The Great TEK Wall, A Big TEK Problem.

Iimmy

In agreeance with OP; TEK is just corny. Countless duped walls everywhere. The worst part is the fact that you can't learn the engram unless you somehow join a larger tribe - one that likely won't trust you so that's doomed to fail, typically - that can actually get the job done, as opposed to simply allowing the engrams to be obtained at a higher cost. Hell, make it difficult to craft element as well as opposed to needing a small farming/taming army working around the clock to achieve desired results.

Why? Because sometimes, just spawning in everything to use for yourself gets a little boring without others to enjoy them with, yet likewise wasting your life trying without being part of an army is just as mundane.  More grind and play time with higher ratings is the obvious goal, but I'd rather not feed into it and wait for that middle ground...if it'll ever exist. These things I doubt.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

That sounds more like you setting up wrong expectations for yourself then being disappointed when reality came in. I mean, nowhere anywhere did any developer tease about solar power for the tek generator, so it made zero sense to build yourself up expecting it to be such.

considering how the obelisk are running without any seeming power source, that's how a lot of us on my server are getting the idea

If you don't have time to buy rex egg and grow them, you can probably buy some adult rexes for a higher price. As long as you have the rex and the saddles(all of those can be traded for), you can do easy bosses.

It will take you some time mining everything you need for those trades but at least you can do that on your own Schedule.

If not you can always tame a pack of megatheriums and farm easy brood with a yuty.

14 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

That sounds more like you setting up wrong expectations for yourself then being disappointed when reality came in. I mean, nowhere anywhere did any developer tease about solar power for the tek generator, so it made zero sense to build yourself up expecting it to be such.

A lot of people would be a lot less angry had they just waited for stuff to come out instead of basing their expectations on the equivalent of a child's Christmas list to Santa.... "And I want a pony, and a Red Rider Air Rifle, and a go-kart, and a big screen TV, and a Nintento 64, and a trampoline, and a swingset, and this remote control, and this chair, and this ashtray..." ...only to lose their minds when they find out it's a Game Boy and a scooter. "WHY DIDN'T SANTA LISTEN TO ME?!?!?!?!"

Unrealistic expectations and entitlement. There are so many great things about early access, but the arrow to the knee will always be the unrealistic expectations and entitlement issues from a small group of vocal players who have trouble with accepting change and metaphors. TEK gear was a great example. I assumed it would be an end-tier reward/treat that was a fun toy, but not integral to the completion of the game. More a McGuffin for the overall plot than a necessity. I was closer than I thought, but if my prediction wasn't accurate I can promise you that nobody would find me in the forums lashing out like an insane person at the devs for not making TEK the space suit used to blast out of the outer barriers and fly into space like Master Chief to a spaceship to kill the alien overlords who trapped everyone on the Ark. That's my pet peeve here.

1 hour ago, HiImZech said:

considering how the obelisk are running without any seeming power source, that's how a lot of us on my server are getting the idea

I can understand how you got that idea and how it could be frustrating when it didn't happen that way, but I have some helpful advice to share that I learned from someone on this forum:

15 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

@Limmy very well written.

On 2017-10-01 at 9:33 PM, PaleoJoe said:

Do you make use of all 100+ dinosaurs, or only a few?

Just because they add something it does not mean everyone will use it. For example, I never used the cage outside of a joke on someone. Useless item there.

I play on pvp, and on pvp a cage and handcuffs are extremely useful if not required. Caging raiders is considered a valuable means for progress and revenge.

no matter what you can come up with none of you guys can deny tek is useless on pve and the disappointment on many people's face when tek is released. same goes for titan.

I mean...this is the whole point of this thread and many other related threads don't you think?

tek may be more useful on unofficial server, but its definitely very rare to see anyone rebuilding their base in tek.

So is alpha brood easy to do now? I did it a few months ago with 10 people and 18 rexes and 2 spinos and we beat it with only like 2-3mins to spare. Granted we didn't lose any dinos but just wondering if it can be soloed now or not? I can solo alpha monkey all day but megalania toxin and spino sails aren't easy to get on the island. 

On 10/1/2017 at 11:15 PM, Iimmy said:

scale the bosses. IE: really scale them based on the amount of players that enter

This, this 1000x this. Borderlands does it perfectly, bosses are really hard solo, but not impossible, but  when other people join your game, the boss gets much more difficult AND drops more loot (In ARKs case, element)!

Any solo player can get to tek. I did it. I play pve legacy official and well I bought rex eggs (14.5k) (425m) using the trading groups on the Xbox app. When I first started doing boss fights I did easy brood solo with 7 rexes. This was a few months ago and well I farmed easy brood. And I got my tek replicator so I could craft my high end bps. Eventually I started farming med brood Using 10-15 rexes. And I farmed it and got a transmitter. Isn't that difficult to beat easy brood. Some of you just want things to be too easy. Yes i went up against alpha brood and dragon with my allies and we had 10 people. We brought 18 rexes and 2 spinos to alpha brood. This was back before it was nerfed and it had well over a million hp. And we did alpha dragon with 10 people 10 rexes. Yes we pinned the dragon from flying away but it kept attacking our rexes the whole time. We almost lost but we managed to pull through. And well alpha monkey is a piece of cake now. Just make sure u either fight him up at the temple or right where ur rexes spawn in. Otherwise the monkey will push them off the cliffs

2 hours ago, XeMpTFrOmDAT said:

So is alpha brood easy to do now? I did it a few months ago with 10 people and 18 rexes and 2 spinos and we beat it with only like 2-3mins to spare. Granted we didn't lose any dinos but just wondering if it can be soloed now or not? I can solo alpha monkey all day but megalania toxin and spino sails aren't easy to get on the island. 

They are far from perfect but the monkey and brood are far easier due to the introduction of healing pigs and the yuty.

This reminds me so much of the topic whining about the leed as well.

Just learn to play and ask for help mate. I can tell you right now you can gain entry into tek WITHOUT any breeding AT ALL. You can beat her with some leveled tamed dinos with PRIMITIVE saddles. I've tested it and it works fine. I'll also get to record it on official pvp with just a few dinos. These will be "bred" but not imprinted and not bred for mega stats. Just bred because I was too lazy to tame more. The kids actually came out lower level than the father (the only 145 tame in the breeding bunch, the others (all females) were ranging between lvl5 to max lvl80). 

Also a little tidbit to add to this. It's 100% possible for a solo player to do in their first week of playing. No need for kibble farms, and they are easy tames.

On 10/5/2017 at 10:29 PM, johnm81 said:

Behold and rejoice oh ye masses...

Survivor RaifuForLaifu asks, "What are "Element Chambers"?"

They are zones of intense radiation where it is possible to collect Element Ore, as well as encounter certain hideous, aggressive creatures.

Survivor alcarazr asks, "Will we be able to directly harvest Element in Aberration, either as a resource (with a new tool, such as a special pick) or by killing certain creatures?"

Yes.

You're still limited to using that element on that server. Unless they decide to change that. I can see unofficial servers having element that can be harvestable with just a mod.

On 10/1/2017 at 10:15 PM, Iimmy said:

- option 2, scale the bosses. IE: really scale them based on the amount of players that enter. So you could enter an arena SOLO and it would scale accordingly, the fight is still challenging but not impossible for a solo player.

Cheers

Limmy. 

I can see this being exploited. For instance, a megatribe of 30 people could help with breeding rexes and obtaining artifacts, and send only one person to do the arena for the lower difficulty. If difficulty is decided based on number of people per tribe (with restrictions on adding/removing members) then I'm down.

4 hours ago, rororoxor said:

I can see this being exploited. For instance, a megatribe of 30 people could help with breeding rexes and obtaining artifacts, and send only one person to do the arena for the lower difficulty. If difficulty is decided based on number of people per tribe (with restrictions on adding/removing members) then I'm down.

That's missing the point entirely, It's not easier, it's just scaled. Sending one person in has the same success/failure chance as sending 10 people in. There's no difference its scaled not made easier. all it has to be is do-able. Hell, make the element reward less if needs be, ie: everything scales, at least then TEK isn't locked behind a massive wall that a large majority of players won't get to see/use. 

Other games have scaled bosses accordingly, and those bosses don't present a wall to a % of content. Essentially they need to work on a difficulty rate that scales with dinos and players that enter, not just easy / med / hard it's a lazy way to scale things on just 3 arbitrary levels. 

Imagine they released experimental servers with no tribes or alliances. Think about how they would scale the bosses then, this would be a similar approach.

At the minute the general consensus is "hey Ive done easy brood solo!" or "Ive bred dinos for weeks and done Ape medium solo" which if true is great! but it's not the point. Also, whistling attack my target with 20 rexes  (or having 10 riders) and just standing there chomping away for 20 minutes is not exactly skill based. 

The bottom line is you should be able to enter the dragon boss solo on hardest difficulty and with enough Skill and a good dino it should be able to be defeated. Hell, nerf the element down to the ground if needed WC (we all know you love the grind and playtime stats) just make it do-able. 

I guess on official it is hard unless you actually socialize with other people in the game to help you I mean it is multiplayer... if you really have that itch to play with it just go into singleplayer and use admin commands its easy I always use singleplayer to test stuff out that's harder to obtain in a competitive multiplayer setting, and from what I understand it is scaled way down in singleplayer if you did want to do it legit by your lonely self for some antisocial reason

Archived