Disgusted and Discouraged!

jokerzfate

After playing ARK for 3700+ hours, I am to the point of moving on. Most of those hours were played on RP or unofficial servers. At lauch I decided I wanted the challenge of back to the basics and went official. If I had started on official I never would have made it to 3700 hours. I also should not have to rely on unofficial servers to enjoy the game.
1. You servers suck. Lag and crashes and rollbacks. Unplayable.
2. Get rid of 2x weekends and make it 2x all the time. You are screwing your loyal players who play daily by adding this on weekends. All the sudden tons of players come out of the woodwork which causes the game to be unplayable. Once the 2x is over they crawl back into the woodwork.
3. If teleporting between servers is screwed up, either shut it down or again fix your servers.
4. Customer Support: get more GMs. Three people in my tribe, 2 of us lost our survivors and some dinos when the server crashed after we had pulled all dinos out and our survivors. No save got us, server crashed all is lost. Now you want us to wait 15 days before you have time on your books to give us our tribes back. I will quit before then. We have 3 tribes on 3 servers and could fortunatley get back into 2 of them but no one owns them. I will have gained back all my levels before I get GM help. 
5. If you GMs started a conversation with someone and then are going to be off for 2 days, they should tell the person they are talking to.
6. When you advertise it is a NA server, make it an NA server and not actually hosted in GE or AU. 
7. Use some of the money you have accumlated to figure out how to stop the duppers.

Add more servers.

You should not have released this game as complete. I am no longer looking forward to abberation and may ask for a refund. If this is what I can expect on abberation official servers, I am not interested. You, WC, have made me livid enough to make my first post ever. But hey, I am money so who cares.

9 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

The normal is already double from the original rate.

Get over it that is a bad excuse. The game needed tweaking on that and they did it. It was stil in alpha at the time. They see that current rate is still to slow weekends are a good proof. 

They should have focused more on fixing issue that where in alpha stage before releasing the game and still do same amount of big pathches almost each week. 

what is it good for if you give x2 in the weekend and servers lag whole time and you get dc and rollbacks whole time. They should have fixed their stuff before release and minor tweaks after release. 

2 minutes ago, Avaraxius said:

Get over it that is a bad excuse. The game needed tweaking on that and they did it. It was stil in alpha at the time. They see that current rate is still to slow weekends are a good proof. 

They should have focused more on fixing issue that where in alpha stage before releasing the game and still do same amount of big pathches almost each week. 

what is it good for if you give x2 in the weekend and servers lag whole time and you get dc and rollbacks whole time. They should have fixed their stuff before release and minor tweaks after release. 

I don't have anything to get over, I was just stating a fact. I personally love the 2x weekends and think that since they have nerfed all the animals into the ground they make sense anyway.

I only have 3 suggestions.

1. Add more servers.

2. Seriously. More. Servers.

3. Did I mention we need more servers?

More than half of all the NA Ragnarok PVE servers on PC have reached server tame cap. Which means 80% of the game is unplayable. What. Utter. Crap. I will say again what I said in another thread of mine. If you cannot afford to maintain anymore servers, just charge us a small monthly fee. There are hundreds of players that play each server from what I've seen and I would wager that even 5 bucks a month should do it. Please take a decision before you completely annihilate your playerbase.

This. Literally, every time they up the rates people want it upped again. Current official rates are fine and perfectly playable, let's stop this "Make it faster" before we end up with 32x official.
Agreed. This game is and should always be about long run progression. Not that its fine the way it currently is, but that the goal should always be long run. Not log in and boom, lvl 10, quetz and full metal base.

As far as I see it, the biggest issues right now, critical to everyone being able to play and enjoy the game are two, as follows:

1. Lag
2. Chars deleted on transfer bug

These two are intertwined and Number 2 there affects the game much more than you would think. Current 1x rate is more than fine, as experienced official players will know that some maps are better for some resources or dinos, while others have other strengths. Having the ability to travel around, and knowing where to go for any specific thing makes 1x more than okay.

Getting your char deleted during transfers however, makes every trip a lottery though. Especially when it goes hand in hand with losing everything that char has uploaded, any tames left behind (if your tribemates have not been added on that server and as GMs show up a week or so later, so ur dino has been claimed). And not to mention losing any and all imprints that you've worked hard for.

Lag - think everyone agrees - is the number one game killer. Lots of Island and Ragnarok servers are virtually unplayable. On some, it takes up to 30 sec to simply land or take off on a wyvern... sick. And to think they did all that cheap PR about legacy servers sacrificed so that new servers would be great... bullcrap.

So if they fixed lag, and made transfers safe, rates would be fine, spawns would be fine and we could adapt to pretty much any other issue... including fully pillared maps... :)

19 hours ago, jokerzfate said:

1. You servers suck. Lag and crashes and rollbacks. Unplayable.

Yes they are having server issues. This is more to do with how limited the engine currently is at multi-threading so the cpu's being used in most host are not up to the task. They need high single thread performance on these machines and sadly those cpus are lower core count so they get less servers per machine.. which most major hosts avoid like the plague.

2. Get rid of 2x weekends and make it 2x all the time. You are screwing your loyal players who play daily by adding this on weekends. All the sudden tons of players come out of the woodwork which causes the game to be unplayable. Once the 2x is over they crawl back into the woodwork.

This is a catch up mechanism. Some people are not able to play 24/7. Some have other obligations during the week... the 2x weekends gives them a way to catch up. Don't forget you also get the benefit of these events.. so in the end you are not LOSING out on anything. You still get the 5x regular days you played then you also get the bonus on the weekend... so not sure why this is even a complaint.

3. If teleporting between servers is screwed up, either shut it down or again fix your servers.

If I had to guess they are still looking in to why this is happening and probably having issues reproducing it in their own test environment. On top of that they might not have even had a chance to work on it at all due to the hurricane that hit Florida.

4. Customer Support: get more GMs. Three people in my tribe, 2 of us lost our survivors and some dinos when the server crashed after we had pulled all dinos out and our survivors. No save got us, server crashed all is lost. Now you want us to wait 15 days before you have time on your books to give us our tribes back. I will quit before then. We have 3 tribes on 3 servers and could fortunatley get back into 2 of them but no one owns them. I will have gained back all my levels before I get GM help.

The game just released. So there will be lots of tickets due to bugs that they are probably actively working on. So yes, there might be a long queue time. It wouldn't make sense to hire a bunch of GM's only to lay them off in a few months when the need for them has greatly diminished. "Patience is a virtue!"

5. If you GMs started a conversation with someone and then are going to be off for 2 days, they should tell the person they are talking to.

It is none of your business or anyone elses when the gm will or won't be at work. You are not entitled to this information.

6. When you advertise it is a NA server, make it an NA server and not actually hosted in GE or AU. 

I have not see this being the case. If so this is more of a poor reflection on their hosting partner who you can see plastered all over the forums and game.

7. Use some of the money you have accumlated to figure out how to stop the duppers.

I myself have given several methods for how to solve this situation, the problem is all of those require time and some changes to the code and safe processes. On top of all that... you have no way of knowing their plans or what they have or haven't done towards the problem already. 

You should not have released this game as complete. I am no longer looking forward to abberation and may ask for a refund. If this is what I can expect on abberation official servers, I am not interested. You, WC, have made me livid enough to make my first post ever. But hey, I am money so who cares

The game is fine, many people are having a great time in the game as we currently type these responses.. on top of that this is their decision to make and not yours. If you are not looking forward to the dlc then by all means cancel it, but giving empty threats is counter-productive and actually hurts your own credibility with this post. Also for people that were "Just money" they have made lots of changes and implemented many features solely because of how popular they were with the majority. When you see those type of actions take place it is safe to assume that they are more concerned about the well-being and fun of their game than they are on solely making a profit.. it is unreal to expect them to not make a profit though.

On 10/2/2017 at 5:44 AM, Baton said:

Ure usually doing on standard rates.But x2 faster on weekends, do not confuse ;)

I know, but that's what it feels like when it's 2x every weekend. I suggest they stop making it so common, or make evo events different each time, 1 week its taming, the next breeding, the next farming, etc, etc. Atm it really does feel like you're getting the short straw if u choose to play during the week.

On 10/1/2017 at 10:29 PM, Cowgirl said:

The normal is already double from the original rate.

It still sucks though, especially on PvP servers. It makes no sense whatsoever. With the bonus weekends to gathering, taming and breeding, the game feels playable and you can actually make progress at a nice pace, but once it's over, it's like... why even bother logging in? 

I'm not here as a hater. I love this game. I simply can't handle the frustrating bugs and glitches that plague my experience. 

I own 5 copies of the game on various platforms and I currently run three servers which I will let run through their current subscription. 

Wild Card,  you have a great idea. You just can't help but trip over yourself. The basic coding of the game needs a major overhaul and until the devils in the details are dealt with and the performance issues are fixed, this game,  no matter how epic a concept, will bleed players and lose people from frustration. 

I'll check back in a few months and see if you've got your house in order, but for now I'm out. 

This isnt me hating. This is someone who loves your game just trying to let you know your lack of attention to basic coding and bugs is losing you people that deeply want to play and enjoy your game. 

Hopefully, you'll take notice. You've got a great idea just, please for the love of all that is good and pure... fix the god damn game and forget about any more content until you do. 

Take the advice or leave it. I hope you get things straightened out soon. See you soon. 

Archived