passive and kite the dino away from ur base and tames. If you die it doesn't matter, it's everything else that matters. I keep a 'trash' ptera around specifically for this.

19 minutes ago, Callimdor said:

Actually i dont know how that works, what do you mean by " PEN" , to store Dinos?

Thanks!

All it is is a large building with dino gates or a behemoth gateway for larger dinos. Build like a 10x10 or 15x15 with 7-12 high walls so you can add multiple layers for fliers etc... you then put all of your dinos inside so they cant be killed by stuff like wild dinos or people sniping them. Also because they are all in one place you'll only need 1 or 2 feeding troughs to feed them all as well!

Archived