HOW TO DO RAGNAROK BOSSES.

MrDynamicMan

Okay, as most of you may know the ragnarok bosses have had some severe changes to them, namely, you can't trap the manticore. 

So how is it done?  

The dragon is very, very easy to kill. You can still use the "smash your heads into it and look up" tactic to trap it, and you can just melt its HP. 450% Melee rexes with yuti buff did about 1.5k damage per hit. We can kill it within a minute of entering the arena. The manticore is a different Beast though. It come with armor (rexes only dealing 150 or so damage per hit, do the maths if you want) and really isn't fond of landing. It appears to go in cycles based on its hp. The first cycle it will float around a lot, occosianlly landing to take some hits. Once it's are half HP it gets very picky, floating and shooting for 5 minutes until "the big hit, "where it will land for about 30 seconds to a minute. You HAVE to get tons of damage in now other you won't win the fight. From here on is what I call the "sniping" phase. It will fly around, shoot at you, and dive to the ground for about 3 seconds before taking back off. For this phase you just run around on your rexes, whenever it lands you get bites in. You have to do as much damage as possible, because it won't touch the ground for long anymore until it's dead. This is the best time to use compound bows with steel arrows to kill it. Maybe a faster mount like theris or yutis would work to get to it when it "teases" you, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, this has been my experience from two boss fights. I'm not sure if these cycles are set in stone or it just happened, but these are my tips for you.

oh and PS: just ignore the rock golems. Even with promo saddle only one Rex died before the timer ran out.

For Manticore we usually use some good, well bred rexes to damage the boss. Their damage is good enough to bring it down, and you can use a piggy or two to heal through the damage the boss does on you when he's not on the ground. Add a Yuty to the pack for increased health and damage to make sure every second you are able to damage the boss counts.

Manticore can be especially annoying when he refused to come down, but with creative whistling, you can hide your rexes out of sight from the manticore to minimize the incoming damage. Deathworms usually go down really fast when you focus your rexes on them.
Golems we usually ignore and just burn the boss.

It helps to bring good rifles and rocket launchers. That way you can toss in additional damage on the boss when he's flying around.
It probably won't compare to the damage the rexes are doing, but every little bit helps in reducing the overall time of the fight.

12 hours ago, Gelantious said:

Had the same problem with the Manticore on Ragnarok, it's a really cheap mechanic that it refuses to land.

Either remove it so once it lands it stays down, or let us bring in the big flyers so we can attack it in the air.

Same thing happened to my group. nuked dragon ez... then spent 15 mins with manticore bunny hoopping and not landing so we could even fight it.

1 hour ago, Bigphule said:

Thank you for the answer.  To follow up, so is that 1 player 20 dinos, or a two dino per person limit?

Max of 10 players. You can bring up to 10 players.

20 dinos is max. 

These are NOT related to each other. You can bring in 0 dinos and 10 players, or 20 dinos and 1 player.

• 6 months later...

Killing easy gamma/beta/alpha bosses in ragnarock depends only on rexs stats and method.

For the method,  is simple, engage first the dragon with one rex and let him burn it alone, when finish the flame animation call all rex to attack, if dragon die well otherwise have to repeat the sequence and pass out to manticore.

When dragon die have to attack manticore with rex/yuti (don't use daeodon!!! not in ragnarock arena better one more dps rex).

The rarely time when she land are also short and u have to inflict massive dmg for drop half of her life, for let golem spawn.

When golem spawn, order to rex to move (use comma whistle) away from battle and let all golems follow u in the corner of the map.

When golems are away if u are doing a beta/alpha boss use Compound, Rifle or shotgun (where compound is better choice) for drop hp while flying, and keep on attack with rexs when landing.

*For the alpha the bigger problem is the torpor, rex without glamour level don't have enough torpor to stay awake on battle. 

My rexs stats when they borns are 13.4k hp and 471% dmg and reach 35k hp 900 dmg when leveled and with a saddle with armor 92 crafted @1200% crafting skills.

We play only on Official server PVE - ragnarock42 / Aberration218 / The island344.
What is written is the result of the gaming experience only on official servers.

PS: REMEMBER TO DON'T KILL BOSS WITH A WEAPON BUT ONLY WITH DINO, OR U CAN'T GET TEK ENGRAMMS AND ELEMENTS!!

Archived